Sleep? What's that... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sooo tired. I have not been able to sleep for nearly a week now...I go to bed and fall asleep for maybe an hour, then I'm up. Flip ad flop, can't get comfortable, nearly wide awake. Contracting some, usually enough for me to decide that if it happens one more time, I'll start timing...then they stop. Not hard, just enough to make me constantly feel as though I have to pee. (TMI, sorry...) If I lay down for a catnap when I get home, I'm too fidgety to relax and snooze. I go to be at the same time every night and get up at the same time every am and no caffeine for me...

And now I'm at work and can barely function. And it's two more days until Saturday and I don't have to be here:

Anyone else in this boat?
#2 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 07:07 PM

Zzzzzzz..yeah I can relate. I use to love my bed, now I don't. Last night I went to bed at 10:00 and by 1:00 I had already gone to the bathroom 4X!!! The was up from 3-5. Sometimes I am having ctx, mostly crampy ones but nothing to count. If I nap at all during the day, which I usually can't, but if I do I can't sleep until midnight. I sleep in 45 minute intervals. I guess I am getting ready for baby, but it's just so boring at night. I just lay there and look at my husband with envy.... Thank god they rerun the Tonight Show at 3!
#3 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 PM

I work from 5pm-11pm get home around 11:30pm and have to get up by 6am to get my girls ready for school. It wouldn't be so bad if I could sleep from 12 or so until the morning but no!, peeing every hour, the burning killing heartburn I get from my prenatals, not being able to sleep on my stomach and being so wired up from work when I get home... It's just not working. I wish I could have a lot of wine snd then I could go to sleep on my stomach in a cool room with really good comforter and fat pillows...
#4 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM

I know. Everyone keeps talking about how I should enjoy the last weeks (weeks???? LOL ) of pregnancy before I will have sleepless nights. Um, I am looking FORWARD to all the sleep I will get AFTER baby is here. ROFL. Shoot... I already sleep like crap. I know I will get much more sleep without peeing, and the heartburn and the BELLY in the way. I won't have to worry about try to stay on my left side to get baby to move. Baby will be here with me and I can sleep soundly with a boob in his mouth lol

Oh and I know what you mean about looking at dh with envy. I actually got up in a huff the other night after listening to him snoring soundly. I said "Nice. Glad someone is getting sleep" and came to the puter with some tea Mature huh? LOL
#5 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby3rddaughter View Post
I could go to sleep on my stomach in a cool room with really good comforter and fat pillows...
I remember doing that....before I got fat and leaked milk when I slept...

At this point I don't even remember what my ankles look like. Let alone my tummy....

I guess I'm in good company...now I understand why women let themselves get induced!

I won't go that far though...yet.

...give me another month though and I might consider it!
#6 of 8 Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 PM

I'm right there with all of you. The peeing, the heartburn and being uncomfortable lying on one side for too long and having to turn over (which is an ordeal in itself). I am a stomach sleeper and I SO miss sleeping on my stomach. Or just not even having to think about my sleeping position at all! I have insomnia, and don't seem to sleep more than 3 of 4 hours at a time. I definitely feel like I'll sleep better AFTER baby arrives!!
#7 of 8 Old 10-05-2006, 03:19 AM

In the same boat here! Im in so much pain I cant sleep for more than a half hour without having to move around to stop the pain radiating from my legs and hips and back. That and my husband attempting to get happy time as much as possible and my 10 month old up all hours of the night getting 2 more teeth. I just cant wait to have the baby so I have 2 days in the hospital to sleep by myself without my husband or kids up my butt all night :
#8 of 8 Old 10-05-2006, 05:16 AM

I am right there with you ladies - sigh...uncofy and a major insomniac! It is after 3am here and I am washing diapers and posting on MDC! I hear dh and dd in the next room snoring away (like father, like daughter...ha ha...) YAWN...:yawning:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page