anyone due on the 11th? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-08-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't seem to recall from last time, but are your baby's movements really sparse now? I just get a few squirms now and then. No idea if I'm dilated or not, the birth center doesn't believe in checking & getting your hopes up. Good luck this week mamas & congrats to new mamas & babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM

Well I'm not due on the 11th but I don't think you really need to find someone with the exact day since pregnancies differ so much anyway I have heard that baby slows down at the end for some people. My baby has an insane amount of room though and is posterior so I feel movement like constantly.

I do know it's normal for it to slow though
Crystal
#3 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 01:22 AM

I'm overdue, but my baby's movements aren't less exactly rather than slower. He used to be more jumpy and now he just sort of rolls about. And rather than kick, he likes to stretch his foot out my side as far as he can! It's so bizarre.
#4 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamama View Post
I'm overdue, but my baby's movements aren't less exactly rather than slower. He used to be more jumpy and now he just sort of rolls about. And rather than kick, he likes to stretch his foot out my side as far as he can! It's so bizarre.
haha that's what my guy does too!

In fact it gets so uncomfy when he pushes out his butt on my right side while his feet are pushing out of my left side. Looks kinda odd too! LOL My guy has tons of room to stretch out that he doesn't have to squish up his legs or anything. Midwife says I have a lot of fluid and my uterus is all stretched out from 3 births already lol
#5 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 01:46 AM

My stomach feels like a rock most of the day

I feel more stretches however lately getting poking in my cervix that makes me jump

Michele
#6 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhopelove View Post
haha that's what my guy does too!

In fact it gets so uncomfy when he pushes out his butt on my right side while his feet are pushing out of my left side. Looks kinda odd too!

Thats the craziest feeling and sight i have ever seen or felt. Even my other kids are like - Mommy, that looks funny!-

But i too have had 4 other kids so theres plenty of room for him to move around. But The last week or so, its normal for movement to slow down. It doesnt happen with everyone, but its not a problem if it does. Only a problem if they dont move it all after awhile or after trying certain activities. Then its time to call you MW or provider.
#7 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 02:29 AM

I remember the cervix pokes with my other kids. Makes you jump off your seat and it doesn't feel very good! This one hasn't really done that all that much. It's mostly big stretches to the side. I mean, we were able to grab and hold his foot in place last week cause it was sticking out so far lol
#8 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 05:11 AM

Quote:
. I mean, we were able to grab and hold his foot in place last week cause it was sticking out so far lol
I had a dream the other night that i did that... i guess he was doing it while i was sleeping lol... Did you take a picture? I know some women take pictures of that when they stick out so far, because it looks so great to see that... Im too chubbs from the other kids otherwise i would have myself
#9 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty's_wifey View Post
I had a dream the other night that i did that... i guess he was doing it while i was sleeping lol... Did you take a picture? I know some women take pictures of that when they stick out so far, because it looks so great to see that... Im too chubbs from the other kids otherwise i would have myself

No, we were all laying in bed after I took a nap and dh grabbed it and freaked and released it right away hehe. Think it kinda freaked him out

You just reminded me of a weird dream I had last night. I think maybe since I see him sticking out so much now I dream about it. The kid actually had his finger poking out and I was afraid he was going to break my water and come early. (of course timing would be fine with me in real life lol)
#10 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm getting a little rolling now & then, or a shove if I happen to rest my arm (or if my cat leans) on my belly too long, lol. I'm 5'2" tall, short-waisted & large ribcage - I can barely breathe! Also have stretch marks for the first time, not last pregnancy. So I can imagine this baby has little space to work with at this point. Even when he turns his head, it hurts. Hopefully, it won't be much longer...
#11 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm surprised I have so much room since I am just shy of 5' 2" and also have hardly any torso at all lol. Doesn't it suck being short and short torso'ed????
#12 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Doesn't it suck being short and short torso'ed????
It sure does! Pants never fit right, do they. The huffing & puffing might also be because I have had spinal issues my whole life - chiropractic in the past really helped with my breathing (one side of my ribcage is higher than the other, due to a twist in my spine & muscles around it are chronically sore from that). I regret not getting adjustments during pregnancy. I do need to take better care of my back after baby is born - with dd, my back went out several times while she was a baby. I recommend Earth brand shoes to any pregnant mama - I have had zero back pain since I bought them in my 2nd trimester! Which is unbelieveable with my baby weight. Like before, I have passed up my dh on the scale, lol.
#13 of 13 Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorsie View Post
It sure does! Pants never fit right, do they. The huffing & puffing might also be because I have had spinal issues my whole life - chiropractic in the past really helped with my breathing (one side of my ribcage is higher than the other, due to a twist in my spine & muscles around it are chronically sore from that). I regret not getting adjustments during pregnancy. I do need to take better care of my back after baby is born - with dd, my back went out several times while she was a baby. I recommend Earth brand shoes to any pregnant mama - I have had zero back pain since I bought them in my 2nd trimester! Which is unbelieveable with my baby weight. Like before, I have passed up my dh on the scale, lol.

Thank God for low rise pants huh? LOL Nothing like having long legs for a short person. Not to mention all our flubber gets to collect in this short area :

I weigh right now when my husband weighed on his military discharge papers (we just got them the other day so that's how I know, i was nosy LOL). Hey... not for long! We will lose *some* of it anyway

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page