Still uncomfortable "down there" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2006, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 2 weeks pp and still having a hard time sitting, peeing, showering, etc. My mw says it's normal but was wondering when did you all start feeling better? I had 8 stitches and did push for over 4.5 hours so I understand, but I am ready to go for a walk but don't feel like I can handle it. I get all achey and throbby down there when I am up for more than 10 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 PM

That was normal for me. I am three weeks out now and there is a big difference from a week ago. Wait another week!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 11-15-2006, 07:23 PM

Two weeks is when I started to feel ok. But I certainly wouldn't have gone for a walk then. I'm 4.5 weeks out now and feel TONS better. I think three weeks is when I felt like I could go for a walk.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, that makes me feel much better!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This time around I wasn't even sore the next day. : DD2 was 3 weeks on Monday, and I've been taking long walks since she was a couple days old. But with DD1, I remember being sore for a couple weeks, I attempted to go over a walk when she was 2 weeks old, and was so sore for a couple days again.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM

Definitely give your body more time to heal. I am over 4 weeks PP now and while things are "mostly" back to normal, I'm still not 100%. And I only pushed for 7 minutes and had the tiniest of tears.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 AM

Try making comfrey tea--soak some washcloths--put on a pad...reduces swelling and feels great!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:42 AM

I had several stiches. 2nd degree tears. babe was 9 lbs 10 oz. It took 45 mins and two dr's to sew me up. I was up and shopping 2 days post partum. But am still very sore.
Sometimes it feels like tightening down there and its like my body is doing kegal exercises often. its odd.
Anyways. Tucks have helped.
I find it really hard to sit on the toilet sometimes. Ugh.
Hoping it goes away soon and things go back to normal. So i relate sista.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:22 PM

I didn't feel better with my first for weeks. I finally went to an OB-GYN and she saw that I had not healed correctly and had a painful type of granulated scar tissue that caused me lots of discomfort. I had a very minor (one hour) surgery at three months post-partum where they "fixed" things down there. Three weeks after that, I felt great - and I didn't even look like I had ever given birth. This time I tore the same amount (2nd degree), but the midwife who did the stitches did an excellent job. I also was more careful not to move around too much and to take two sitz baths in epsom salts every day. I'm at 2.5 weeks PP and I feel great - no problems like last time. My advice is to go see a doctor if this continues, you may not be healing right. In the meantime, take your sitz baths and be careful not to overdo things. They say it takes 4-6 weeks to heal, so give yourself some time too.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 PM

I think I need to call my doctor and try to get in before my 6 week check. It still hurts only now it feels like a fresh cut when I wipe or should I say pat the area dry. Ugh this sucks so much. I took it so easy for the past 4 weeks, my dh was home and did everything. I'm not even sure why it won't just heal already.

What sucks is that my c-section scar never bothered me. I have an awesome vbac and I get this crappy paper cut feeling. Such is life.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:28 PM

I had 4 stitches after ds #1 and I was super sore for the first several days and it was probably around 2 wks pp that I felt mostly back to normal. With ds #2 I felt normal again after just a few days. I knw someone else who had a tough labor with her first and was sore for weeks after, so it seems there's quite a lot of variation. Take lots of hot showers.

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
Old 11-26-2006, 12:39 AM

I'm so glad to see this thread. I figured something must be wrong with me or I must be a sissy (which is funny b/c my labor was really hard) b/c I'm still very tender. I think childbirth was a breeze compared to healing from childbirth!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 AM

Hey there!
I posted already about this--but wanted to reiterate to all moms out there...COMFREY TEA and ARNICA! I'm swearing by it (since my chiro has nothing to do with swelling/pain of the vulva after birth! hahaha I usually say she is my reason for feeling good all around!)...
After my birth I used the comfrey tea 'frozen pads' and took arnica tablets...I'm back to normal now, 5 days later...really happy about these 'cures'! Hope it can help someone else too!

User Tag List