Ha ha ha...DH got a taste of a day in the life of me! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2006, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We put Caleigh down at 9:30 last night and she slept until about 1:30. I nursed her for about 45 minutes and then she slept for another two hours at which point I nursed her again for about 20 minutes. She woke up at 5:30, hungry, and I was exhausted. I had some pumped milk in the fridge so I asked my husband (who has today off from work) to warm it up and take "this feeding". At 6:30 he walked back into the bedroom with Caleigh completely exhausted and overwhelmed.

"She won't go back to sleep!" he tells me.

"So?" I ask and promptly roll back over considering he's in charge of the baby right now.

He walks back out of the room as I sleep for another twenty minutes and finally put him out of his misery at that point. I got up, nused her (she had only taken a couple of ounces by the bottle and was hysterical), changed her diaper, walked around with her, took the dog outside, got the dog his breakfast, etc. at which point she fell back asleep. Put her in her swing in teh bedroom, left note for DH stating I was going out for my run, ran, came back adn lifted weights for half an hour and then finally at 9:00 he emerges from the bedroom. Completely exhausted b/c he had "to be up with her for an hour earlier this morning".

WHAT?!?!? I usually get up at 5:30 with her for the day after having fed her at least once if not twice throughout the night! And he's tired after being up with her for an hour and then going back to bed for TWO MORE?!?!?

Ha ha ha ha ha....men are too funny.
#2 of 3 Old 12-14-2006, 05:25 PM

Men just totally don't get it!
A few weeks ago DH complained that the kitchen was messy (I hadn't done the lunch dishes/cleanup and I'm usually a perfectionist about kitchen cleaning) and I blew off at him. A few days later I just let it go all day long. Then when he came home I said, "This is what it ACTUALLY looks like if I do no work".

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#3 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 12:08 PM

The other day dh made a comment to me about how he didn't understand how we could use so many dishes in ONE day. SERIOUSLY?!?!? I guess he was mad that the baby had been crying while I was at yoga (which I NEEDED) and he thought I would be back in half an hour (um, yoga has always been an hour, 15 min and I've been going all year). This spurned a 2 day fight that was not pretty : I guess we had a few things to work through and I had some hormonal issues . . .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page