Postdates mommas? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 10-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
can i join. my EDD was the 22nd and here it is the 28th and no baby. my last baby was born at 38 weeks so this is driving me bannanas.....

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 10-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Coloradokat~ i cried all day and went to my midwives crying and freaking out over everything the day before i went into labor i was so insanely emotional and she said she could tell it would be any day because of that.
#33 of 40 Old 10-28-2006, 02:29 PM

Oh, well then, look for me to go SOON! I just had the big old emotion dump all over dh. Wacky guy suggested that maybe it wasn't so "normal" to go to 46 weeks! I pretty much chewed him up and spit him out, while sobbing the whole time.

Hey, Liz...my first was born at 39 weeks, and my second at 43. I think it makes it WAY harder to wait if you feel like you've had reason to believe it was gonna be sooner. (((hugs)))

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#34 of 40 Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 PM

I think I am losing it ladies... I am 41wk+4days.. Halloween is my 42 week mark. I never thought I would go this long. I have had so much "practice" labor that I thought I would deliver over 2 weeks ago when I had 4 hrs of timeable 5 min contractions. Since then I have had 2 or 3 more bouts of good contractions that seem to lead me nowhere but crazy. I am a first timer so I know intellectually that I had a greater chance of going over the "due date" they gave me. I just felt I would deliver a lot earlier than where I am and so that makes me feel REALLY late. I almost feel like my body is not doing it's job..... failing me by not going into labor when I am on the edge of reason. I am so CRABBY. Yes that's in CAPS because I am really crabby. On top of this, my mom (who drives me batty when I am not 41+weeks pregnant and super hormonal) is staying with us from out of state to see the baby that has yet to make an appearance. She is leaving on Thursday and is wondering when I am going to give birth.... JEEZ, like anyone could possible want this baby to make it's appearance more than me. And I refuse to consider an induction unless my midwife deems it would be healthier to do that for baby or me, than leave nature to it's course. My body isn't feeling too bad.. just achy hips and back and sorta feel like a whale but other than that I can still walk my dog and get around pretty well. It's all the emotional stuff and wanting to meet this baby that refuses to budge from my obviously comfortable uterus. I need some words of support and some serious labor vibes. I feel for all you other postdate mommas as I am going looney right along with you. I wish we could all be holding our healthy happily birthed children right now. Oh the good labor vibes... set to send and receive. Thanks for reading my rant.
Amber

11/06 and 1/09 :
#35 of 40 Old 10-29-2006, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakesthree View Post
wanting to meet this baby that refuses to budge from my obviously comfortable uterus.
LOL I loved the comfortable uterus comment so much it inspired a blog entry for me!

Comfy uterus

I'm about a week past the edd. I've had all the emotions expressed by the other postdate mamas here throughout this month but seem to have come to a peaceful spot at the moment. Could that be a sign of impending labor??? <wishful thinking> LOL

One of my favorite reassuring messages is: remember, there has never been a permanently pregnant woman!

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#36 of 40 Old 10-29-2006, 07:23 AM

Hi - can I join you now??? I know my due date wa sonly yesterday but it feels like it was a few months ago with all of the pre term labor and stuff...I was out all day - at the park, grocery shopping, etc and it was so nice to not get a phone call (or 10...) asking if I have ad this baby yet! Don;t worry, Mamas - we WILL have our babies...eventually!
#37 of 40 Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 PM

Well, woke up today and yup still pregnant. : I can't believe how my emotional state changes from day to day. I went to bed crying last night and woke up today feeling okay. Not the greatest but a little more resigned and able to deal with the fact that I have zero control over when this baby will make it's appearance. My dh was poking at the baby's butt under my ribs this morning and I get all sorts of nudges and pushes and movement. I know the baby is fine and still hanging out in the "comfy uterus" Thnx MommyMichele I had so many odd dreams last night about this baby. I mean all baby all night. The last dream before I woke up, I was looking at my post baby abdomen 2 days after my daughter was born while standing in the shower. I don't know if this baby will be a girl or boy but that dream felt very substantial so we will see if it is right and I have a girl. To add to the can't be permanently pregnant theme, I jokingly said to my midwife a week or so ago that the baby does come out eventually, right? and she said she has never known of a case of a terminally pregnant woman. Made me laugh because I feel terminally pregnant these days. Ladybug, any day(s) past is post date and I wish you peaceful vibes til your baby makes an appearance. The days feel like they have so much more weight to them that waiting feels like a full time occupation. *sigh* Off to the grocery store. maybe my water will break in the store? hah.. :

11/06 and 1/09 :
#38 of 40 Old 10-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Funny story about water breaking - my Doula told me her Mom's water broke in the grocery store so she dropped a jar of pickles so no one would know and told them, "Oops...I seem to have had this jar of pickles slide right out of my hands" as she sped to the front of the store...

And I am actually doing OK today now that I have had dh to field all of the phone calls since he is off work today! It is hilarious that my in-laws and Mom call every day to "see how I am"...I have reminded them that we DO plan to call the grandparents after the babe is born! How is everyone else doing today?
#39 of 40 Old 10-29-2006, 11:08 PM

I'm doing better today. Had some ctx yesterday afternoon, into the evening. Started back up when I got out of bed and have been off and on all day. They started getting a little more noticable about 1 1/2 ago, when we were working on putting little ones to bed. I was even getting snappy! But now they seem to've backed off again. Still...could be promising. We'll see.

Hope everyone else is feeling okay!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#40 of 40 Old 10-30-2006, 02:38 AM

Tracy -
: : : : :
Keep us posted!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page