Okay, I'm *ready* now!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-27-2006, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, Jaya hasn't posted in a couple of days, and so I am thinking that I am truly the last September holdout. :

I can't believe that October is nearly over, and I have still do not have my baby yet.

This has been a hard day. It was one year ago, today, that we discovered that our last baby had died (I was 6 months pg). I had really been hoping that having a sweet, new babe in arms for this anniversary would make it a little easier.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#2 of 15 Old 10-27-2006, 10:52 PM

Sorry, not from your ddc, but I couldn't read this and not post. You will have your babe soon. ~~~~gentle birthing vibes~~~~

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#3 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 AM

Your baby is very patient--and waiting on the most opportune time to come!

It's kinda like that day that you are running late...and finally make it out of your house...and then as you are driving you notice the 3 car pileup that you would PROBABLY have been in had you left on time! Have faith--all things happen for a reason...
You are one day closer than you were yesterday!
#4 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 AM

Oh, Tracey - I really want to send you encouragement. I know this is hard on you. Is your midwife still comfortable with waiting? Are you running tests periodically to make sure that things are okay? I know you are listening to your heart and being patient. I honestly don't know if I could wait past 43 weeks myself. I had a miscarriage last year too, and I am very emotional about these things. I'm sure that you just have to take this a day at a time. Pray often and keep your spirit in touch with your baby's so that you know what the best choice is. You are doing a great job!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#5 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 06:16 AM

Tracy,

BTW I have a babyhawk, overthe shoulder, new native, maya, mesh sling etc ANNNND yours is my FAVORITE and the only one we have used so far

THANKS Its just so light, airy etc especially for fla.

michele
#6 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 09:44 AM

Mama, it really bites that you had a tough day. The end of pregnancy is difficult enough without having to deal with painful memories, too. I didn't know you had lost a child during pregnancy and I'm so sorry. I sincerely hope your babe is in your arms very, very soon. Sending you major birthing vibes
#7 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 AM

Oh Tracy, I have been thinking of you so much lately. Lots of love to you.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#8 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, thank you all so much for your loving words. I am tearing up.

bertrandsgirl, we are going UP/UC. I am certain that there is nothing wrong. I think some of it is postioning...there's been some furniture rearranging in there the past few days, which makes me think I'm getting closer. But good movement still, good heartbeat. It's tight in there, but I can still find pockets of fluid. So, in that way I am content to wait.

Michele, that makes me happier than it has a right too!

Mrs.Hos...I saw the picture of your dh...is he in the Army? I haven't posted on this (I don't know why not), but my dh is joining the Army. He has his Selection Board on Monday and hopes to leave for boot camp in Jan/Feb. While, I am INSANELY happy that he is finally doing what he *must* do, you can imagine the added stress of waiting on knowing if he is going be accpeted as an officer candidate, while waiting on birth! My boys go back and forth...today is all about Army, tomorrow is about waiting on baby.

And I know it is true...there is a reason that this baby hasn't come yet.

Chrissy, I think of *you* all the time, too. I hope you are doing okay, emotionally, as well as physically.

Thank you ALL for encouraging me.

#9 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hang in there, everyday is one step closer, no matter how tiny those steps may feel. You are doing a great service to your baby by waiting until he/she is truly ready to come, you know that. The last few weeks of pg are so tough and you've been in the last few weeks for months now, that must be so frustrating. You are doing great. Your baby definately knows what it needs, think about what a interesting person he/she will be when you finally get to meet them.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#10 of 15 Old 10-28-2006, 09:08 PM

Tracy, I am drawing close to 42 weeks... and you must be a saint. Sending you love and peace for you and your baby. I keep telling myself that baby comes when baby is ready, but some days is doesn't make the wait any easier. Hang in there momma.

11/06 and 1/09 :
#11 of 15 Old 10-29-2006, 12:12 PM

: for a beautiful birth in your near future.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#12 of 15 Old 10-29-2006, 05:57 PM

You can do it. Remember that a few months down the road you will have been cuddling and caring for this beautiful new person for a while and will think, "Those last few weeks were so worth it!". In the end, it's only a few extra weeks out of their entire life.

And postdates babies are better anyway.
Mine was about 3 weeks over and I'm really happy I wasn't the type to run and get induced. Believe me, I entertained the thought a few times - but when he came out looking so perfect I knew that's exactly how long he needed to be in there for.

I really wish birthlove was still up, they have a wonderful ten month mama page that had tons of information and personal stories. A friend of mine just had a 45.5 week UBA2C this last March.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#13 of 15 Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 PM

, Mama! You are doing great - hang in there!!! And here is a smidge of labor dust...hope that helps!
#14 of 15 Old 10-29-2006, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post
You can do it. Remember that a few months down the road you will have been cuddling and caring for this beautiful new person for a while and will think, "Those last few weeks were so worth it!". In the end, it's only a few extra weeks out of their entire life.

And postdates babies are better anyway.
Mine was about 3 weeks over and I'm really happy I wasn't the type to run and get induced. Believe me, I entertained the thought a few times - but when he came out looking so perfect I knew that's exactly how long he needed to be in there for.

I really wish birthlove was still up, they have a wonderful ten month mama page that had tons of information and personal stories. A friend of mine just had a 45.5 week UBA2C this last March.
It's sooo true, isn't it? My 43-weeker is still astonishing. He was scooting across the bed at one week old! I can't imagine...this one'll come out composing fugues or something.

Btw, dh found the 10 month mama page, archived. It is only the page that non-members could see, of course, but STILL! I have *so* been wanting to see it again. It was so soothing to me when I was post-dates with my E. We've copied it to our hard drive.

http://web.archive.org/web/200503270...onth_mama.html

Good on your friend, btw! After 2 c's no less...

#15 of 15 Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
My 43-weeker is still astonishing. He was scooting across the bed at one week old! I can't imagine...this one'll come out composing fugues or something

I thought it was really cool at first watching Sage scoot on my belly ( which Kai did to ) in order to nurse however Sage also can scoot 'army crawl' on the bed Neat you typed that too....

MIchele

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page