Help! My attitude just tanked! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-07-2006, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, it's probably the hormones, but I just had a minor breakdown about how "easy" my sister-in-law's birth was (today, twins, epidural) and how hard my first natural birth was. I'm mired in self-doubt and am wondering if I've lost my mind. What am I thinking - why do this naturally when I could feel no pain? Anyone up for a pep-talk??

Mama to Sophia (2/25/04) , Oliver (10/24/06) , and Norah (3/2/10).
#2 of 8 Old 10-07-2006, 11:52 PM

I some days feel the same way. So I can understand, I sometimes wonder why I enjoy (yeah right) going through the painful parts, when everyone gets their cute babe in the end. I usually feel that way when I am overtired or sick, or have tons of braxton hicks. Honestly mostly if I am a little sick or too tired.

But here's the pep talk. You are giving a GIFT to your baby that no one else can give. Your baby can completely trust you to keep them safe from drugs they don't need. Your recovery will be faster than hers, and your baby will be more alert.

I love to think of it as the very first and most important GIFT your baby will ever receive, a natural, safe birth.
#3 of 8 Old 10-07-2006, 11:52 PM

Think intervention many times leads to more interventions risking you and the baby.

Think we are Made to birth and we are capable...

We can do it and men cant

the wonderful natural hormones our bodies produce.

the hardwork and the wonderful beautiful gift we receive

No need to worry about side effects

the effects many meds can have on baby and many meds that are not even really for labor however they are able to give anyway.

Look forward to the breaks in between contractions and think your baby is closer to arriving every rush you feel.

when you can feel and your baby can feel baby benefits from the natural hymelic manuever they recieve on the way out.

you can feel your baby being born and that great feeling when they slip out the second they come out.

YOUR baby comes out DRUG FREE!!!!!!! And you do not have to worry about any of the after effects whether it be from the preservatives etc.

What goes in you DOES go to baby..... i dont really believe in the protective barrier of the plancenta or whatever who ha the Drs say.

Remember Drs say drugs for labor are safe however why do they have women practically sign giving up rights if they die during labor from side effects.

Michele
#4 of 8 Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Banned

: to pp's , not to mention the risks, what if labor slows/stops because of an epi and you end up sectioned? What if you have a complication, like the headache that makes your babymooning awful? I haven't had a natural birth yet, so I can't even imagine what your first birth was like. But I have had unnatural birth culminating in section that still pains me over two years later. I say she was very lucky!
#5 of 8 Old 10-08-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
But I have had unnatural birth culminating in section that still pains me over two years later. I say she was very lucky!

Michele
#6 of 8 Old 10-08-2006, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas

Mama to Sophia (2/25/04) , Oliver (10/24/06) , and Norah (3/2/10).
#7 of 8 Old 10-08-2006, 02:38 AM

The pps have said it all...I just want to give you a big YOU CAN DO IT!!!
#8 of 8 Old 10-08-2006, 12:19 PM

Ok--many with Epi's wouldn't understand this...they think they feel empowered and like they accomplished a great feat after giving birth (and they have, don't get me wrong--women birthing babies is a great feat for anyone!)
However, when doing it completely natural, and letting your body complete the cycle without intervention is not only best for mom and baby, but it is TRULY empowering--that your body is THAT powerful.
Again--not to discount mamas who birthed with drugs or intervention--just to say that if you are going natural, it will propel you to an amazingly high plane!

Good luck mama--we know you can do it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page