Round 1.......early labor that stopped :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So....last night from 4pm through out the night I was having contractions and pressure in my public area. Slept though had to pee ALOT and switched positions about 100 times.

This morning? Nothing!

Baby is moving alot and contractions have ended.

This is not abnormal for me. Usually when this happens, my cervix softens and I dialate to about 2cm. Then I can sit there for a couple of weeks.

That is ok though.....labors have gone fast as a result. (6 hrs, 3 1/2 hrs, 1 1 1/2 hrs)

SO we will see what happens!

(x posted in Nov DDC)

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2006, 03:42 PM

Me too!I had contractions every 3 minutes from 7pm-midnight and tons of loose stools.I was really tired so i went to bed and had contrax through the night and awoke to nothing : I think i am around 2-3cm right now but no activity elsewise.Hopefully soon since i am now overdue
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 PM

That happened to me Saturday afternoon. I even cancelled our dinner party plans. I was in early labor all day - and around 8pm it all just stopped. Argh. I went in today and out of sheer curiosity for what had happened, I let them check me. I'm dialated to 2cm 60% effaced and the cervix is still a little high and posterior. No telling how long is left, but I know how you feel!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM

Stay positive mama's! I know it is hard when you are anxious to meet your babies. Don't think those of us that have delivered have forgotten about you. We haven't! Here's to quick and easy labors!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:26 AM

Can I join the party? After my experience last week I too have been having a ton of contractions that just seem to lead to nowhere...it's the cervical twinges that are realy getting to me! Anyone else haviing a ton of those??? OUCH!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

I'm staying positive about it

to all of us who are in the same boat.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

I'm spending each early morning (like three am) with close and painful cx, then they disapear around lunch, then come back. It is confusing!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I'm staying positive about it

to all of us who are in the same boat.
Good for you! I am trying to as well...I figure this little one will come out...eventually...she has to! And when more and more people call or e-mail asking, "Not YET?" I just laugh and pat my belly knowing only my babe knows when her birthday will be! Off to eat mor eice cream - I hear it has labor inducing qualities you know...ha ha
Old 10-19-2006, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinsmama View Post
I'm spending each early morning (like three am) with close and painful cx, then they disapear around lunch, then come back. It is confusing!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM

I've had 4 overnight labor sessions so far, lol. This is very normal for me, too. I guess since my uterine muscle bands have been interrupted, it makes for alot of putsy labors for me. last time I had 5 sessions b4 Baby came.....We'll see how many I have this time.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 10-19-2006, 01:07 PM

I had this happen to me last night...I was like here he comes-I should have a babe by morning. But then I went to sleep and it all stopped. What is this? I don't think that I like it...I didn't have it with the other ones!! I told the baby last night that it wasn't a good time and that anytime after Tuesday is better b/c I have a paper due on Monday and one due on Tuesday. So this weekend is off limits for giving birth !! At least it seems he listened to me which is better than my other kids have been doing lately!

User Tag List