Holiday Helper Idea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright. I know that technically I'm not part of your due date club anymore.

1.) I had DS in September
2.) He didn't make it and now I feel like I'm not part of any DDC.

BUT!!!

That is an entirely different matter!!

I was wondering... I was reading the Holiday Helper thread and one member mentioned that the Feb 2005 DDC is still going strong and adopted a whole family in need and got them covered for the Christmas holidays.

NOW... I know many of you are baby-mooning or are still anticipating the loaves of bread to arrive. (sending those labor vibes to those who need them btw)

But do any of us think we can pool together and help a family in need this year? Be it a couple of paypal dollars or a gift card you have lying around that you wont need? Do you have a close family member who would be willing to get to the post office for you to mail a box of Gently Used Items?

I'm genuinely curious. I was inspired by the mom from the Feb '05 club.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#2 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 11:17 AM

Sure I am interested.'

I would also like to find out the info on how to donate breastmilk to africa.... A friend had told me the info was on Oprah (babies with AIDS) however i couldnt find the info on her site. I would like to donate a bag as part of my Christmas giving

I dont pump at all however i could sit and use the pump that sits unused in my cabinet

Michele
#3 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM

I'd love to help.. I can't do a whole family by myself (like picking a family form teh list) as things are tight here But I really want to help al I can
#4 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM

That is a wonderful idea!I have no way to help considering i have already decided that Thanksgiving and Christmas will not be celebrated this year due to extreme financial hardships for me and my kiddos.I have to figure out how to get our utilities from being shut off!I could send a card though
#5 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Any particular preferance to helping out Canadian mom VS US mom? I know shipping might be the deciding factor so I'm just curious.

#6 of 7 Old 11-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
That is a wonderful idea!I have no way to help considering i have already decided that Thanksgiving and Christmas will not be celebrated this year due to extreme financial hardships for me and my kiddos.I have to figure out how to get our utilities from being shut off!I could send a card though
you can sign up to be a mother in need.

http://www.spatulagirl.com/holidayhelper/index.php
#7 of 7 Old 11-11-2006, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Those who want to help or are interested in helping...

Are you able to find things for a 6 yr old boy? From you own closet or that of a relative, neighbor, co-worker, DP's coworkers...?

These are some things he is in need of (the rest of the family has been covered):

Quote:
SizeKid: KidOther, 8-10

LongSleeve
LongPants
Jeans
Underwear
Pajamas
Socks
everything for winter!
Some things he likes:
Quote:
would love anything spiderman, and science geared, he loves spongebob, he could really use a winer coat, socks~size 3 in boys~ underwear size 10~ pants or sweats size 10..warm pajamas...size 10.. long sleeves shirts size 8-10...he loves sports and outdoor things.. he loves building things.. he loves DVD's any kind really.. He loves Veggies tale..we had a c but lost it.. it had the hair brush song, barbra manitee song too( if anyone has it and would be willing to seperate from it) he loves space and rockets..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page