nothing happening yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
spu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due on Oct 8, 13 days away... aside from occassional bh contrax, which are incredibly irregular, I'm feeling nothing suspicious yet... anyone else feeling 'the same' still? My DM said with both her children, she felt nothing until a few hours prior to delivering... Should I start thinking about eating lots of spicy foods, and other home remedies to get things moving along yet? or is it too soon to worry about ending up with an induction?

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
#2 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 10:27 AM

I'm four weeks away and haven't felt anything different, other than maybe the baby feeling "lower" than usual. I wouldn't worry about it - the baby will come when the baby is ready, even if its a few days (or weeks) after your estimated due date. I found out this w/e that my husband and his two sisters were all between 2 1/2- 3 1/2 weeks after their anticipated due dates. :

Why are you concerned about an induction? Has your OB or MW said that they would induce you if you went past your due date? It seems a little forced to me if they are already telling you that and if this is your first one, then its normal to go at least 10 days past the day.

Hang in there and try not to focus on "the EDD". It will only stress you out more and as a result, the baby will feel your stress. Unless there is a medical reason why you should be induced, I would just let it come naturally.
#3 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Yeah, I agree. Don't get stressed.

To tell you the truth with my daughter I had no signs of impending labor. I was slightly dilated, but most people are that late into pregnancy. The baby hadn't dropped, I hadn't lost my mucus plug or anything, I've never had a BH contraction in my life. She was 2 weeks late, but as soon as I had that first contraction I just knew that it was the real thing.

This time the baby has already engaged, but I still think it will be atleast a week or two away.

Good luck!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
spu

It's funny because when I was pg with the twins, my cervix opened up big time at 18w, so they did an emergency cerclage, and put me on strict bedrest for 4.5 mos. The stitch came out at 37w, and nothing happened... then they induced me at 38.5w, and I ended up with a c. This time around, I don't want any of that... the only thing that's happened was another cerclage as a preventative at 16w when my cervix was shortened to 2cm. The cerclage came out 2 weeks ago, and nothing has happened yet. Which I suppose is a good thing. I just don't want an induction. We're delivering with a fabulous doula and midwives, so that alone will change things... we were all geared up for something to happen the minute they took the stitch out, but now I'm just a normal pg mom waiting like everyone else. Feels kind of nice!!!

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
#5 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Well I'm just one week from my EDD and nothing is happening at all with me. Other than regular BH, no dilation, no plug, no other contractions, etc.

Midwife says that (with first-time moms anyway) it isn't unusual to stay closed right up until the end... I know that at my birthing center they won't let you go past 42 weeks. 42 weeks and one day and you're transferred to the hospital. So although I'm not too "worried" about induction, I'm certainly going to be doing all I can in the next 2 weeks to get things started. Midwife suggested walking an hour a day and having lots of sex...
#6 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Oh, and baby has been engaged - VERY low - for 3 full weeks!
#7 of 7 Old 09-25-2006, 02:06 PM

I haven't felt anything remotely close to indicating labor. I did go 43wks with my last so... I guess I don't expect much yet. I have been getting more BHs. Baby isn't deep in my pelvis yet cause I just don't feel uncomfy down there yet like his head is coming out lol. I am only now starting to feel more twinges down there and today I have my first sciatic pain. So... feeling different but not really different meaning labor is soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page