D&C (TMI) and Halloween Pics - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas. Just wanted to share my latest adventure. DH and I were going to his work to show his coworkers the baby on Monday afternoon. I was sitting in the back seat with the baby and ended up gushing blood : I called my MW and she wasn't too concerned and told me to go home and monitor it. We got to the parking lot of our apartment and it wasnt' letting up so I told DH to just take me to the hospital.

Went to the closest emergency room, and I had to wait even though I was bleeding all over the place and all over their wheel chair. After getting admitted I passed a clot the size of a tennis ball, yuck. They did an US and found clots in my uterus. The Dr. and on call OB wanted me to do a D&C there but gave us the option of transfering to the hospital I delivered at and have the OB that delivered DS take over my care. We thought that would be best so off in the ambulance I went.

He didn't go straight for the D&C, he first offered to put me on a low dosage of pitocin, so I could work the clots out, and it worked for one. They did another US, but there were still more, : But the rest were too big to pass. So off to surgery I went. It ended up not being so bad because they gave me a Spinal instead of putting me under. Apart from why I was there it was a good hospital visit. The nurses were nice. After surgery I was supposed to go into recovery for about an hour and a half (where DH & DS would not be able to see me) but after the surgery my nurse asked if I could recover in my room, and they said that was fine

So now hopefully all is better...

But in better news...DS had his first Halloween Here are some pics

The two of us

My Lil' Pumpkin
#2 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 01:30 AM

He's adorable!

Are you feeling ok now? I am sorry you had to go thru that! I hope all is well now. Please lay low and take it easy so you can recover smoothly.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 AM

Sounds like that was NO FUN!
Did it affect your nursing? I know I had some problems with nursing my dd and then passed a baseball sized clot--took it in to the Dr (yes, fished it out of the potty!) and he didn't look concerned...odd...but I had no more clots after that...

I've wondered if the clot had to do with where the placenta was attached--and if so, did the dr pull on my cord/placenta and cause more of a clot? no idea...
#4 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 AM

Yikes! I'm glad you are okay.

Your ds is so dear...I love his fuzzy head!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#5 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Sorry you went through that it can't have been nice
your ds is georgeous btw

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

I seem to be doing fine now. It hasn't affected my breastfeeding at all. I think the clots came from bleeding where the placenta was, the Dr. did traction to help get the placenta out. The nurses were "mashing" my uterus (which is terribly sore now) to help with the clots, but it made new blood start to pool. I'm glad it's over with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page