The OH SO LOVELY ...Postpartum attire - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-13-2006, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:irk

I dont really enjoy THIS PART! I am to small for clothing I wore prego however my pre prego clothes are still a bit small. I refuse to buy clothes to wear in between sizes so for NOW i shall wear the two pairs of pants that DO FIT!

I gained the exact same amt as I did with DS1 ( 40LBS) and the first week DS2 was born i lost 20LBS second week 4LBS... he is now 4 weeks and im not sure where im at....... with DS1 by 5 months postpart i was back to my prepreg size

Michele
#2 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 01:16 AM

I am so right there with you! It's so frustrating! I wish I could wear my regular pants. I too have two pairs of pants that are flexible enough for me to wear. I am anxious to get back to my regular size!
#3 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 01:18 AM

hi, I'm not in your ddc but I have two words for you:

YOGA PANTS

they are comfortable and, right now, they are fashionable. I am still wearing them and my baby is almost 10 months old.
#4 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM

i second the yoga pants
a godsend
#5 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 AM

I'm still wearing my pregnancy yoga pants Why buy more when these ones fit? They're quite comfy, actually!

I've lost all my pregnancy weight, but I still barely only squeeze into two of my pairs of jeans. I'm far more of a yoga pants girl these days. Hard to find things that match, that's for sure! Nearly all of my tops are meant to go with denim. Hmm...
#6 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, I only have yoga pants that fit, I had my mom buy me two large t-shirts because none of of my bigger shirts (that fit after dd1 was born: ) came close to fitting. With dd1 I was 4 lbs from my pre-pg weight at 2 weeks, and then those 4 lbs took 5 months to lose. I gained more weight this time around, but was losing it quickly until 2 weeks again. I'm 10 lbs above my pre-pg weight and haven't lost a lb in a week. I had gained weight before getting pg so I really have like 20 more lbs to lose before most of my clothes will fit again. I really don't want to buy any more clothes but would like more to fit then my two pairs of yoga pants. :

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#7 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

What is it about us gals and 2 PAIRS of pants that fit

I also havent lost any weight this week. maybe ill lose double next

Michele
#8 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 03:52 PM

NAK

I have one pair of maternity pants (the low-rise kind) that fit and one pair of sweatpants that fit. Oh, and I have one skirt that kind of fits but I broke the zipper trying to squeeze in! Yuck. I refuse to buy clothing when I will be a different size so soon. I have ZERO shirts that fit right now. Even the nursing shirts I bought specifically for postpartum are tight and not very flattering. Okay, I look like a stuffed sausage in them. Uggh. I will HAVE to buy new shirts when I can afford them, for now I've been wearing my hubby's tees when I have to go out. Or I have one nice sweater that covers everything pretty well if the weather's cool enough for it.

But yeah, I have almost NOTHING that fits. It's yucky.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#9 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 05:15 PM

I'm wearing yoga pants and pregnancy pants...wah. My body is definitely not bouncing back the same way it did with ds. We'll see...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#10 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 PM

I have 4 pairs of yoga pants that fit well, thank heaven for elastic, but almost all my t's and sweaters are too short and too tight. I'm wearing the same couple of tops that fit only because they have lycra in the blend or they were oversized to begin with. I gained 23 lbs from the pg and I've probably lost all but 5 lbs but my body just feels so different and fills out my clothes so differently. I'm not crazy about shopping for anything new since I don't know what my size will be in a few months. Anyways, I'm not too concerned with what I'm wearing as long as I feel comfortable and I have no place to go where it's going to matter.
#11 of 13 Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 PM

I know - it isn't fun. That being said, everyone seems to have brought me cookies and brownies when they came to see the baby....ack! I'm trying to be good Last time it really did take me 9 months to lose all the weight, but then I kept on going and ended up 5-8 lbs lighter than prepregnancy and got to wear clothes I hadn't worn in ages! I hope that happens again, but I'd like to lose the weight sooner than that. Last time I went to Old Navy and bought myself two or three cheap pairs of pants that were the in-between size. I practically cried buying them in that size, but at least I had something stylish to wear. Once I got back to my "normal" size, I splurged and bought some designer jeans to reward myself for it all. I guess I'll pull out the old in-between pants this time around. IMHO it is worth buying some of those sizes so that you aren't rewearing a couple of pairs of pants all the time - you never know how long it will take to lose the weight and you don't want to feel too much pressure about it all.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#12 of 13 Old 11-15-2006, 04:05 PM

I saved about $50 for after I had the baby so I could have 2 new pairs of jeans that fit and so I could feel pretty with new clothes. Unfortunately, my boobs grew so much, I couldn't fit into my old shirts, but I could fit into my pre-preg pants
#13 of 13 Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
spu

what are your favorite yoga pants and where did you buy them? and do they make them for people who are not super-tall? (I'm 5'3"...)

I'm so right there with you! I have 2 pairs of pants that sort of fit... and that's it. Even my pre-preg shirts don't fit my midsection... still have a pouch, and people have asked me when I'm due! (I feel like saying "I DID a month ago!)...

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page