Here's the scoop:
I'm 39 weeks. I've been contracting for weeks, but it's generally unproductive BH contractions. I've been dilated to 2cm, not effaced, soft, posterior cervix for three weeks.
Saturday afternoon I started contractions. They became quite painful, closer together and kept me awake all but three hours of the night. By 9am they were 3 minutes apart and 1 minute in length. I thougth 'this might be it!'. I called my sister to watch the boys and dh and I went to the hospital.
By the time we got there my contractions had slowed and become more sporadic again - between 4 and 7 minutes. They checked my cervix: After 21 hours of painful contractions, absolutely no change
I went home feeling tired and frustrated.
I went to the doctor's today and she did a cervical check. Big surprise: No change from the appointment last week (which I already knew, based on having been checked the day before).
I'm a VBAC, which I've been very excited about. However, part of the hospital's guidelines for VBACs is that I have to go into labour naturally and that it will not be augmented with any drugs (Pitocin, Cervadril, etc). Wise choice, but it means either I go on my own or I have a cesarean. There's no in between.
I see my doctor on the 10th. If I don't go into labour before then, she's offered to strip my membranes. If that doesn't work it looks like we'll be scheduling a cesarean
I know my due date is still a week off, but I'm feeling so hopeless right now and let down by my body. I've worked SO hard to get this VBAC and be positive and keep everyone else around me positive (my mother has been a naysayer from the getgo - I don't know if I'll be able to deal with 'See? You should have had a c-section right from the start and avoided all this stress'. UGH!) Also, both his big brothers (born a week and two weeks prior to their due dates) weighed over 10lbs. I'm a bit nervous about him waiting around longer than he already has, as ridiculous as that sounds (and I know it sounds ridiculous and it *IS* ridiculous, it's just how I feel right now).
I guess I just need encouraging words, hugs and advice if you have any. I *REALLY* want this little one to come on his own.