Tomorrow is the Big Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomorrow is baby day! My c/s has been confirmed for tomorrow morning, and I have to say I am less than thrilled. I didn't want to give up the vaginal delivery, but I went in for a final exam yesterday, and the prognosis was not good. Not only have they flipped (AGAIN!) but baby B is now transverse, and partially blocking Baby A. They are truly jammed in there now, and I have noticed decreased movement in the past 48 hours. Being only 5'1" and having nearly 15lbs of baby in there, means likely no more room to manuever. Also My BP is now up to 136/90 and my proteinuria is getting, "slightly worse". That means I am stating to show signs of developing pre-e, but it is not serious enough yet, to consider it an emergency. If there was any shot at going into labor on my own, before either my sugar, or the pre-e got me, that was shot down too. Despite constant cntx for weeks, I am 0cm, not the least bit effaced, and not a chance of baby engaging anytime soon. They didn't bother with another lung functon check. We know they can breathe, so it is just full speed ahead for tomorrow.
I was able to speak with the L&D nurses yesterday, and I was relieved to find out that A) due to size and length of gestation they will do ALL postnatal testing in the OR right in front of me, and unless they have issues, they B) will go to recovery on the gurney WITH ME!!! Not only that, but since I have stated I am EBF, they will assist me with nursing ON THE TABLE if I can at all manage it. Otherwise they will wait until I am in recovery to help out. This is so different from the nightmare scenario of my babies being taken away for hours that I imagined. I was also relieved to find out I will not have to leave L&D to go to a general recovery room. I will be right next door to the other delivering mothers, and I will be allowed to have my birth team come in to recovery. I was really dreading being left alone.
I also got permission to eat up until 4am due to my gestational diabetes. My DH is going to get up at 3:30am and cook me breakfast. Isn't that sweet. It will be like when DD was born and I went to the hospital that early! I just hope I get some sleep tonight.

Thanks to everyone that has sent their well wishes. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to get back on line next week and read all about the babies that arrived while I was gone. Happy Laboring vibes to all of you this weekend!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#2 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Awww, you've done your best. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery! At least you'll get to meet your sweet babes tomorrow!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#3 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
I was relieved to find out that A) due to size and length of gestation they will do ALL postnatal testing in the OR right in front of me, and unless they have issues, they B) will go to recovery on the gurney WITH ME!!! Not only that, but since I have stated I am EBF, they will assist me with nursing ON THE TABLE if I can at all manage it. My DH is going to get up at 3:30am and cook me breakfast. Isn't that sweet.
I'm glad they are being so helpful! It must be a huge relief to know they'll help you right off the starting block. Good luck and I hope everyone comes out good and strong and ready to eat!
#4 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM

it is good to hear that you've managed to find positive in a less than ideal situation....you've done so well so far mama!!! stay strong and focused on the end result....your healthy babies!!!!
#5 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:42 PM

I'm so excited for you. There are times (like in yours) when technology can be a good thing. I'm happy that they are trying to support you in meeting some of your breastfeeding and bonding goals. Just think - you'll have your arms full of wiggling babies tomorrow! I can't wait to read how it goes. I know it will be a special time for you. Send pics!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#6 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 12:46 PM

Oh I am so sorry about your c/s Jody. I know you and your babies will do fine, you have come so far. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery and good nursing, too. That is very exciting and positive news about them doing the tests right there and letting you have the babes right away!!! That's terrific. Can't believe the time is here already, you know? Very surreal!

It looks like I may be following right in your footsteps with the c/s as the babies can't get head down for me either. I will look forward, with much anticipation, for your next post to see how it all went!!! So excitied for you...good luck, Paige
#7 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Mamajody -- Best wishes to you! I know the c/s was not what you wanted but really it sounds like it is going to be a positive experience in terms of the great support you are getting and care after. Basically it sounds like it is going to be the best it can be. And the VERY best part is that now you'll get to meet your little guys! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about them and see pictures. Happy birthing and welcome baby boys!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#8 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 01:11 PM

I'm sorry your babies' births won't be exactly how you wanted but I am glad the staff is working with you to make it the best for you and your sweet little ones!!! I will be thinking about you and the babies tomorrow. How exciting you are so close to having them in your arms!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#9 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 PM

It sounds like an all around great scenario. I am so happy that so much of what you had hoped for will happen and how unlikely that which you feared is. We'll be thinking of you and eager to hear all about the little ones!
#10 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 01:57 PM

Jody~
I was thinking about you at 4am this morning...hoping things had changed as I know how much you desire a vaginal birth. However, I am so glad you have been able to get the answers you want regarding the c/s from the nurses and will have the best possible scenario considering the situation.

You have done such an amazing job with the GD diet and all of your extra dr. visits. I think about your strength when I get tired of going to my standard monthly and now weekly visits because I know you have been bombarded with so many more checks...especially with a toddler!! You are Super Mama!

I am so excited to hear about your beautiful boys! I'll light a candle for you tomorrow morning and will be wishing for a smooth delivery and a quick recovery. I have appreciated hearing your story along the way and receiving support from you! Let us know how it went when you get the chance!

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

#11 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 02:19 PM

Happy early birthday to your babes! How exciting that you will be snuggling them in your arms at this time tomorrow, Mama! I will light a candle for you tomorrow morning! Can't wait ot see pictures!!!
#12 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM

Jody, congratulations in advance! I am sorry that you will not get your vaginal delivery. But it IS wonderful that you will be able to bond with your babies the way you want to!

Sending you peaceful and easy delivery vibes!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#13 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Congratulations!! I hope everything goes smoothly!
#14 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 03:43 PM

Best Wishes Jody

Michele
#15 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

It is so exciting that you will have your babies in arms tomorrow! I wish you a speedy recovery. You did great carrying them this far! It is sad that you didn't get the birth you want and deserve to have. But fantastic that the option is available to you when you needed it. I'll be praying for you tonight.
#16 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 04:30 PM

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow mama! have a speedy recovery and can't wait to meet your babies!!
#17 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 PM

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Happy early birth day to the babes!
#18 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Good luck!!!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#19 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 07:27 PM

It sounds like you have a good situation going on...in the midst of a birth that will not be quite what you wanted. I am so glad you asked all those questions and got the answers you want. NOW! Just make sure you have good birth support so that they abide by your requests and don't change things midstream on you.

I will be thinking of you and your family and little ones! Can't wait to see pictures of those sweet boys!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#20 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 09:22 PM

Blessings to you Jody & babies A & B.

You will be in my thoughts & prayers.
#21 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 09:51 PM

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!
#22 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Well it is the 6th here Jody! I'm thinking of you and your precious babies!
#23 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 10:46 PM

good luck tomorrow, mamajody. it sounds like you are making the best out of the situation and have a great attitude. soon you'll be holding your sweet little babes!!
#24 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 PM

Sending you beautiful birthing vibes. My cesarean was actually very positive, overall. While I don't want to a repeat C without good cause, I must say that I was left with a feeling of empowerment and joy, even though it wasn't the birth I had been hoping for.

If you ever need to talk about things I'm always here. Just some girl on the internet, but feel free to take me up on it any time
#25 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 AM

Wishes for a safe & gentle delivery & speedy recovery...

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#26 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 09:09 AM

Wishing you all the best. Congratulations on welcoming your babies today!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#27 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 AM

I'm hoping all is going well--you probably have two robust little baby boys right now! Wishing you a speedy recovery and wonderful bonding time with the babes.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#28 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 AM

Thinking of you and hoping all is well with you and your little babies!
#29 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 10:16 AM

Jody! The health of you and those beautiful babies is the most important thing. I'll be thinking of you all morning and I can't wait to hear your beautiful birth story!
#30 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

Anyone know how it went?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page