Progress report.... updates... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 39 weeks and nothing new, except for lots of BH every day but that's nothing new. I know the baby hasn't dropped yet and I think D day will be at least a week away. I'm feeling ready and I'm trying not to spend too much time analyzing when it's going to happen. I've got to keep moving & walking cause laying down is just causing me too much achiness in my legs and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 03:18 PM

38 wks 3 days here...baby has been very low for 2 weeks now. Last Monday's dr. appt I was 2cm and not effaced at all. I've had a few stronger cx this week, but nothing major or consistant. For some reason I just have a feeling that she'll come this week, but I don't know why. My first was 5 days early, my second 10 days late and induced. My dr. will induce anytime after 39 weeks if I choose...I wouldn't consider that until 40 weeks--unless I was pretty well effaced and dilated to like 4 and could just have water broken to start labor. I feel great, although I wish people would quit staring at me in public--seriously, people look at me like I might just drop this baby on the floor any minute...and they don't want to see that !! I just smile as graciously as I can!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#33 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 03:33 PM
spu

I'm 39w today, and the only unusual thing that's been happening is my chocolate lab - she's been sleeping right against my backside/tush the past few days. Ironically, I've been feeling a little better this past week too (kidney stone, stent pain has been keeping me rather immobile since 5 months pg...). Just waiting for some signs that something is brewing. At my last mw appt on Th, I was 1-2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She wanted to do a sweep + stretch (see my prev. post) but I declined... cervix is still posterior, so I'm glad I said no. She wants to do it by next week if things aren't happening by then, "to avoid an induction" she said... (I'm a vbac)... so I'm hoping not to have a sweep or an induction. Doesn't make sense so early... Would there be any good reason to have a sweep + stretch?

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
#34 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Well... I am now an October mama! This baby's gonna have an October birthday. Seems to me like a lovely month to be born.

I am now 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant! I am a little bit sad, a teeny bit tired and fed up but mostly I'm okay. My daughter (who is two and a half) stayed inside for 42 weeks and 5 days (based on our conception date, which was 100% sure), so it's not like I whole-heartedly expected this one to come on time. I do, however, have a lot of other things going on so I am getting a bit irked at her failure to comply to our "schedule" (something babies do so well ).

I am a midwifery student, in University in Ontario, Canada and while I can bring the babe with me to all my classes in sling... I do need to be attending classes etc. Well, I have had so much prodromal labour, (practice labour, I hate calling it false labour but when I'm bitter I do!) that I have been missing one too many classes, cutting into the classes I can recover after bebe arrives. I actually recieved a little "warning" e-mail from my prof about missing too many classes, I was a bit bummed about that. I would like to see her show up to the school after being up until 5:30am on the toilet breathing through really hard contractions!

I am totally feeling what both littleteapot and unitytree are saying about the labour going away when you stand up/walk around and also about it waking me up in the middle of the night.

Sigh. Sorry I just wrote a book about my little sob story, I'm not impatient, I swear! I just keep looking at all the diapers, and the slings, and the clothes and I just wanna hold my fresh one.

(Oh, as for my actual update: I have been checking my own cervix periodically, and while it was long, hard and closed about a week and a half ago, yesterday, it had effaced about 70%, is dilated to a 2 and super-stretchy and mushy. While it's no indication of how long the pregnancy will last, makes me feel like my sleepless nights aren't a total loss!).

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#35 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 06:12 PM

I am 37 and half weeks now. Baby is sitting very low, but I haven't had any cervical checks so don't really know what's going on there. I am feeling pretty good considering, and trying to enjoy the tale end of my pregnancy as I try to hurry and get everything ready already! I'm almost ready, got a lot done this weekend-- the nursery is almost put together, my birth time bag is all packed, got most of the baby clothes I need now, and some nursing shirts-- so I'm almost done!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#36 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Hanging out and frantically trying to get things done here. My EDD is the 17th, and I really don't want this one to come early. I've got full-time hours this week and we need the money, then the next week my way-cool OB whom I LOVE is out of town. Hang in there Little Jeter! I may just go UC if I go into labor the week she's gone!

Really big and waddling, he's dropped some but no clue what station. No internals so I've got no idea what my bits are up to, though some twinges and a few take-your-breath-away pangs make me think something is going on down there.

Really emotional and on teeny-tiny fuse with DH. I've let him off easy the whole pregnancy as we've been trying to get things done and now he wants to continue coasting but I'm out of energy and brain power to keep up my pace. I'm starting freezer meals today and hope to have everything in order by the end of the week...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! Okay, gotta finish posting and go get some work done.

Congrats on the VBAC!! Sending happy, positive labor vibes to all you mamas!
#37 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Well i am technically without a compt However in the evening i am able to use DH work laptop. Kai had brought his water pistol in to refill and well guess you can say there was still a little bit left in it because it ended up on my keys. So now some of the keys do not even function. Tomorrow i am bringing it in to see what it needs . Hopefully nothing more then a new laptop keyboard.. UGH!

Last night i didnt sleep well i ended up sleeping alone in the bunk bed room. I was up 7 or more times to pee and then the last two days i have been really aware of the tightness feeling and my lower back SOOOO i have been making sure to try and stay busy so i do not focus on it. WHat is odd is last night i had a hard time sleeping on my left or right side. I dont know if baby was trying to change positions or not but it hurt. He is middle posterior right now.

Once i get my compt fixed i will share a few pics from a Blessingway a few close friends gave me. they made me a really cute birth pillow. Each friend brought along a piece of fabric and placed a stitch in it. It was quite funny seeing some of the master and newbie seamstresses

DH is putting Kai down right now and then im suppose to wake him up so he can do the belly cast as we do not want to wait to long . I also have to make sure to make it to the art supply store tomorrow to get good quality watercolor paper to do the placenta print. My MW does a whole thing after the birth telling the story of the tree of life, placenta, explaining etc so we will then do the print.

Anita how are you i havent seen you post??????

Michele
#38 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai View Post
WHat is odd is last night i had a hard time sleeping on my left or right side. I dont know if baby was trying to change positions or not but it hurt. He is middle posterior right now.

Michele

This has been my prob since yesterday. He was still lying on my right side at my appt yesterday morning. But, at some point he must have went back to the middle because I didn't feel back on either side anymore. Whah! : It hurts to be on my right or left side as well. Sigh. These kiddos need to be nice to us

I'm bouncing on the birth ball right now trying to get him to move. It's only making my acid come up my throat even worse than it already is though.

Crystal
#39 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 10:20 PM

I'm 37 and a half weeks now. Earlier in the afternoon I was having numerous contractions but then they faded away again. I am really uncomfortable and really ready! My EDD isn't until the 17th but I feel like this week may be it. Probably just wishful thinking, I know! The lower pelvic floor cramping is driving me nuts again and I was having some back pain earlier too . . . hmmmm . . . maybe something will happen soon. I dreamt last night that today I was going to have bloody show, and that labor would start right after that. I also dreamt I was working in a rock quarry hauling large amounts of stone around so the dream probably doesn't mean much. I think my mind is just having fun!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#40 of 53 Old 10-01-2006, 10:38 PM

I've hesitated posting how I am because I've felt so rotten. I didn't want to be such a bummer but I'm finally better so I guess I'll share a little.

I started throwing up again....and when I do, I just can't stop. It's endless heaving anad I end up tearing up my throat so badly that it bleeds....then the acid reflux/heartburn happens and it just kills me constantly. I was having horrible trouble sleeping....you get the picture.

I went to see my chiro, who I've been seeing weekly for a while. We spaced out my app to 2 weeks and in the midst of that 2 week span, all this started up. I should have called her sooner. I didn't know all the tricks she has up her sleeves! So I went in to see her at my appt and she asked how I was....well I started being honest about how horrible I was really feeling and I started crying. This is so NOT like me! So, she pulled out some acupuncture needles and worked on my spleen and stomach. Then she adjusted me and gave me sulphur homeopathically and some serious digestive enzymes to take with each meal. I felt so much better the next day. I swear, I felt human again. I still don't feel "normal" and I won't until this baby is born....but it's a lot better.

I've been back once more for acupuncture.

We've been decluttering and organizing a lot. It was so necessary. My dh has been such a hard working angel this weekend. He's really made some things happen around here and I am so grateful for him. He even baked me a lemon merengue pie Friday night and made another one tonight! Is that love or what!

Counting the days...I'm so glad it's finally October...but I'm not due til the end of Oct and that still feels like a long way away!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#41 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 01:32 AM

Hey! Decided to join in on the convo. Im 36 and 4 days? Maybe 3? I dunno. all i know is im nesting seriously. And at the end of the day I am in so much pain I want to cry. Its hard for me to move, I cant sleep because im tossing and turning from one side to the next, and to make it all better im sick as a dog right now and cant do anything about it : My other kids are SOO excited that the baby is almost here, but these last few weeks are NOT coming quick enough. Im scared out of my mind because this is my 5th and last child, and my 10 month old just seems so little now that im about to have another baby. I had my first 2 10 months in between each other and I just dont remember him being this little when she was born. The heartburn is killing me. The foot in my rib is starting to get REALLY painful, he is tossing and turning just as much as i am and it hurts... not to mention peeing EVERY SINGLE 5 SECONDS is getting so annoying.

I will be so glad when this is over. I cant take too much more.

Everyone else is having great pregnancies... I feel like such a baby complaining
#42 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty's_wifey View Post
I will be so glad when this is over. I cant take too much more.

Everyone else is having great pregnancies... I feel like such a baby complaining

Well, personally I resist saying ALL about how I'm feeling because I'm trying really hard to be positive. If I start I may not stop

One huge gripe I have at the moment however is that pee'ing thing. How annoying is it to need to go real bad, get there and then need to lean forward, lean back, try side to side to get more than a spoonful out! Only to need to go real bad, 10 minutes later GRRRRRR! I don't recall that happening with my other pregnancies or maybe it's all part of the pregnancy and birth amnesia you experience once you are holding your little one!
#43 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 05:55 AM

Anita--glad to hear the good news on your labs . Hope the little guy comes very soon!

Amanda--What an adorable baby! ...and might I add, I'm a bit jealous of your stash!!!

Spu-"She wants to do it by next week if things aren't happening by then, "to avoid an induction" she said... (I'm a vbac)... so I'm hoping not to have a sweep or an induction. Doesn't make sense so early... Would there be any good reason to have a sweep + stretch?"

Not by my estimation. Induction is a bad idea for a VBAC mama, so, yes you want to avoid pit at all costs, but it does seem early to suggest a sweep and stretch. I suppose if there was a threat of "c-section, or else!", I might consider a sweep, but then again I would probably insist on a NST at 41 and again 42 weeks instead, but that's just me.
#44 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 AM

See the latest with my situation here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=531401
#45 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Banned

I'll come back later to finish reading up, but wanted to drop an update.

I guess I haven't been posting here that much, but I do love you ladies!

I am 37 weeks today. Baby has definitely dropped, something I didn't ahve happen last time. Very uncomfortable sometimes. I feel huge and tired, but good. I vacillate between "get out" "get out" and "don't leave" "don't leave", I'm already feeling how strongly I will miss feeling my lil guy inside me, safe and sound, and .... snort ... quiet!
#46 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 AM

37wks 2 days
Both of my other boys were 8 day slate, so I expect this one will be later too!

Nesting lots. I finished s super soft flannel daygown yesterday and want to do more today. Started a load of laundry this morning. Got straight out of bed and brushed hair/washed face/brushed teeth.

Off to get one off to school then finish filling th fridge and pantry!
#47 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 10:27 AM

Hugs to you, Karen.

And some hugs for Christi, too.

I am sorry to hear you two are having such a rough time in these last weeks.

I am 37 weeks now, so "legal" for our home birth. The birth pool arrived end of last week... now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that the hot water will hold out...

I'm not feeling like this baby is going to be born any time soon, but I don't know how much of that is *me* feeling like I'm not ready yet. I did have a dream about washing out dirty diapers last night, though.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#48 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 11:05 AM

Hugs to everyone. The end is near and the anticipation sure can make things rough.

I'm about 36 1/2 weeks now.

Had my cerclage removed on Friday, which means I'm (in the OB's eyes) good to go at any moment now. Me, not so much ready, . To my knowledge, I haven't felt any contractions, but baby seems to like banging it's head against my cervix...not an entirely comfortable feeling, but it certainly feels better now that I no longer have the stitches in place.

I have doubts that I'll make it to my "due date," October 26 or 27, but then I can't really accept the reality that the window of time in between now and then is quickly closing in...who'd have thought October would be here so soon?!?!?!

I'm becoming increasingly more uncomfortable, and not remembering this from my first pregnancy in the last month. Well, I remember the millions of inefficient trips to the bathroom...sometimes it seems I've got to get back on the toilet seconds after standing up from going pee...ARRRGGGH!

Would love to be "nesting" more but I'm too too tired and my back and rear hurt too much to get too much done. I keep reminding myself that I need to pack my hospital bag...

DH wants to have his parents come stay with us for a little while after baby is born to help out with DS and such...(my parents live with us and can be less than helpful...I'm terrified to see what the house will look like after we come back from a couple of days in the hospital) but, seriously, how many people do I truly need to entertain (and they seem to think we should entertain them when they come here to "help") when I'm coming home from having a new baby?!?!?! Our house is fairly large, but not large enough for all these people to be here without driving me crazy!!

I'm starting to freak out about how DS will react to having a new baby in the house. I know he's going to be an awesome big brother, but worry at how he'll react to not have my complete attention anymore. And, I'm worried he'll be slighted by visitors (especially the grandparents, arrrrrrrgh!!) who'll come to pay more attention to baby (who won't be as aware of the attention) than to him.

Can't wait to meet this baby...but totally caught by surprise that birth month is HERE already?!?!?! So much to prepare for...
#49 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 AM

37 +6 weeks and going strong. Have a breech presenting twin so I am trying lots of things to flip her. I think the acupunture may have worked and have been burning the mugwort stick daily... I am sure my neighbors think I am smoking "something", that's what it smells like anyway! My doc is on vacation till next Monday, so I am trying to hold them in till 39 weeks:
Trying so hard to avoid c/s, it sucks when you have had perfect health, done everything right...and still they won't even try to deliver breech... :
Paige
#50 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 11:22 AM

I will be 37 weeks this Thursday. Last Thursday my sciatica was so bad I could hardly walk. I literally limped through the grocery store. I was going to the chiropractor once a week but decided it was time to start going twice a week. So I managed to get down there Friday afternoon and have been feeling much better. I still have terrible leg cramps, especially when I stand - the muscles you use to bring your legs together are the ones that bother me, like a nerve is being pinched by the baby or something. My pelvis doesn't hurt as bad as it did, and I can still sleep on my side, which I cannot do when the sciatica flares up.

DH is in graduate school via distance ed and has arranged with all his professors to take his midterms early. He's taking one today and will take the other next Monday. We're hoping babe will stay put at least until then. He's also driving 4 hours with his brother to go see a football game this weekend and it's an evening game so they have to stay overnight.

I checked myself last Thursday and I could reach my cervix but it was high and closed, so hopefully I have some time yet. No plug yet, though I dreamed Saturday night that it came so yesterday I spent the entire day getting ready for baby (packing bags for the hospital, getting the bassinet out, all the stuff I didn't want to stare at any longer than I had to is now done). I dreamed last night that I had pre-labor cramps, but I'm pretty sure it was a dream and not for real. We meet with my doula tomorrow evening for our pre-delivery appointment. So things are coming together but I'd be happy if we didn't see any action for another couple weeks or so.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#51 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

Amanda.. . s: Congrats on finding a place to VBAC! I'm also going to hold off going in to try to stave off surgery. I'm a little nervous but excited too!

Scarlettrose: I hope the homebirth goes wonderfully. I am a little jealous! I love reading the homebirthing stories, can't wait to read yours.

littleteapot... I didn't know you were so close.... what should we send you? slippery vibes instead of sticky vibes?

BCmommaof6 What a cutie!!!!!!!

Soccermominsd sorry to hear you are still itchy!

ladybugchild77 :
Quote:
My back up midwife is an herbalist and put me on a tincture that stopped the contractions! It is amazing - the medicine did nothing whereas this stuff WORKS!
That sounds great! Any idea what it is? Maybe you could post something about it in the Pregnancy area so other moms can try it out.

deliria and spu: can't wait to read your VBAC success stories!

spu... ouch s: kidney stones... : ouch no idea about the sweep/stretch

Puppyfluffer.. s: Yay for acupuncture, enzymes and pie!!! Fingers crossed it stays bearable.

fortyswifey... aw it sounds awful! Where else to complain if not here? I hope things get better for you very soon. Hang in there!

I am glad you are getting your homebirth Crunchymamatobe!

Stayathomecristi... s: that just sucks. It really does.

happiestmama... I am also wondering how my DS is going to handle being a big brother.

I'm sending your breechling flippy thoughts, maxymum.
#52 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 02:50 PM

We are in the homestretch here mamas!

I am about 36 weeks along and have had more energy these last few weeks so I've been getting a lot done. No major complaints except these damn hemherroids! ack! I feel like we are as ready as we are going to get, we finally bought a carseat this weekend. I also found out my OB will be out of town from 10/10 though 10/20 (which we knew before) AND 10/30 through 11/7!!! It sort of throws a wrench in my level of comfort b/c I haven't met his replacement who is coming up from Texas. I hope she is as cool and open as he is if our little one decides to come when he is out of town. On a positive note, we toured the hospital and labor/delivery wing. It is nicer than any hotel I've ever been in! Hardwood floors, private rooms, huge whirlpool tubs, nice lighting, CD player, etc. We became much more familiar with the policies there and they seems great - baby never leaves the room unless you specify. They will let you labor in the tub until the point of delivery and have great equiptment like birthing balls, hanging bars, floor mats, and the list goes on.

Other than that I'm just enjoying the autumn season and waiting patiently. We're crossing our fingers that we don't get any freak late October snowstorms since we have over an hour drive to the hospital. The sky has been known to open up and dump a few feet of white in October:

\m/

#53 of 53 Old 10-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxymum View Post
37 +6 weeks and going strong. Have a breech presenting twin so I am trying lots of things to flip her. I think the acupunture may have worked and have been burning the mugwort stick daily... I am sure my neighbors think I am smoking "something", that's what it smells like anyway! My doc is on vacation till next Monday, so I am trying to hold them in till 39 weeks:
Trying so hard to avoid c/s, it sucks when you have had perfect health, done everything right...and still they won't even try to deliver breech... :
Paige

: Tell it sister!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page