period? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd is 8 weeks now, ebf (and double her birth weight!), and I think I might be getting my period. Bu-ut, I also had a post partum check on Tuesday and she did a pap as well, so I was wondering if maybe that irritation on my cervix and fiddling around pressing on my uterus might have done something as well. Anyone else start their period this soon? I had to pump with ds, which only lasted for 8 weeks, but I don't think I got a period until sometime after I had stopped pumping...does it mean anything if you start your period this soon? I am pretty sure dd is getting plenty to eat. Ideas? Could the OB have irritated something?

x-posted in breastfeeding
#2 of 10 Old 12-03-2006, 08:56 AM

It is entirely possible to get AF and be EBF, it's been my fate after every pregnancy to resume AF at about 8 weeks PP. I'm still waiting to see when it will come back after my 10/12 baby, hopefully it will stay away longer this time. There's nothing abnormal about getting AF and EBF, it's just how some women's bodies function. It is also possible to bleed slightly after pap/cervical checks but I would think the bleeding from that would happen shortly after your appointment, not a week later.
#3 of 10 Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM

did you start taking the mini pill by chance? I had spotting when I started taking it (6 wks pp) --lasted about a week for me.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#4 of 10 Old 12-03-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasthree View Post
did you start taking the mini pill by chance? I had spotting when I started taking it (6 wks pp) --lasted about a week for me.
nope. the bleeding has stopped, so if it was a period, it was a short one. I guess we are just going to have to be pretty careful now, as I don't want 2 babies in one year!
#5 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 06:05 AM

I believe that if you're breastfeeding at all, any bleeding in the first 56 or so after birth is considered NOT a period...
With breastfeeding I got my period back after a year.
With breastfeeding a toddler only once, briefly, per day (in other words - not breastfeeding) I never got it back: I got pregnant instead. : That happened about 8-9 weeks after birth.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM

I keep thinking I'm done with postpartum bleeding, only to bleed again for a day and then stop. The spotting is driving me mad! This didn't happen with the other two. However, I have a doctor's appointment next week and she's going to do the postpartum check-up stuff, so we'll see what she says.

With the other two boys I had my period back at 5.5months. I guess they started sleeping more at night better at that point or something. Jackson has been sleeping 6-8 hour stretches since birth, which is probably why I'm spotting. My body has no idea what it's doing
#7 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Amanda, I'm spotting like that too and it's so freakin irritating.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#8 of 10 Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 AM

It's happened to me, too. /:
7 weeks old now and all of a sudden I start bleeding!
This DEFINITELY didn't happen with my first 3 guys - I didn't get my period for a LONG time after they were born [8-12 months] - and I'm not doing anything differently, this time! Exclusive Breastfeeding and all~
I'm gonna be bummed if it's my period. /: I was so enjoying NOT having it...:
#9 of 10 Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 PM

I'm wondering about this too now unfortunately! With DD I didn't get my period back until 14 months PP. And now I'm only 8 weeks! How can this be happening?! DS nurses around the clock. He went for one -- only one -- four hour stretch without nursing and that was it. He nurses A LOT and is already over 14 lbs. I was still bleeding lightly up until 5 weeks PP. I had some slightly yellow discharge over the last 7 days or so. What gives? I REALLY don't want my period back now. My whole family has had this nasty cold virus -- including DS who was even in the ER one night -- and this is truly the last thing I need right now. Arrggghhh! Maybe it's NOT AF, right? Maybe just some weird spotting?

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#10 of 10 Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM

She turned 2 months on the 12th and on the 10th I got my period...I've been bleeding for so long that I don't really care (I don't like the mood swings and chocolate cravings though), my husband on the other hand is not very happy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page