how's everyone sleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there,

wanted to find out how everyone's sleep is going - more specifically how are your DC sleeping - how long, how often, etc...

DD has been doing good at night now. We wake to feed q 2-3 hours (even had a 5 hour stint in there - just once though), which is fine for me. We nurse in bed and go right back to sleep. Here is what I'm finding strange. She'll wake up between 7:30 and 9:00am (depending on when we went to sleep) and then go for a 40-60 min nap after an hour of being awake. Then be up for another 1-2 hours and go for a 2-3 hour nap. Then up in the later afternoon for awhile, sometimes until she goes to sleep at 8:30-10:30pm.

I'm glad she sleeps, but just trying to figure out if this is similar to whatever one else is doing or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
DD2 is all over the place. Some nights she wakes up every 2-3 hours, other nights it's every hour, I can count on being awake most of the time from 4-6 if not all of it, and then DD1 wakes up for the day at 6:30am. :

She still sleeps a lot during the day, but I do have some days where she is up quite a bit. I'm really happy to have a sleeper, DD1 never slept this much.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM

My munchkins have their "all over the board" days, but for the most part their days go:
Wake up around 8or9 am, go to bed 2 hrs later for a 1-2hr nap. Then stay up about 3 hrs and sleep another 1-2 hrs. Then they stay up until they are ready to go to bed for the night. Nick is typically in bed by 9pm and Katie around 10:30 -11pm.
Last night was amazing... they were both in bed by 9:30pm and slept today till 8:30am
#4 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM

Caleigh usually gives me about 6 hours when she first goes down (9-3), she'll nurse for 20 minutes and then goes back to bed until about 7.

I'm thrilled....it's really nice to get decent sleep! I try nursing in bed if she wakes up any more than that and it usually helps too.
#5 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 PM

DS is pretty much all over the place. I haven't figured out any daytime routine at all. But the past three nights he's started to go to sleep around 9:30 or 10 instead of somewhere from 11pm - 1am. So, that's a nice change -- I hope he keeps it up! And last night he slept for 6.5 hours for the first time! So nice! He's 3 months today so I guess he's really hitting that landmark.
#6 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 AM

My DD who is 2.5 is up more than the baby now.....
I'm just checking is all!" she'll say.

DS sleep from about 1130ish to 630ish for the past couple weeks..

Michelle, vegan mama to my two sweeties, L, 4/21/04 and C, 10/29/06 married to my Bryce for 20 years.

#7 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 01:57 AM

Jackson is almost always a sleep-through-the-nighter. I just love this boy! He'll have his last feed around 11 or 12 and then sleep until at least 7, but usually closer to 8 or so if I don't have to get up, either.

This the first out of the three who sleeps this well, though. He's been like this since the second or third day. I'm just hoping this pattern sticks!
#8 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 02:50 PM

That sounds about right for daytime sleep. I wish Quentin had a somewhat predictable routine at this point. I can count on him being sleepy after about an hour, but will sometimes be up for 2-3 hours (usually in the evening before bedtime). He'll sometimes take 4-5 mini-naps throughout the day, but seems to be moving toward longer naps now. As far as nightime - he could be up to eat 2-3 times, but has slept a 10 hour stretch a couple of times (of course I am up anyhow leaking and engorged around 4 am ) Usually he sleeps about 5-6 hours before he gets up to nurse the first time.
#9 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 AM

DS is a good sleeper. But he sometimes has nights where he is up until 2am or later crying (we think we figured out why) but other nights he will sleep all through the night except to nurse which neither of us are really all that awake for. He will wake up at around 8 or 9am to nurse and back to sleep until 11 or noon. Then he is up for a while then takes naps off and on until bedtime. Today he has been sleepy more so than usual, I think he isn't feeling too good. :
#10 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 12:56 AM

my heart goes out to all those who don't get larger chunks of sleep...
i hear that a lack of deep-sleep cycle makes for poor, not-fun dreams.
wouldn't want that!
my lil' squeaker is like clockwork at night;

asleep by 7:30
up at 1
alseep by 1:15
up at 5
fidgets/snoozes til we get up at 6:30

though during the day its all over.
but usually if he's up longer than 4 hours at a time, it gets pretty hairy in my house.. :
#11 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM

nak
I was so glad to find this thread this am--I was curious myself!

DD has definitely fallen into a night-time routine...eats around 6:30, to bed around 7:30, up at 1:30 (quick eater, so I'm up less than 15 min.), up again at 4:30, up for the morning around 7-8.

Daytime is another story...I can count on up for about an hour then down for a nap--maybe 45 min-1hour...she still seems sleepy after this time and cranky, I think she needs a bit longer nap, but she just can't seem to stay asleep. Then the rest of the day has about three short naps, none of them at regularly spaced intervals!

She was going to bed later, and would only wake once (oh, that was nice!), but she just can't stay up later anymore...which is fine, it gives me some "me" time at the end of the day. I've tried nursing her before I go to bed, but then she wakes up more at night. So, it's working for us...at least it's fairly predictable and I can get a shower every morning!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page