'roids now?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else ever get these before birth?
now I'm not in such a hurry to deliver...

i just got some witch hazel pads and some stuff for more fiber...any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 10:02 PM

Girl, I have no good suggestions but just know that I feel your pain - literally! I got them after I had quit taking my fiber supplement since I was having 3-4 BMs a day that were real, uh, soft (sorry if TMI!); so now I've begun the fiber again and the ones I have are receding but not fast enough! I'm scared to push now since I ALREADY have roids!

Solidarity, sister!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:16 PM

I'm so feeling your pain. Knock on wood, but the huge one I've been dealing with for 3 days seems to be leaving my @ss ...this is after I had another smaller one the 3 days prior...
I didn't have them pre-delivery last time and I'm so remembering all the after birth pain right about now...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 PM

i've got them (and have had them since 20 weeks ) too and it is soooo painful to sit, lay, or stand up.

my mom got me a sitz (sp?) bath thingy that helped a little, but other than that, only time will make them go away..
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 PM

I am feeling the pain as well. Truthfully, the ONLY thing positive about this c/s thing is that the 'roids won't get worse this time. After birth I had one the size of a lemon. Yup, not exaggerating here. The doc said it was the worst she had EVER seen. I can't remember who posted this remedy in our earlier discussion on this topic, but try the ice wrapped in the witch hazel soaked cloth. 3 times a day for 5- 10 minutes. Plus try to take a warm, but not hot bath at least once a day. That helped with the pain, but only surgery will take mine away completely. It was just too much to recede all the way on it's own. I am waiting until I am sure I am done with childbearing. This usually runs in families, and my mom had to have it done twice because she didn't wait. Oh, and I use a lotion by J/A/S/O/N called Witch Vera. It works great!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 AM

I have a small one too... I believe I heard that Prep H is ok during pregnancy, anyway that is what I'm using. I don't have time to mess around here since I'm now "overdue" and I don't want to risk them growing after the birth.

Do they normally get much bigger after birth?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

i took a nice kind-of-sitz bath last night and have been putting some skin conditioning oil on the area, plus upping my fiber and i actually feel much better! so there is hope! I know I will get them after birth as I did last time too but at least I know it will be ok...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM

ok, can i just say that mine has (have? i think it's just one though) been flippin bleeding for two days now? and it flippin HURTS!! my mom suggested sitting on an ice pack, and this evening i actually did sit on a gel freezer pack... i am SO ready to meet my son! more prelabor ctx and now this roid business, ai yi yi!! :

i did not have this much discomfort after giving birth last time - from roids anyway!

User Tag List