Im in PAIN! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-06-2006, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its been almost 3 weeks since I had javonte and i still feel like i just gave birth yesterday. My hips and thighs are in constant agony, I still cant sleep on a particular side for more than a half hour, and the swelling in my stomach isnt going down at all! To make it all worse my wisdom teeth are SWOLLEN and my mouth is killing me and I cant take anything for it because im BFing! My mom made me tea, she is really into the healing stuff and does EFT and all this other stuff, but the tea is so yucky i cant drink it without wanting to throw up... I dont know what to do I want to cry!!

On the bright side, Javonte is probably the best baby that I have had so far. He rarely cries, he sleeps a lot, and when he is awake he just looks at me. He smiles, poops and sleeps. LOL so its not so bad, I was extremely scared that he would be a crier and I would go full blast into PPD.

Heres updated pics:
Halloween
Sleeping
Proud Big Sister

My other kids are starting to adjust, but the pain is making it hard for me to run after them all day and all night. Dh was good for about a week with helping out, but now he thinks i should be good so hes not helping as much. Not to mention hes starting to bug me for sex, and i dont get my tubes tied until the 13th.

AND our anniversary is on the 11th, and i know he is gonna want some. But I cant risk getting pregnant again, and with all the BC in the world my fertile behind (literally) will STILL get pregnant.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to vent a lil bit. Im keeping myself occupied making scrapbooks and giftbaskets. But the pain is keeping me awake! Is there anything i can do that wont go through the breast milk but doesnt taste like poo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-06-2006, 11:17 AM

Is there anyway you can get to see an osteopath? A friend that birthed a ginormaous baby had hip and leg pain for months after his birth. She finally went to see an osteopath and was much better after the first visit. She is continuing to see him so she can stay in alignment. Toting around her two kids isn't helping with her recovery any. I am sure you know all about that yourself. As for your DH, tell him to get over it! You are the mother of 5 kids, and you are in pain!!!! You give out all day every day, and you have real concerns about BC before your tubal. If he can't wait a little longer I'd send him to the doghouse. Feel better mama!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#3 of 7 Old 11-06-2006, 02:53 PM

Ouch! I'm sorry your recovery isn't going so well. I would agree that seeing some kind of chiropractor or something could help. Also, if this doesn't seem right to you - and you would know best, having had several babies - do go see your doctor or midwife sooner than the 'routine' six week postpartum checkup. There may be more to your slow recovery and perhaps they could help.

Congrats on your beautiful baby, too! He's so adorable. And big sister looks incredibly proud
#4 of 7 Old 11-07-2006, 01:36 AM

ditto the above posters...
I would definitely tell dh to stick it where the sun don't shine--wait, no, no, don't say that...
Maybe you can watch some 'adult movies' with him and call it even?
I also would definitely look into a chiro visit, and a m/w visit...
Good luck mama--beautiful pics btw!
#5 of 7 Old 11-07-2006, 10:01 PM

I AGREE CHIROPRACTOR!!! HECK! Maybe visit a chiro as a anniversary gift

As for your wisdom teeth here are a few options from a fellow wisdom teeth pain gal ( had them removed finally with just numbing a year ago.. no swelling etc did homeopathics)

you could try taking hypericum 30X, arnica 30X rhu tox 30X or rhus grav 30X see which one fits best for you.....

Also gargle with salt water and mix some white oat bark, goldenseal , aloe ( i think there is a few more ingredients in my wash i have for soft tissue however i have a sleepy lil one on my lap with my legs crossed )

Michele
#6 of 7 Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 AM

nak

#7 of 7 Old 11-08-2006, 06:29 AM

Chiro ASAP I wish i could afford to go. Ds is 2yo and I am still suffering with pubic bone, hip and lower back pain. I cant help but think had I went in sooner I would be well now.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page