Caleigh just threw up on my breast while I was feeding her. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just had to share one of the many joys of motherhood that I've experienced in the last two weeks.

I know moms say that your own child's poop, spit-up, throw-up, boogers, etc. don't gross you out after a while. I can honestly say though I haven't reached that point and when your two week old throws up while her mouth is attached to your left boob, it pretty much just grossed me out. And now I'm down to one pair of panties and one pair of sweatpants until I can get to the laundromat. Oh, how I wish we had a washer/dryer hook-up in our apartment!!!!

#2 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM

I frequently get pee'd on. Having a boy is quite an experience. I'll be getting his new diaper under his bum and feel a stream of hot liquid. Last week while changing his diaper I got some poo on my hand, pee'd on and then when I picked him up he yakked on me. Nifty morning.

You'll get used to the fluids soon enough. I'll often stick my hand under his mouth when he spits up so that he doesn't yak on my shirt. Protect the clothing!
#3 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Even after being a mom for 6yrs throw up, boogers & poo still gross me out :Puke Especially when I get :Puke on in the middle of the night :it really starts to bother me when they start eating food and the chunks hit me :

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 02:26 PM

My little guy did his first meconium poop right on me and he also peed on me about the same time!

He has also shot pee over his own head, it almost went in his mouth a couple of times.
My other ds never shot pee like that so I wasn't really prepared for that.

Breastfed baby poop doesn't bother me and um this is embarrassing but I kind of like how it smells.

Boogers don't start grossing me out until my kids are about 3 then they are just nasty.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#5 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 03:39 PM

DS spit up a significant amount the other day and it went right down the v-neck of my shirt and between my boobs. I had to change my bra and everything. We were also trying to get out the door at the time -- of course!

The other day he peed on his own face too! I felt so bad for him! I haven't gotten peed on yet myself, but this happens to DH all the time. I think it is funny, but DH doesn't. IMO it is because DH doesn't change DS's diaper fast enough. You gotta be quick on the draw!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#6 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

She has been sick four times during nursing. It actually started last night but I didn't think about it. And now three consecutive feedings have led to her regurgitating it all over me. Hmmmm....thank goodness we have a pediatrician appt tomorrow.
#7 of 12 Old 11-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been changing my clothes several times a day. Either dd2 spits up (that is an understatment too) all over me, or I forget to put a breast pad in my bra and I end up soaking myself all the way down to my underwear.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 12 Old 11-14-2006, 02:49 PM

I too have had DD throw up while on the boob... glad I am not alone! Last night while I was brushing my teeth DH changed her diaper and she had pooped but was not done and pooped all over him and the new diaper he was attempting to put on her and when I came back downstairs I saw that she had thrown up right in the center of his tshirt. I laughed my butt off at him and told him welcome to daddyhood!

11/06 and 1/09 :
#9 of 12 Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM

About 10 seconds after I pushed Evie into this world, they put her on my belly and as I cried and said, "oh! My daughter!" she pooped on my chest and in my belly button. My husband reached down to pick her up (she was covered in meconium and now I was too) and she had saved one last one for him - so he got pooped on too. Welcome to parenthood!

Oh - and Omama reminded me...DS has peed in his own face too. He did it twice, but the first time DH and I were laughing too hard to help the poor, startled little guy!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#10 of 12 Old 11-15-2006, 04:26 PM

DD has projectile poops. I mean, 2 feet off the changing pad. Luckily, she saves those for Daddy
#11 of 12 Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 PM

Didn't have time to read the pp, but my little one pooped the minute I put him in the tub tonight . . . with me and his brother in there!! I think that's about as bad as it gets (well, maybe tied with them spitting up IN your mouth - that's pretty bad, too :Puke ) You do get used to it in a way.
#12 of 12 Old 11-16-2006, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I'm sitting up in bed nursing dd2 tonight. I'm burping her when what seems like the entire day's BM comes out of her mouth, in my hair, down my back, all over my bed and pillow. I'm literally sitting in this pool of sour milk. What makes it worse is that I went to bed nakid. I do what any experienced mama does, towel off for a second then throw a clean towel over my bed so I can go back to sleep.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page