Wow, two months now?! Where did the time go! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 12-06-2006, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone's baby doing?

Xan is cooing and laughing and "talking" (although my 3 y/o insists he can't talk because, "He has no talking teeth. He needs to grow teeth to talk". Geez mom. Duh). I love it when he does that. He also laughs when I massage his gums. : whatever works!

He's 16.5lbs now. We finally bought a scale yesterday. I've only lost 8-9lbs. : DH gained almost 40 over the course of a year and wants to lose weight, too - so at least I'm not doing it alone.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#2 of 26 Old 12-06-2006, 02:22 PM

Wow...what a healthy, thriving son you have! How awesome!

Dd is also chunking out, although I have no idea how much she's gained. My arms are the judge that she *is* gaining though.

Speaking of weight loss, with all my recent stress I haven't lost the majority of my pregnancy weight. We figure that once my son's out of the hospital (fingers crossed that he does) we'll start to worry about all of that.

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#3 of 26 Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DD2 is still a skinny little thing, I know she is gaining weight but she is definately under 9 lbs still. I have small dc, dd1 just finally hit 28 lbs she will be 4 next month. My pg weight isn't going anywhere. : I did this with dd1, it would not budge until 6m pp, I sure hope that is not the case this time.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#4 of 26 Old 12-06-2006, 10:13 PM

hello all!
Caleigh is six weeks old tomorrow and doing really well! I'm so proud of her and absolutley in love with her - more and more each day. Becoming a mother has been the absolute highlight of my life. Well, that and my wedding day .

She smiles like a fiend. I tickle her all over her belly, ears, and head and she gets this big gummy goofy smile on her face. Her eyes squinch up too. So cute! She's starting to track with her eyes too...she'll follow my hand or an object above her head. She weighed in at 10 lbs 4 oz yesterday - that's a 3 lb 4 oz gain. I think all of the weight went to her cheeks - she's got the cutest chubby face!

As for me, I'm doing really well after the unexpected c-section. I've lost almost all of my pre-pregnancy pounds (22 of 24) and I'm exercising regularly. I missed really working up a sweat throughout my pregnancy... so I walk regularly and am progressing into running. My goal is to run a marathon between Caleigh and our next little one!
#5 of 26 Old 12-08-2006, 09:17 AM

My little guy is doing so well too. He is 6 weeks old and everyone remarks how large he is. (First they say cute, and then they say big!) He is about 13 pounds 12 oz as of right now. He is filling out size 3-6 month clothes. He loves to take baths but he doesn't like to have his feet touched too much. He smiles, laughs, coos and crows SO cutely. He is very laid-back and happy and even patient. He is pretty GASSY though, gee whiz! We are all just so in love with each other!!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#6 of 26 Old 12-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Graham is doing great. He's about 10lbs righ tnow.. I haven't weighed him in a while.. but he feels liek that. LOL We go for a Well check on the 13th so we'll find out fo rsure then. He;s laughing like crazy and smiles constantly.. first smile was at abotu 3 1/2 weeks old. it was the cutest thing! Took us about a week to actually catch it on film though. The older 2 are so in love wiht him and are constantly "helping" it's sometimes more hassle than help buit they think they are doing right.. so oh well. I am 6 lbs lighter than pre pregnancy weight.. but have about 70 more I want to lose.. so we're trucking away at that. We're curious as to what Graham's eye color will be.. it appears to still strongly be blue but we have 2 browns already so never know!
#7 of 26 Old 12-09-2006, 03:04 AM

Sage is doing wonderful. Im guessing from the foodstore scale ( I hold him and then weigh myself without him) he is about 16+LBS.

He is a belly laugher ( the whole belly can jiggle) coos and oooh and ahs, can about army crawl using more of his legs.. will stare at you and make little sounds until you look down at him ( hes in the sling)

He nurses 1-2xs at night. wants to go to bed at about same time as Kai. However since he is still lil when kai falls asleep Sage comes out of the room with DH and I ( if we arent going to bed) then if sage is also asleep i put him in the happy hangup or hold him. then when DH and i go to bed i bring him along. He sleeps until about 9am.

Really getting the hang of when he is about to poop and i change him soo much that as soon as he pees he lets me know. Kai is also pretty aware of knowing when he is about to go..

He has fit into our family just wonderful.. now if i can just upload a pic to someplace lol

michele
#8 of 26 Old 12-09-2006, 03:18 AM

i am up waaay to late however i did this real quicK:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p...slideshow=true
#9 of 26 Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Jove is 7 weeks old today. He's smiling really big and cooing, so sweet. He is so much bigger. He sees the midwife Tues. for a check up and I can't wait to see how much he weighs now. He is also pretty darn active for such a little guy. He loves to stand on me and look around. I love when he gets excited and kicks his legs , it's so cute. We got him a santa suit to wear for x-mas pictures and he is freakin adorable in it.
He also has gotten his first cold. Yep were all sick with colds, I was really hoping he wouldn't get it. My other two were much older before they got colds but they weren't born this time of year.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#10 of 26 Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai View Post
i am up waaay to late however i did this real quicK:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p...slideshow=true

Your kids are so cute!!!

#11 of 26 Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 PM

Michele, he has those big chubba cheeks just like our Teddy. Our son is a very solid boy too, He has gained nearly a pound a week, I love knowing that the sole nourishment he is thriving on is my breastmilk! Isn't that a great feeling? He is getting harder to handle though because he is so tall and heavy for me, (I am 5'1",) but he's still not quite out of the "floppy baby" stage. So I'll be trying to coax a burp out of him and I have to be standing because otherwise his feet will push against my lap and I can't get his tummy relaxed. I had another way I used to like to burp him when he was smaller-- when I was lying down and nursing him in bed, I would roll onto my back, sit him sideways on my tummy with his legs hanging over the left side of my torso, leaning forward with his tummy and chin resting against my left hand, and pat the burp out of him with my right hand. Well now he's too big and strong for me to be able to hold him like that and still have a hand free for patting his back. So burping him isn't quite so simple anymore. He does like to try to stand (push with his legs), but I am cautious about letting him try this. He has rolled over (from back to front) about three times in the past week or so. He holds his head up pretty well but not 100% of the time yet. Oh, and he 'talks' to me, I LOVE that!

Well I have to go nurse, nak and this is too hard :/

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#12 of 26 Old 12-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby View Post
He also has gotten his first cold.
Oh no, what's that like with a newborn. I know that our sons were born on the same day and I am coming down with something but I assumed that the baby couldn't get it. Now you have me a little worried. My other children were born in the spring and summer so they never had colds when they were this young.
#13 of 26 Old 12-10-2006, 02:24 PM

So far he is the least sick out of us. He is just a little snotty but not enough to make it hard for him to breath/nurse and he is a little more fussy and sleepy. I really hope this is the worst of it for him. This is my first experience with a newborn having a cold too but from what I've read bf'ed babes usually don't get too sick or stay sick long.
I hope your little one won't get sick at all though!!

#14 of 26 Old 12-10-2006, 09:39 PM

HI gals, so nice to hear that everyone is doing well!

Dd is doing great. She is so cute and I am so in love with her. It's crazy.

She's 11 lbs at 8 weeks, growing well. Older dd got a mild cold a month ago and little dd and I got it as well. We're over it just fine but the baby still has nasal congestion. It's not draining out her nose or down her throat much either as best as I can tell. It doesn't obstruct her breathing but she does sound snuffly. She's also got some eczema on her forehead and some painful gas in her tummy. We've been doing chiropractic and homeopathic remedies for the gas with a reduction but not elimination of the symptoms. With the combination of issues (the eczema, the gas and the nasal congestion/mucus production) I began to think this was an allergic reaction. I am now 6 days dairy free and am seeing improvements in all three issues so I think I am on to something.

Givign up dairy isn't that big of a challenge to me except that I have three bars of Green & Blacks chocolate in my pantry. (It was on sale at the health food store!) It is calling to me. I think i need to give it away.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#15 of 26 Old 12-10-2006, 09:49 PM

We WERE doing pretty well. Finn is 8 weeks old now and weighs 14 lbs. Unfortunately the cold he had for week and a half suddenly turned into croup and bronchiolitis. I think he got the virus from his sister who had a cold since Thanksgiving. We had the paramedics here early Thursday morning and then I took him to the ER right after (where they gave him some breathing medication and steroids unfortunately). Each night since then (four days ago) has been tough. Last night I didn't sleep AT ALL between the hours of midnight and 6AM because I had to watch every breath he took. This was one of my biggest fears about having a baby this time of year and having a 2.5YO in the house -- that he would catch a cold (or worse) from her. I have been so stressed and sleep deprived. He is just so young to be dealing with this. But he is a good weight, wasn't premature, doesn't have other health issues, and so on, so I can only think the best and try to remain positive. I totally want to isolate us all now however. Damn those germs!

Otherwise DD has been so much better with her baby brother lately. Still can't leave them in the room alone, but she is being really sweet and I love seeing them interact more. Finn is also smiling a lot more (even though he's sick) and I just think he is so darn cute too! I have just been crushed seeing him sick. DD never had colds until she was much older. This is definitely new for us. We are just hanging in there, and again I am so much missing not having family in the area. We feel very alone. I feel especially alone in the middle of the night when DH is asleep and I am watching Finn's every breath. I pray tonight will be better.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#16 of 26 Old 12-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Many healthy vibes to Finn!!
Damn we are supposed to go to our homeschool x-mas party Wednesday.

#17 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

I'm so sorry about all the colds! DS has been a little snuffly on and off but I don't think it qualifies as a cold. But I feel like I have one coming on, so we'll see if I can lick it without DS getting it. Other than that all is well. He is super smily and sociable. He is fascinated with the mobile on his changing table. We had our two month doctor visit today and he gained 3 lbs in a month! He's 11 lbs 12 oz. Is it reallly true that 12 lbs is the magic number where they sleep longer at night? That sure would be nice!
#18 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamama View Post
I'm so sorry about all the colds! DS has been a little snuffly on and off but I don't think it qualifies as a cold. But I feel like I have one coming on, so we'll see if I can lick it without DS getting it. Other than that all is well. He is super smily and sociable. He is fascinated with the mobile on his changing table. We had our two month doctor visit today and he gained 3 lbs in a month! He's 11 lbs 12 oz. Is it reallly true that 12 lbs is the magic number where they sleep longer at night? That sure would be nice!
DS was 12lbs inside his first month - it didn't work!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#19 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 04:44 PM

We had a two month check-up yesterday and dd is already 23" tall and 13lbs 9oz. Wow!! That's almost 4 pounds in two months! I knew she was thriving...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#20 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 06:58 PM

Little one had a check up w/the midwife today. He weighs 9lbs 14oz and is 22". That's up from 6lbs 4oz and 19 3/4" at birth.

#21 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamama View Post
Is it reallly true that 12 lbs is the magic number where they sleep longer at night? That sure would be nice!
I wish this was true! Finn gained 4 lbs his first month of life. Yes, a whole 4 lbs. in one month. He is now 8 weeks and weighs 14 lbs. 4 oz. and is still far from sleeping through the night. But I know some babies do sleep through the night early on. I don't think size has much to do with it however.

Nice to hear how all the other mamas and babes are doing!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#22 of 26 Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM

Lizzie had her 2 month checkup yesterday--weighs 12 lb 5 oz, 23" long. Just getting into the 3-6 mos. stuff. She is sleeping much longer through the night--and has for the past week or so. She has been going to bed about 10 and up to nurse about 4, then back to bed until 7. It has been so nice!! She eats every 2-3 hours during the day, with one longer spell in the day, too (like 4-5 hours).

She has been a real tough baby, lots and lots and lots of crying. I had always heard that 3rd babies were so easy, but not true in our case!! But she is getting much better now and we love her anyway, even if she is moody .

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#23 of 26 Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 AM

We're doing well. I discovered that eating broccoli, while incredibly tasty and delicious, does not a happy nursling make! I've been paying for Monday night's dinner for oh.....24 hours or so. OMG the girl is MAD at me! She's been sleeping peacefully since 10:30pm or so now though, so I'm hoping the worst is over. And just think - it only took me twice to figure it out! I'm getting smarter. :P

Other then that, we're starting to get into a nice groove now. The baby likes to lay on the floor with me and the big girl and watch us. She's cooing and smiling and making what sort of sounds like a little chuckle when we're really amusing to her. I'm glad she's getting more interactive - older babies are so much fun! I like the little newborn worm stage - they're very snuggly and sweet - but not too much fun for playing with.

Not sure what she weighs now. Two weeks ago she was 11 lbs and 23 inches - up from 7lbs 14oz and 10.5 inches at birth. She'll be 8 weeks on Friday.
#24 of 26 Old 12-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Hi everyone,
Ethan is doing great. He is such a joy. We did have weight gain issues in the beggining though. He was 8lbs 14oz when born but lost a pound and stayed at 7lbs 13oz for a couple of weeks. I bought a scale to monitor his weight so I wouldn't have to have the midwife come or go to the doctors office. He is now up to 10 pounds at 7weeks old (today ).

He is laughing and practicing using his voice...and I fall more in love with him all the time.

As far as sleeping, this guy has slept through the night since we brought him home...I actually had to wake him to feed him because of his weight issues. Now he is sleeping from around 10:30pm to 5am and gets a diaper change and feeding and we're back in bed till 8 or 9am. I am truly blessed with this cause even though we get a boat load of sleep, I'm still zonked by the end of the day.
#25 of 26 Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM

It's been 9 weeks since Maytal's birth. Time is flying by, and yet it seems like just yesterday she was born. She is adorable and so sweet natured. Rarely a cry from her unless she's hungry or needs a diaper change. She's been sleeping well all night since her birthday and that in itself has been an enormous blessing. Nursing is going really great for my 2 nurslings. Maytal's up to around 10 1/2 pounds and she's really long--75th percentile. Being the Mom to 7 definately has it's hectic and wildly chaotic times but I'm falling into a better routine, getting out more and more with the 3 youngest during the day. Maytal's taking the world in, she's so alert during the day. She is pretty serious most of the time but every so often she cracks a precious smile and I want to melt it's so cute.
#26 of 26 Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Well my princess is doing great, she doesn't sleep at night, but she recovers during the day...
At her 2 months check up her weigh was 12lbs 15oz, and she's 22 inches, CHUBBY MAMA!
She also has a mild case of cradle cap and is recovering from acne.
I'm loving staying home with her. I'm totally in love with my baby :
I love her big smiles when she wakes up, her smell, her big cheeks, her little hands & feet, her warmth at night when we sleep, the look of relief on her face when she eats, her chubby legs, how she stops crying as soon as I hold her, her strength and how she like's to sit up and specially to stand up!
I love this baby and couldn't have had a bigger blessing!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page