milk needs to level out soon. like... NOW! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-12-2006, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
he is 3wks and i am always soaked. i have overactive letdown like i did with dd1. it hurts dang it! I hate when my milk lets down cause it feels like freaking knives in me.

not to mention he must be getting a belly ache from it all cause he used to be so content and is now more fussy. still not screaming like my other kiddos,,, he is the easiest yet... but you can tell he is upset and sometimes he doesn't want to nurse and I don't know what to do for him

We bought him some apricot oil tonight so will do baby massages and hope that helps like with dd.

i forget when my milk regulated itself before. anyone else dealing with too much
milk????

crystal
#2 of 5 Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM

Barging in from Oct ddc... hope you don't mind.. but you described my problem exactly. This is baby #3 and the issues are the same as I had before, just better managed.. here is what I have learned.
*lay down to nurse, helps slow things down with gravity, less gulping
* block feed as suggested on www.kellymom.com use the same breast two hours of feedings.
* I took tylenol or advil to help with the letdown pain
* warm compresses helped
* relaxation techniques
* let excess milk spray off into a towel before offering the breast
This will pass... my dd is 6+ weeks now and things are starting to regulate. Good luck and hope you didn't mind me throwing in my two cents worth
#3 of 5 Old 11-13-2006, 04:24 PM

PS... also living in Podunk Wisconsin!
noteworthy
#4 of 5 Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteworthy View Post
Barging in from Oct ddc... hope you don't mind.. but you described my problem exactly. This is baby #3 and the issues are the same as I had before, just better managed.. here is what I have learned.
*lay down to nurse, helps slow things down with gravity, less gulping
* block feed as suggested on www.kellymom.com use the same breast two hours of feedings.
* I took tylenol or advil to help with the letdown pain
* warm compresses helped
* relaxation techniques
* let excess milk spray off into a towel before offering the breast
This will pass... my dd is 6+ weeks now and things are starting to regulate. Good luck and hope you didn't mind me throwing in my two cents worth

yep, doing everything mentioned lol thankfully i know what to do to manage overactive letdown because of all the support i received when i dealt with this the last time. i'm glad to hear that at 6wks things are starting to get better on your end!!!! not too much longer for us. Trying not to rush these weeks by at the same time. they grow up so fast ... I can't believe he is already 3.5wks as it is yk? soon he will be 7yrs old like my daughter. : trying to just enjoy this stage in all it's milk drenched glory even

thank you
#5 of 5 Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteworthy View Post
PS... also living in Podunk Wisconsin!
noteworthy
hehe. We are in Fredonia... so not as podunk as it could be but still pretty darn podunk

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page