I had the weirdest dream last night! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was in the hospital, taking a bath while in labour.

Suddenly, I could see the contours of two tiny hands and a face coming out of my lower stomach. The hands grabbed my finger and brought them to where the mouth would be on the face and started sucking. For some reason I thought this was really cute, not weird :P

I woke up at my home sometime later and was handed a baby girl instead of the boy I was expecting. She was supposed to be 10lbs 3oz and everyone was going on about how cute and little she was. Except she was about the size of a toddler, could walk and had most of her teeth. We named her Olivia and she toddled around to greet everyone. :

The only thing I could think of was 'What am I going to do with all those blue clothes?'

I think I may have a bit of anxiety over this baby being a bit too big and possibly not the gender we saw on the ultrasound. Just a guess! haha

Anyone else having funky, pre-birth dreams?
#2 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

Tons! I can't remember any right now. DH always has weird dreams as we near the due date, as well. His are anxiety driven, he dreams he'll roll over and squish the baby... poor guy.
#3 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 AM

I dreamed last night that I spent the night in the hospital with prodromal labor. Contractions were strong when I got there but weakened over the course of the night and were gone in the morning. Joy!

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#4 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 PM

I had an amusing dream about a week or so ago that the midwives told me my baby had 12 toes on each foot and that the reason was because I was touching my stomach too much and this promoted "too much" growth. ha!
#5 of 5 Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 PM

A few nights ago I dreamed I went to my cousin's house for a visit (I live in VA and she lives in AZ!) and I went into labor and had my baby there! Somehow my midwife was there, at least. lol But most surprising of all was that the baby turned out to be a girl! The ultrasound tech was confident we're having a boy, and even my dh, mom, and I saw the penis, though for such a short amount of time I wasn't sure of what I was seeing, AND I had a boy dream long before having the ultrasound... so I feel it's right. However, I have refused to get rid of my girl baby clothes yet--even though I've had several opportunities to sell them or pass them on--just in case! And I have received a lot of hand-me-down boy clothes! So I guess even though I'm calling my son by name, I'm harboring some fear of it being a mistake.

Another weird thing in the dream was that I kept forgetting where I put my baby! In the morning after giving birth, in the dream, I woke up and couldn't remember where I put her to sleep. Very unrealistic, since I will be holding him all the time practically, and we will be sleeping right next to one another.

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page