Kind of missing being pregnant... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...as an opposite opinion to the earlier post re: not missing being pregnant, I'm kind of missing my bump! I was in Starbucks today (love love LOVE their chai lattes and after a night of only four hours sleep, I needed one!) and there was the cutest woman in there with the cutest bump of a belly. And even though I am absolutely head over heals for my daughter, I kind of felt this longing to once again be preggers. I think it was more the anticipation of it all that I missed a little.

Does anyone else feel this way?
#2 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM

I miss feeling kicks, and some ascepts of pg, there are other things that make me happy not to be, like having to run to the bathroom every 30 seconds. I really miss giving birth, it's so great, I can't wait to do it again.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 07:28 PM

I missed it the first time, but not the second. Chasing around ds#1 while pg wore. me. out!!!
#4 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 08:37 PM

heck no. i even look at preggo bellies now and think "never again, thank God that isn't me still" LOL i have ZERO desire to be preggo again. after 4 babies... i just want to claim my body back. for good
#5 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 PM

That's absolutely me. I miss the special feeling of having Brady all to myself (in a way...gosh, I'm so selfish!!!), the wonderful kicks, and the anticipation of his special arrival. I'm anxiously waiting to do it again!! For me, though, it was a struggle to get and stay pregnant, so the moments were very cherished. Now, I'm terribly in love with him on the outside, but I definitely enjoyed and loved every moment (even the difficult moments, which for me, were quite a few!).
#6 of 6 Old 11-26-2006, 04:10 AM

I told dh tonight I can't wait to have another one!!! Him...not as anxious for it to happen!!! In fact, he only wats two kids...I miss being pregnant as well even though I tended to complain a lot at the end - in my defense - there was an almost 11lb babe in there so a little griping is OK...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page