Welcoming Inshallah!!! UPDATE! Pics and birth story on post #29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Noah Issac Inshallah was born October 3rd at 5:30pm. He is 7lbs 9oz, sweet and smelling sooooo good!!

My birthing experince was wild, the most intense birth yet! I'll post pic's and more info when I have time,,,,,,now I must go smooch my little man, I can't get enough!!!!

Birth story and pics on post #29
#2 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 05:05 PM

CONGRATULATIONS on your new arrival! How wonderful! Welcome to the world little man.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#3 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 05:17 PM

Awwww... C on g r a t u l a t i o n s !

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#4 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 05:24 PM

Aw! littleteapot's baby & yours share a birthday!
Welcome to the world!
CONGRATS mama!

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#5 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome Noah Issac Inshallah!!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#6 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 05:50 PM

Congratulations! Happy Birthday Noah!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#7 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 06:23 PM

Yeah! Congrats enjoy hugging on that little one. Cant wait to see some pics

Michele
#8 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM

: Congratulations! can't wait to see some pics
#9 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy your babymoon. Can't wait to see pictures!
#10 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Congratulations, mama! I can't wait to hear the story and see pictures of your undoubtedly gorgeous little one!
#11 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about the wild birth. Enjoy your babymoon

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#12 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 08:05 PM

Welcome Noah!!!!
And congratulations Mama...can't wait to hear the 'wild' birth story
#13 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics and hear about the birth
#14 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Congrats!!! I would love to see pics and read your birth story
#15 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 09:20 PM

congratulations to you and little noah!!!
#16 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM

Congratulations and welcome to Noah! I can't wait to see pictures!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#17 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Noah! I can't wait to see pictures!
:
#18 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 PM

Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing pics too!
#19 of 34 Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 PM

Congrats! I can't wait to see pics and hear your story.
#20 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 05:47 AM

CONGRATULATIONS! : , Noah!
#21 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 PM

congrats!

enjoy your babymoon!!!
#22 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM

Congratulations on your wild ride and new baby boy. Can't wait to read stories and for pictures. Good job mama!!!

\m/

#23 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 PM

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics!
#24 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 04:33 PM

AWE! Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear the whole story!
#25 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM

Congratulations!!!

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#26 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 06:50 PM

You sound so in love and excited -- I'm so happy for you!!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#27 of 34 Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM

Congratulations!! Welcome, Noah!!
#28 of 34 Old 10-06-2006, 10:11 AM

Awww...congratulations! I can't wait to get more of an update!
#29 of 34 Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

October 2nd was my husband, Adam's birthday. I was soooooo emotional all day and set everyone to work baking and cleaning. Eden said she was sure the baby was coming because I was acting all crazy......lolol, she was right!!! I went to bed around 10:00pm, feeling the enery shifting in my body. I feel asleep right away ans sleep deeply until 1 am. I lay in bed for a while, feeling the rushes of energy gain strength and momentum. I decided to get up and go to the washroom. I walked upstairs and turned on the light just as I felt something roll down my leg. Sure enough there was a trail of bloody show and my plug. I was filled with excitment as I cleaned myself up. I put on the kettle for some RRleaf tea and went downstairs to wake DH. (2 am) We came upstairs and prepared our space for birth. We lit candles/incense, set our CD player with 5 hours of laboring music, laid out plastic sheets/blankets/towels. We were having so much fun together!! Once all was ready to go we snuggled down to rest and connect. My contractions were strong enough to demand all of my attention and in between I felt wonderful. Adam massaged my back/hips/legs/yoni with arnica oil. It was so heavenly to connect with him in such a tantric, passionate way during these intense rushes of energy, I could feel myself opening for this sweet babe.

Around 6am we decided to wake Eden ( so that we could have some time with her before the other children woke up. She was beaming and went to clip her nails and wash her hands right away. She rubbed my back and giggled with excitment as I vocalized through contractions. Willow and Alden woke around 7 and joined us in our birthing rhythm. I would stand with my hands around Adams neck and we would dance, he held me up when I was carried away with the intensity of opening and we would laugh when it subsided. After about an hour I decide to get in the tub. My contractions were getting more intense but they seemed to be getting farther apart. I though maybe the shift would help me to relax and open even more.
When I was in the tub I checked my cervix (8am~ish). I was about 9cm and could feel the bag of fluids the lay between my hand and Noahs head. It was an amazing sensation!! I stayed in the bath for awhile but my contractions were about 15 minutes apart......intense!!!! but far apart. I though maybe this was the lull before the urge to push. I decided to get out of the tub as I though it might be slowing things down. My contractions became even more intense, lasting over a minute and rolling me over and away. Adam held me up or rubbed my back or breathed, forhead to forhead with me. We were having such a good time together, feeling the birth nearing. It was so odd to me that I was so grounded and able to chat and laugh in between. We felt like we were having a party, the kids were excited and playing, connecting with me when the felt, carrying on with the rhythm of the day. It was such a beautiful, natural time for our family. I felt so bonded with them all.

After about 2 hours my contractions were more intense then I had ever experienced, even with my 1 hour labor, which until now had been the most powerful thing I had ever felt. They were 5~15 minutes apart (ish). Noah was floating posterior and would turn sidways...back and forth, nestling his head into my hip. Adam called our homepath to confirm that pullsitilla was the appropriate remedy to encourage him to turn and get things going again. I took a dose (11am~ish). My contraction became more regular within 15 minutes, there intensity grew. Noah didn't turn and soon my hips and back became overwhelmed with pain. We were excited as things seemed to be moving again. Knowing it wouldn't be long before our child was born made it so much easier to cope.
By 2pm Noah still hadn't engaged (ctrx every 5 min`ish). We had tried many positions to encourage him to shift but nothing was effective. I was beginning to feel discouraged, this was more difficult then anything I had been through in my life, it challenged every fiber of my being. I decided to take another dose of Pullsitilla. I checked myself again and was still 9cm. The contraction became closer together (3~5min)

By 4:30pm I was feeling lost. The pain in my hips was overwhelming, my contractions were shaking my body, lasting 1-2 minutes. At this point I had been 9cm for 8.5 hours and had made no progress. Noah was floating, not responding to any position change. I was doubting my ability to cope, not my ability to birth, I had faith that my body was fully capable of that. It was my ability to handle this, my ability to feel myself, to remain consious. I could feel the need for a shift, I need to change something. I wished there were someone who could come and affirm for me, help me move my body so that he could decend. I told Adam I wasn't sure I could handle this. He encouraged me, told me he had complete faith in my body and my intuition. What ever I felt I needed to do he would support.

I decided to go to the hospital. I needed something to shift so that I could birth my baby and everything was telling me that going would do it. We called a friend to watch the younger 2 kids. Eden, Adam and I loaded into the truck. I had to climb up into it and sit in a funky position....my contractions began to pile, no more then a minutes break in between. Then 10 minute drive was epic!!! I could feel Noah shifting. As I went to climb out I contracted and he began to lower into my pelvis....Adam caught me as I was thrown with the intensity. We went in, they were expecting us as we had called our doc to meet us there. (5:20 pm) I couldn't get more the 10 ft btween contractions. They asked us how far along I was, Adam said I had been 9cm for 9 hours. They asked who checked me, he said we did....they were a bit confused!! We get into the room and doc checks me....she's fully...mad scramble to prepare for birth.....my water bag explodes as Noahs head engages. they ask me to try and hold back while they get stuff ready.....yeah right!! I will catch him anyway, but at this point there is no option, my body is pushing him out. I tell them he's coming as my body completely takes over. He emerges in one huge rush of energy!!! I lift him to my chest. He is born!!!! It is 5:30pm, we have been there for 10 minutes! We ask them to leave the cord, decline oxytocin, vit K, eye drops etc. We ask for blankets and gently insist he doesn't need to be swaddled, rather left skin to skin. They are supportive and totally okay with our gentle, firm choices. Adam gives me motherwort tincture and arnica. I barley bleed, no tear. Our doc is great, he doesn't understand why we came so I explain our story. He is excited for us, and that he was able to take part in such an amazing birth. The nurses are stunned by the medical lingo going on between us....What??? An educated family??? ..We leave within 2 hours, floating on a cloud with sweet Noah in my arms.

Our birth was not what I expected......I am humbled by the beauty and power of it! Noah is amazing, I am in awe that he is here, in awe that our family has grown~~~~~ Inshallah!!

I have healed amazingly well and feel wonderful. Adam prepared the placenta and I have been taking some 3x a day. Our babymoon is so wonderful. We are all falling in love, noy just with Noah but with one another aswell. I feel so blessed by all of this, so honoured to be a part of this amazing circle of life. And here we are, closer now then ever.

~photos of Noahs birth and first day of life outside Mama~
http://invite.filmloop.com/x?Ep44ihC...iIpVCpIU2Wy7dh
#30 of 34 Old 10-07-2006, 05:52 PM

What an amazing birth story! And you have such a beautiful family! Congratulations!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page