Progress report.... updates... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2006, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone? How many weeks are you and what's been going on? Whinging is very welcome and greatly understood!

I'm currently 39 + 3, my guess date is just around the corner on Wednesday. My BH are so strong lately that they rival pre labour with #1! Baby has suddenly become active again (ouch!) each time he moves more than a fraction it sets of some serious BH ( I have an irritable uterus)and I'm feeling very nesty but trying to take it easy because I have a wedding to go to tomorrow.
I haven't yet had an internal so I have no idea what my bits are up to but have my 40 week check up on Tuesday.
My nerves are starting to get to me and I'm needing to remind myself to trust my body blah blah.
I'm not generally one for suprises so the anticipation of when it's all going to happen and what we'll do with the kids etc is getting a bit much also! I really must practice some relaxation techniques!!

So,.... how are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 AM

i'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and boy has this past week been tough! ramdomly i'll get burst of energy and get a few things done, then i'm exhausted for the rest of the day. yesterday i stayed home from work, went for a walk, cleaned up a bit around the house and then pretty much relaxed and read for the rest of the day.

this past wed. and early thurs. i passed my mucous plug. besides that i've been feeling very, very achey and sore. guess i'm just in the wait and see mode.

come on baby!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:33 AM

Glad to see that others are approaching the big day. Atljenny, I think I may have passed a bit of my plug yesterday. It's exciting, but not, KWIM? With DS2 my water broke at home and my plug went along with it. It was disappointing for me to find out that labour can still take a while after the plug is gone. And I've only lost the smallest amount of it. Darn

I'm 38+5 and it's contraction central around here. Nothing regular that lasts for more than a couple of hours. However, the BH are getting stronger and have started to wrap around to my back more often than not. It's so hard to stay patient. I write (complain) about it on my blog quite a bit, and try to throw in some humour for good measure. If I can make it funny it doesn't make me want to cry as much

I've been 2cm with a soft, posterior cervix for the last two weeks. I had a lot more discharge this week so maybe I've dilated a bit more. Who knows? We'll find out at my 39 week appointment on Monday.

Oh, and I was officially approved for a VBAC at the hospital. Horray! A midwife wasn't an option around here, so we've made due with what's available. The chief OB at the hospital was very impressed that I birthed a 10lb 6oz baby vaginally before (I should introduce him to some of the MDC mamas who've birthed bigger!) and feels I can do it again. However, they won't use pitocin or anything to augment the labour due to the increased risk of placental abruption, so I either go completely au naturel or we start talking cesarean. I hate pitocin anyway - it does bad, bad things to my body. However, when I go into the hospital I want to be in very active labour and nearly ready to push so we don't start looking at surgery. *crossing fingers*

That's it here! Let's hope those of us near the end go this weekend
Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 AM

Amanda,

Congrats on being approved for your VBAC! That rocks!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:01 AM

Amanda, that is so awesome. and going in late in labor will help you avoid the interventions. Good luck!!!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 09-30-2006, 11:10 AM

congrats amanda!

i'm 36w5d. still have my plug, bh are getting more frequent but i don't have them a lot - mostly i've just got that way uncomfortable thing going on. and suddenly dh is a bigger bed hog than before, so that stinks

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
My Livi bear 10/26/2006
Old 09-30-2006, 03:03 PM

Congrats Amanda, that is awesome!!!!

I am doing good Having a hard time walking lately. But can't complain too much, have had pretty much a painless pregnancy. Sleep is getting to be annoying. I can't get comfy in any position, especially on my sides cause it hurts my hips. Getting out of bed sucks. I still don't really get all *that* many BHs. Not compared to baby #3. I get a few a day I guess. Still have my plug, but I have never seen it with any baby yet. Really not too much is different besides me just "feeling" different and it getting uncomfy to walk much.

Not too much longer everyone!
Crystal
Old 09-30-2006, 03:39 PM

I am 36 weeks +3 days everything is going well it i keep getting a sharp pain on my bladder i guess it is just the baby pushing around to make more room , but my midwife says everything is fine and the babys head is down and ready so i dont think i am going to make it all the way to my due date which is oct 27.

rachel
Old 09-30-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala3ers View Post
...but my midwife says everything is fine and the babys head is down and ready so i dont think i am going to make it all the way to my due date which is oct 27.

i keep on getting the same comment from everyone...they don't think i'll make it all the way to my due date....i'm due october 20th, supposedly.....

the babe is heads down, i'm right around 36 weeks or so.....and everything looks good.....

and i'm going to go through with my homebirth!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala3ers View Post
I am 36 weeks +3 days everything is going well it i keep getting a sharp pain on my bladder i guess it is just the baby pushing around to make more room , but my midwife says everything is fine and the babys head is down and ready so i dont think i am going to make it all the way to my due date which is oct 27.

rachel
I said the same thing when I was pregnant with my first! At 32 weeks I dropped, engaged, lost some mucous plug, dilated a bit and started contracting regularly.
I went to 41 weeks.

With my second I dropped/engaged/blahblah 5-6 weeks before birth.

With my third? Nada!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Old 09-30-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post
I said the same thing when I was pregnant with my first! At 32 weeks I dropped, engaged, lost some mucous plug, dilated a bit and started contracting regularly.
I went to 41 weeks.

With my second I dropped/engaged/blahblah 5-6 weeks before birth.

With my third? Nada!

Yep , with my last baby I went to one day shy of 43wks. And I was engaged for a while before I had her and was having constant contractions that would have me in tears since 36wks.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:07 PM

I'm getting regular contractions every night, generally 8-10 minutes apart, for hours at a time! Except they never get closer together, but they do get more intense. They generally leave just after I lay down in bed, or if I get up off the couch! :
This has been going on 2+ weeks now.
I'm overdue by any way I spin my dates, so I'm just waiting.

My daughter was 41.1 and my son was 34 weeks. I was sure this baby wouldn't go too far overdue, but in order for that to be true I'd have to have her like... today!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Old 09-30-2006, 04:09 PM

36 weeks, 4 days here. After some weird few weeks around 34 and 35 weeks where I felt extremely tired, crampy and strange...I've been sleeping more and feeling kind of better. I thought for a while I would go at 37 weeks, but now I feel like I'll go to 40 weeks...eeks. It's probably also because my midwife is gone next week so I'm sending calming messages to my uterus.

Not much else to report...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 09-30-2006, 04:34 PM

aw! I so feel for y'all. It seems like so long ago that I was pregnant...and Anna's only 19 days old. Man, time flies...

We are doing pretty good...Anna is gaining weight rapidly now...she's actually outgrowing some diapers & clothes already! Her little cheeks are fat & she has a double chin! She is still "needy"...I've totally adjusted, though...I just carry her around constantly...she's blissfully content if she's in-arms. She is doing better at night...only waking 3 times most nights to be changed, fed, burped & goes right back to sleep.
Here's a couple pics from a few days ago...
I'm just linking to my FS album...there's a pic at the beginning & at the end of her PICS LMK if it still doesn't work

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

Old 09-30-2006, 04:44 PM

BCMama...the links aren't working You are very blessed...I can't wait to have this little guy safe in my arms.

I'm 39w4d here...and VERY impatient with the incessant itching. The CNMs called me back today with the bile acids that were in the normal range (I want to see the results for myself though). BUT I can't help feeling awful with knowing I'm itching for a reason and what's happening to the babe? I would feel so much better if he was out. Liver panel was great as well so no induction.

Hoping and praying he comes SOON.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:53 PM

I'm just shy of 38 weeks.Doing well.Been cleaning like a mad woman,taking care of my kiddos and not sleeping a wink.I'm a bit grumpy because of that part of it.Lots of cramping and contrax but that is normal for me.I'm not getting any internals but i am sure i am dilated to some degree.Just waiting now...
Old 09-30-2006, 07:05 PM

I've been nesting hard-core lately too. I cleaned out the pantry, fridge, did a full-out top to bottom house cleaning, got old baby stuff out of the basement and cleaned them, and washed a ton of baby clothes and articles.

Starlein and I are about the same due date - I'm 36 weeks 4 days and due the 25th. Baby dropped last Sunday - and she is head down and anterior Yay! I have no reason to think she'll come early. My son was head down and engaged a few weeks before he was born - and he was born at 41w1d.

Glad to hear you are all doing well!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsgirl View Post
Starlein and I are about the same due date - I'm 36 weeks 4 days and due the 25th.
Oh yeah...duh, so that makes me 36 weeks 5 days...like it really matters...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 09-30-2006, 10:51 PM

Excellent on the vbac!

BCmamaof6, it's hard to believe your baby is already 19 days old!

I started having some good ctx yesterday morning. I was pretty sure that it wasn't "it", but it was intense enough that I called dh to come home and take care of the boys for me. We had a little dress rehearsal. I figured that dh wouldn't mind an excuse to leave work early on a Friday afternoon, and even if they don't lead to anything, ctx like that are still hard to get through when you have to make lunch!

Anyway, they stopped after about 11 hours. Thankfully they became less intense in the afternoon. They started back up some this afternoon, but I'm not impressed.

By my best guess I'm about 42 weeks. My second went to 43 weeks, but I am prepared that it could be longer yet. Don't want to get my hopes up...I'll take it whenever it comes.

I've been hard-core nesting lately, though I wear out easily like atljenny47 was saying.

Soon soon soon, y'all...We'll have our babies soon!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 09-30-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I was sure this baby wouldn't go too far overdue, but in order for that to be true I'd have to have her like... today!
Well what are you waiting for???? :
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermominsd View Post
BCMama...the links aren't working You are very blessed...I can't wait to have this little guy safe in my arms.

I'm 39w4d here...and VERY impatient with the incessant itching. The CNMs called me back today with the bile acids that were in the normal range (I want to see the results for myself though). BUT I can't help feeling awful with knowing I'm itching for a reason and what's happening to the babe? I would feel so much better if he was out. Liver panel was great as well so no induction.

Hoping and praying he comes SOON.
I'm sorry you are still itchy but I am very happy for you that your bile acids came back normal.

Could you just have PUPPS? I had it with my first and it was horrible. Just horrible. I can't remember where all your itching is.

I really hope you get some relief soon... so come on baby
Old 10-01-2006, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'll be 36 weeks this Tuesday, my EDD is Halloween. I'm expecting this one earlier, dd was born at 38 weeks. I lost my mucous plug forever ago, baby is engaged, and ready to go. I actually had to really slow down this week, I could feel that my body was right there, my BH's were getting really strong and even more frequent, plus I had constant cramping. Everything has eased up since I've decreased my activity level. My MW has predicted this babe will come early and fast, we'll see how that goes.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:57 AM

I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. The past week or so I've had some contractions that are actually somewhat painful. But nothing regular and nothing that strong. Lots of regular non painful BH ones though. I've been doing the hard core nesting -- have spent a lot of time this weekend organizing all the hand-me-down clothes and putting them in the dresser. I plan to tidy our home office tomorrow, and once that's done the house will all be clean. Not that baby needs our home office to be tidy, but that's just for my own sanity.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:04 AM

Amanda - Congrats on the VBAC! That's awesome!:

Gabrielle - You dd is soooo precious! Those adorable pictures make me want to meet mine RIGHT NOW!!!

To all of the "overdue" Mamas - here are some labor vibes (for when the little ones are read yof course...but it never hurts to sprinkle you with labor dust!)

I am officially 36 weeks tomorrow and can have my homebirth!!! WOO-HOO! I can also finally get up and move around...I have not been able to have much true "bed rest" though so I have been cheating a lot. My back up midwife is an herbalist and put me on a tincture that stopped the contractions! It is amazing - the medicine did nothing whereas this stuff WORKS! I am still getting them regularly at night but during the day I have only had one or two since I began taking it. I am nesting like a mad woman - last night I made muffins, homeade waffles, and today I made a crockpot of homeade chicken soup. We havea very small freezer but I plan to fill it to bursting!!! I need to check out that freezer thread! I also want to clean the apartment but my dh won't let me becasue he told me I have to wait until 37 weeks so we can be sure dd is "done"...What a card...now if I could just ocnvince HIM to clean it! Otherwise I am feeling OK - just tired but dealing with insomnia: and my hips HURT!!! I remember thi slast time and the only thing that made my hips feel normal again was to have a baby!

Great to hear your updates. Can't wait to see more baby pictures!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 AM

38 weeks 5 days here and I'm starting to feel like she's gonna be late like her big sister. *sigh* Since Wednesday I've gone from perky, hiking, walking with no difficulties to depressed, emotional mess, pressure that radiates all the way down my legs, BH contractions that sort of "take" my breath away, and extremely painful movement. I hobble around like a little old lady. No dilation that I can feel and cervix is still pretty far back - but it is very mushy and about half it's normal length. The baby's head is right there - sitting on top of my pelvic opening so I guess she's engaged? I've just started (again since Wednesday) being unable to sleep very well, dreaming a lot, etc. The mobility issue REALLY bothers me though, because I'm very active most days and having to almost limp is making me cry. I hate feeling feeble. Ugh. So yeah, the desperate feeling is in full force - perhaps that means time is getting close. I do not know - I think that's what I hate most about pregnancy. I'm a virgo, I need to KNOW things, man!!

On an up note, I did get my belly henna-ed tonight and put some braids in my hair. Just need to paint my piggies and get a little trim job "you-know-where" and I'll be all set for birth day!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:14 AM

Things are going well 'round here.....haha
I'm far to calm and giddy for being this far "past dates". Sleeping has become more then challenging....I'm either up to pee...NOW!!!! or I'm hot/uncomfy, or I'm experiencing a run of ctrx that have me "breathing" for hours. Oddly I'm still not very grumpy during the day, my fuse is short but for the most part I'm a pretty happy mama. I've taken up knitting, partly to pass the time, partly to keep me off the computer. I'm loving it!!! I'm knitting a wool soaker that is looking FAB!! I'm pretty impressed considering I've only ever knitted a "scarf" that ended up as a blanky for DD's doll. Now if this baby stays in I'll get it done, if not I guess it'll be set aside for a while. I'm not sure what I'm rooting for.
I think the only other thing thats driving me a bit nuts is wondering if every set of cntrx is IT. A wonder if today will be the day every day a few times a day, ah well, at least I have my knitting......and baking, did I mention I'm baking A LOT.....yummm, and eating A LOT!!!! Gotta make up for those lbs I lost during the tummy flu
Dh is convinced I'll give birth near the full moon (7th), which is my birthing trend. That'll put me near 42.5 weeks and will officially be my longest pregnancy. We'll see, maybe I'll post tomorrow with a birth announcment.....
Old 10-01-2006, 04:25 AM

Maybe this isn't the best thread to talk about my friend who went 45.5 weeks with her last baby?

Old 10-01-2006, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Maybe this isn't the best thread to talk about my friend who went 45.5 weeks with her last baby?

um. no. LOL

Old 10-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Abso-smurfly-not

ETA: and thank you everyone for the well wishes on my VBAC. I hope it goes as well as I anticipate it will. I've gained back a lot of faith in my body over the last few months and I feel I can really do this
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM

I am 36 or so weeks now. Lost my mucus plug with some "bloody show" at 33 1/2 weeks, but other than bh's and the usual burst of energy then exhaustion, also, extreme grouchyness towards dh , no news here.
my daughter was born at 38 weeks while with my son, I had some minor spotting at 34 weeks so convinced myself he would be early....he was born at 40 weeks 4 days. so this time, I am trying to relax about the due date thing, and have faith that the baby will come when he/she is ready.....
am also planning a vbac after 2 c/s and am trying to remain focused on a positive birth (whatever birth I happen to have).
is anyone else eating like crazy then not feeling hungry for a long while? I crave chocolate which the midwife says may be a sign I need protein? anyone else heard this?

User Tag List