Anyone else being accused of snoring? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone else is keeping their DH awake with snoring?! My poor hubbie hasn't slept good in a month.....between me waking up to go to the bathroom 3 times a night and the snoring in between...

He was talking to an anesthesiologist the other day and found out that pregnant women can get "esophageal edema"--so not only are my feet swollen but so is my throat!!!! Just what I needed to know .

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
spu

YES!!!!
DH has been sleeping on the futon in the other room with the door closed, and he can still hear me. (though, I try to convince him it's our dog snoring, not me!) I can tell when I go to bed that it's going to be a loud night, even with a breathright strip... I'm sure it's all the extra fluid. Drives me crazy too.

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:11 PM

And how!!! I'm in competition with DH who sounds much like a chainsaw when he's sleeping. I keep reminding him, at least my snoring is temporary!!!!
With my last pregnancy, it was so bad he bought me those breathe right strips, but they didn't work.
I don't wake myself up, so I can't be snoring too loud at all, can I?!?!?!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:10 PM

I wouldn't know. His snoring is enough to keep me up enough so that I can't get to sleep long enough to test that out :P lol

He was talking about getting the breathe right strips but now I will say not to bother since they don't work apparently lol
Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 PM

I am going to show my BF this post to show him that I'm not the only one!! I've always been a snorer but during this pregnancy it has been downright aweful. I;ve even woken myself up a few times. He has to fall asleep before me or it's a long night on the couch for him. Everytime I wake up for a pee-break in the middle of the night my throat is so dry and the inside of my top lip is permanently cracked. We bought a cool-mist humidifier for the bedroom but I don't know how much it is helping in the snoring dept. It has improved my dry skin though!!

I wouldn't feel so bad if he was snorer too but he only does that when he drinks, and he quit when I had to quit.

The things they have to put up with when we're pregnant huh lol.

\m/

Old 10-03-2006, 01:30 PM

My ds sleeps w/ us and last night all the sudden he sat up and said "mom what was that loud noise" umm it was me snoring.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 10-03-2006, 03:04 PM

I need to show Dh this thread as well! He needs to fall asleep before I do, but he doesn't move to another room if I wake him up snoring. He snores himself but apparently not as bad as I do. I've woken myself up a few times. The breathing strips didn't work for me either. He sometimes wakes me up and says "you're snoring, turn over". And I do but then I just start to snore facing away from him...not sure how helpful that really is?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM

I've had a bad cold the past week, so apparently I've been snoring pretty loud. DH actually uses breath rights on a regular basis because he has a deviated septum and they work wonders for him. But if your nose is stuffed up, they aren't going to change that, unfortunately.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:58 PM

Ummm, yeah, that is what dh is claiming that I snore like a "buzz saw". What a nice way to refer to the mother of your children, huh? Really, I'm sure it is true and I feel bad for him, but there's really nothing I can do about it. Glad to hear I'm not alone!

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

Old 10-03-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamama View Post
I've had a bad cold the past week, so apparently I've been snoring pretty loud. DH actually uses breath rights on a regular basis because he has a deviated septum and they work wonders for him. But if your nose is stuffed up, they aren't going to change that, unfortunately.

My dh has a deviated septum as well so maybe the strips would work for him afterall. I'm glad you said this I get so annoyed at him cause he falls asleep so fast and then I can't go to sleep. I end up elbowing him with the hopes he will stop long enough for me to doze. lol He has some FUNKY snores too. LIke blowing air. :

User Tag List