A little early surprise, he's here!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi
Well our little boy decided he wanted to make his appearance a week early.

Dominic David D.
was born Oct. 25, 2006
3:45 pm
7 lbs 1 oz
20 in.

The quick birth story (since I should be taking a nap while hubby is out with mom-in-law with dd)

Woke up early Wed (Oct 25) morning 1:45 am to go to the bathroom, and after an hour tossing and turning trying to get comfortable from "butt twinges" (thought baby was just sitting on nerve again) ... I got up to do some ironing of curtains and to put crib bed sheets on ... very late nesting ... and I'd say by 3am I figured out I was having contractions ... by 6am when dh woke I told him he was going to work from home today! Cntx were not regular, but often and short and frequent .... so by 9am/ 10am started the plans for sitters for dd. The first sitter arrived by 12pm to occupy dd while I walked around the house cleaning and packing a bag. We finally left for hospital at 2:10pm for 40 min drive (boy cntx were intense) I didn't think I has really progressed enough at home but didn't want a repeat of last time with dd, arrived at hospital 10cm and crowning the drive was hard. So breathing through them as much as possible. So arrived at hospital 2:50pm and probably checked me by 3:00 ish .... and said I was 5cm. I was disappointed but all they said was well she's staying. So of course contx were already very very intense and minutes apart or on top of each other, so hard to focus in the hospital bed, squeezing dh hand and focusing on art stencil in the room. So then I refused the IV/ heplock and the nurse wasn't too happy calling my OB ... then saying OB said I had to and I knew better to believe the nurse ... but that's happening while I'm refusing and they trying to convience me .... My OB wasn't on call that day but planned on coming in for me no matter what!! Yippee! So in all of that refusal and more contrx the nurse checked me again and I was 10cm she told the other nurse to go ahead just tell the Dr. to come in now she's complete. THAT was 5cm - 10 cm in 30 minutes!!! The nurse says to me well the oncall OB just left and your OB is on way another 15-20 min ... so if your water breaks I'll have to guide you through this delivery ... So of course 2 minutes later my water breaks and my OB isn't there yet ...... so trying my best not to push through the urges and wait for my Dr. .... finally she arrives (making her office patients wait for her) and in 2-3 pushes he's out and WOW! I can't believe it my son was in my arms. It was another fast and perfect delivery. We pushed for only 24 hr stay in hospital ... dd came to visit .... and we were home!! Just loving him every second!!!!!!!

I was so not ready for him, I was hoping a few days before due date Nov 2, like Oct 28 but still nesting didn't really kick in for me. But all is good now ... I got my pre-Halloween baby / October baby so I'm thrilled!

ok was that short?? HA!!

So many babies have arrived since I have lots of reading on this board yet to catch up!

Congrats to all with baby and those overdue hope it happens soon!!
#2 of 7 Old 11-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Aww... congrats!!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#3 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Congratulations!!
#4 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 06:57 PM

Welcome to the world Dominc! Congrats mama!
#5 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 09:04 PM

Congratulations!!
#6 of 7 Old 11-05-2006, 02:49 PM

Congrats! No wonder your contractions hurt - what a fast dilation! Well done, mama!
#7 of 7 Old 11-05-2006, 03:38 PM

Congratulations!!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page