Loving not being prenant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else loving NOT being pregnant anymore? I didn't have a particularly rough pregancy but I am just estatic that baby is on the outside andI have my body back. It sounds a bit selfish but I was overjoyed to be able to shave my crotch without the use of a mirror or having the BF do it and praying that he didn't cut me

wondering if I was the only person in this boat?

\m/

#2 of 20 Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 PM

I am so LOVING it. I didn't realize just how bad I felt until I wasn't pregnant anymore. My stomach actually feels normal and I can eat w/o issues (nausea ect...)!! WOOHOOOOO!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 20 Old 11-13-2006, 08:02 PM

Me me me me me.
I have been pregnant for what feels like two years straight. 8 months with DS#1, six weeks off recovering from a c/s, then conceived DS#2 and was 3 weeks over. I've been pregnant from March of 2005 to October of 2006! THAT'S TOO MUCH PREGNANT, THANK YOU. :

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#4 of 20 Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 PM

Yup. I'm very glad I'm done too. Being so nauseous for 8.5 months was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. I can still remember what it was like, and I'm so glad it is gone! I love being able to bend over, chase my daughter, being able to walk like a normal person, etc. I gained 63 pounds and I am so happy that it is coming off now. Yeah for b-feeding and having a normal appetite again! And did I mention I'm no longer nauseous!!!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#5 of 20 Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 PM

say it is not so!

I love being pregnant!
#6 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 AM

As much as I love being more physically comfortable not pregnant, I have to admit I miss it. I really loved being pregnant and giving birth and I'm sort of glum that this was most likely my last pregnancy. sniff...wipe tear away
#7 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 AM

After having three 10 pound babies within a decade, I am SO glad to be done being pregnant. I missed it after my last two, but I have to say that, at four weeks postpartum, I don't miss it at all this time. I loved my second trimester and most of my third, but the end was soooo long and the first trimester was a complete nausea write off, as it usually is.

Here's to not being pregnant!
#8 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCommando View Post
It sounds a bit selfish but I was overjoyed to be able to shave my crotch without the use of a mirror or having the BF do it and praying that he didn't cut me

wondering if I was the only person in this boat?
i hear ya loud and clear on that one

#9 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 11:20 AM

I am loving NOT being pregnant but I dont' do pregnancy well. Bewteen the horribly violent vomiting and the heartburn/acid reflux...to the food adversions to EVERYTHING! This second pregnancy was worse than the first one and while pregnant this time, I swore I'd NEVER EVER do this again....

Well, here I am looking at this angel and I want another one. I cannot believe it, I really want another baby. Please remind me how sick I was, remind me how I said I'd never do this again.

I just have this sense that there is one more baby for us. Dh said is ok wth another but he said I'm on the prolactin hormone high and that I'm not allowed to make any decisions in this department for a year. I think he's right. Dh said he'd welcome another but he doesn't know how we're going to afford to send three kids to college. Gotta love a man that thinks ahead.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#10 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 12:21 PM

I miss having my dd in my belly....i luved feeling her move.
I do not miss the swollen feet/fingers, the many trips to pee & the nausea and indigestion. Hah.
#11 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM

I am SO loving it, and am SO very happy she is here with me on the outside, though I do miss feeling her move inside me. :

11/06 and 1/09 :
#12 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm enjoying being able to roll over in bed, although there are moments where I wish I could stick her back inside. She was easier to deal with in there. I keep thinking about another baby already, crazy hormones. I love being pg, and giving birth, I'm already planning my next birth. I will not get pg before this one is 2 years old, but this time it might be a long two years, with dd1 it was very short.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#13 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 05:11 PM

nak

I am really enjoying having my body back.

I love being able bend over, sleep on my back or my TUMMY (woohoo!), and having more energy!

I miss my big belly making me look cute though. I loved how my body looked 9 months pregnant. Now I just look slightly fat. Yuck. And miss being able to nap when my toddler did. Now it is RARE if both boys are asleep at the same time.

As for a future number three . . . we are going to let the breastfeeding naturally space our children, so whenever he comes we will be excited for it! We think the fact that I could potentially get pregnant at anytime is a big turn-on.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#14 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 PM

I miss the belly to a point. I missed my belly at around 5-6 months, when I looked full term but didn't "feel" full-term and still felt kinda cute.

I DO NOT MISS belly at 10 months along that was so far out that even size L maternity shirts on my 5' frame were riding up.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#15 of 20 Old 11-14-2006, 07:23 PM

I LOVE not having to pee 1000 X a night!!! I also like sleeping on my tummy again - but my BBs leaked last night (even through the nursing pads) and left big wet rings on the sheets hehehe. I am washing them yet again (between me and the baby they will get lots of wear).

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#16 of 20 Old 11-15-2006, 04:23 PM

I have this theory now that the placenta is just a giant hormone and when it leaves the body, all is right with the world again. before I had Keagan, I was jealous, vicious, posessive, paranoid and depressed. Since, though, I have been a little sad, but mostly euphoric. BF and I haven't fought since she was born 6 weeks ago. It is so great.

At 6 1/2 mo preg, I got desperate and tried to fit into some pre-preg clothes...a mini skirt and halter top. Something I would normally wear in the summer. I had to get pictures of such a low point . I am glad I can fit into most of my pre-preg clothes again.

Not to mention sleeping, eating, moving again is so nice. I also am overjoyed at the shooting range I now have but leaking everywhere kind of sucks.
#17 of 20 Old 11-15-2006, 04:30 PM

I'm not missing the sleepless nights, the constant need to pee, or the heartburn I had. I love having my body back, I'm already back to my prepregnancy clothes. I really don't do pregnancy very well.
#18 of 20 Old 11-17-2006, 03:45 PM

I can sleep on my stomach noooow I can sleep on my stomach nooow (in singsongy voice)

For real tho, I have been pregnant for 5 years strait. I have 5 kids, my oldest is 4, and no duplicates. Just strait bangin em out year after year after year. So not being pregnant feels SOOOO good to me.

The only problem now is keeping my husband off of me long enough to get my tubes tied, before im right back in the ddc for next year :
#19 of 20 Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Forty's wife, your kids are all adorable!!! You have a beautiful family.

I haven't had a chance to sleep on my stomach yet. I need to have a good nap w/o Jove so I have a chance to w/o someone attached to my boob.
I'm still really loving not being pregnant!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#20 of 20 Old 11-24-2006, 05:59 PM

You know, even with being massively pregnant with three littles, I still loved it and would do it all over again. I already want to. : I do think we are done with having kids though. I did not totally enjoy the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy (34 weeks and on), but the majority of it I did.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page