?s re: CDs (can't post on CD baord) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't post a troubleshooting question on the CD board for some reason. So, I'm hoping some experienced CD mamas can help me out here.

I'll admit that I fell into the trap of disposables once Caleigh came home from teh hospital. She had to wear them while there and it was easier when they sent us home with a small stash than to try and figure out CDs. But, now that my stash is dwindling, I tried a CPF this morning. Omigoodness.

1. Please tell me that all new mamas to CDs go through a learning curve with CPFs.

2. I put her in the newspaper fold CPF and it was HUGE on her. HUGE. I bought the small size but I'm wondering if they are too big for her now? (She weighs just over 8 lbs). It literally looked as though it would fall off if I picked her up AND her clothes don't fit over top.

3. When I fold the CPF, do I fold down the front and back edges in order to keep it "smaller" and avoid covering her cord stump? (I don't want there to be a build up of mositure in it)

Thanks in advance for any help you can all give me. I don't want to get discouraged but I find myself just giving up and throwing on a disposable. I hate that I've done that, but I don't know what else to do!!!
#2 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Figured it out! Although I would like to know I'm not the only one that may have a learning curve?!?
#3 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 05:07 PM

I had a learning curve, too...in fact, I'd say I'm still learning. What's the newspaper fold?
#4 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Here is the website where I found out how to fold them, newspaper fold style. There is also a bikini twist shown on here too. There are instructions on the CD board but I couldn't access the pictures.

http://www.thebabymarketplace.com/ClothDiaperFolds.pdf
#5 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM

Definitely a learning curve! But good news...we've been at it 4 weeks now and I feel like a pro--well, at least semi-pro .

I remember feeling like they were huge at first...but you get used to it. And those infant CPF's won't fit as long as I thought they would at first!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page