Not sure what's happening... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started having contractions this morning at about 4 am. They woke me up. They were completely unlike any bh or anything I have felt throughout my preg and are somewhat painful. The were happening every 10 minutes for awhile, so we got up and started keeping track, then they slowed and I went back to bed. Not sure what to do? This could go on for days, and if so I feel like I should go to work!?
#2 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 11:14 AM

From experience (I'm the prodromal labour queen with this and my previous pregnancy!) I would go about your day the best you can. Pace yourself and make sure you can get out of whatever you're doing if the contractions progress. But I find the best thing I can do for myself is to try not to think about them too much (easier said than done, let me tell you!) and get on about my day. You'll know when it's time, as you won't be able to do much beyond dealing with the contractions.

Best of luck, mama! I hope this is it for you
#3 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 12:01 PM

I agree, do your best to just go about your day. When the baby is ready to come, the ctx won't go away. But don't get discouraged either, what you experienced last night did do something to help get you ready. I get them at night too, that wake me up and I do my best to go back to sleep. It worked most of last night except from 3-5. Things are starting!!
#4 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Another "agreer" to going about your day. You won't be able to ignore real labor nor will you bother timing those ctx, kwim. Have a good day!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#5 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 03:09 PM

Personally, I would not go to work...I did that with my first labor and now realize that I should have just gone about my normal activities at home while getting some rest if possible for later on...
Maybe you can cut your workday short and go home for some rest?

Good luck!
#6 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

I went to work at 1:00 p.m. after having been checked by MW...only dilated 1 cm. Still having contractions, but they are not getting longer, stronger or closer together.
#7 of 7 Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 PM

Hang in there. You'll know when they start getting closer together and more intense. Go cook some last minute meals, if you can!

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page