Baby acne? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone's baby have this? Taylor started breaking out around her cheeks when she was about 3 weeks and has gotten really bad ever since. It doesn't seem to bother ger but her skin it's not soft and pretty like it was befor. I've done some research and it definately looks like neonatum acne or baby acne, apparently it will go away on its own . I was just wondering if there's anything that can make it better until it clears up????
#2 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 02:15 PM

My baby boy started to get this as well, poor thing looked like me as a teenager... I just wash his face everyday with a mild baby soap, and it's cleared up.
#3 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM

DS has this...its getting a lot better though. I actually didn't do anything to help it, it's just clearing up on its own. He got it more on his shoulder and back than on his face though. It never seemed to bother him though. GL
#4 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Both Aerik and Jackson had this. Jackson's was worse, though. It just started clearing up this week (he's 7 weeks).

The important thing is just to leave to run its course. It'll be gone very soon. And then you can rejoice at the return of beautiful baby skin like I did a couple of days ago
#5 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 03:36 PM

Yup mine has it too on his face, chest, back & head. He's had it for a few weeks. It seems to be starting to go away now. DS is 7 weeks.
#6 of 7 Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 AM

I thought they all get it ? The important thing is to leave it alone or only use very very mild soap, with my first two children I tried so hard to get rid of it that I upset the skins acid mantle and they both ended up with really bad cradle cap!
#7 of 7 Old 12-19-2006, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all your responses, she's now 9 weeks and her skin has cleared up nicely:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page