Am I all alone??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OH how fun, Christine! Yk, this is our 4th, and I couldn't wait to tell him, lol. I called him at work! We'd been trying for awhile, though, and have been ready for 3 yrs.

Let us know how it goes!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 02-27-2006, 03:22 PM

I tested on a whim last night - I was being really crabby at my DH for no good reason, but I was sure it was PMS. Boy was I shocked to see that second line! It was faint at first, and I brought it out to show DH ... and it got more and more distinct! He's so excited! I tested again at 6:30 this morning with first morning urine, and yeah, another BFP.

I'm kind of in shock. We've been talking about TTC #2, maybe starting next month, but apparently a week of tropical vacation, just the two of us, moved things along! DD is 31 months, and weaned the week before we went on vacation - I only got my period back last October!

We're keeping it quiet for now, since it's so early, but I had to tell SOMEONE, and who better than folks at MDC? According to all the online calculators - I wasn't even charting or paying attention, so I don't know when I ovulated! - EDD is November 8.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing the journey!

Mama to DD : (7/23/03) & DS : (10/27/06) married to DH 7/20/01
and yet 90% more mainstream than the rest of MDC
#33 of 38 Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM

can i join you ladies? we weren't really trying but weren't preventing either. i was starting to feel tired and pukey, so i tested a few days ago. line didn't show up within the 30 seconds or so it's taken me to get a positive for my past pregnancies so i tossed it out. took my son up to the potty a few minutes later and dug it out of the trash just to make sure. of course i've tested every day since.

anyway, i'm morgan, i have two littles already, and i'm so excited about adding a third!!
#34 of 38 Old 03-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Congrats Lady Madonna and mbhf!!!!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#35 of 38 Old 03-02-2006, 07:04 PM

I am Kim. This is my first baby. Hubby has two teenagers from prev marriage.

I am so excited!!!! I cant wait to learn from all you current momma's out there.

I have an OB appt tomorrow to confirm with blood test. My last period was 1/21 or so (it only lasts about 3 days). I tested 2/18 neg, tested 2/23 since still no period neg again, still no period yesterday so I tested and got 2 lines!!!!

I want to use a birth center and am discussing (fighting) with my insurance about it. Hubby and I are too frightened to try Homebirth on this one. The birthing center is only like 30 feet from Hospital and that makes us feel better. Hopefullly no need for it. Want to do the water thing at the birthing center

Yippie we have been trying since Sept. I have never been so EXCITED in my life. I didnt realize how much I wanted a baby until I saw those two lines.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#36 of 38 Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Lady Madonna, Morgan, and Kim!!! Welcome!

Kim, I'm in NO WAY trying to start a debate or anything like that,,,just curious if the birth center would be a mw birth or w/an ob? Why are you scared to homebirth? Are you aware of the safety of homebirth vs. hospitals or even birth centers for a low-risk pregnancy? If you are interested, I'd be happy to help dig that info up for ya! Being pg w/the first one can be kinda scary, and lots of drs will introduce many more unnecessary scare tactics into a pregnancy. I always hate to see first time moms be more scared than what's normal.

I've had a hospital cesarean (unnecessary), a freestanding birth center vbac, and a home water birth. Hopefully, I'll never have to birth on land again, lol! Waterbirth ROCKS!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#37 of 38 Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 PM

I want to do Waterbirth in the birth center with a MW. Going to see Ob for conf I am prego becasue I can get into her fast and only pay 15 co pay.

I have a great friend who did homebirth last time. She loved it. I am just not ready to take that step even though MW brings everything....Except whirlpool.

Birth Center is a big step for me actually. I was all for Hospital and OBuntil my friend showed me the stats about inducing and c-section.

I really dont "feel' pregnant. It is weird. I expected to be sick, tired, or bloated. So far nothing, I did have a little tiny bleeding mon night and tues morn. I think it was implanting bleeding

#38 of 38 Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
Congratulations, Lady Madonna, Morgan, and Kim!!! Welcome!

Kim, I'm in NO WAY trying to start a debate or anything like that,,,just curious if the birth center would be a mw birth or w/an ob? Why are you scared to homebirth? Are you aware of the safety of homebirth vs. hospitals or even birth centers for a low-risk pregnancy? If you are interested, I'd be happy to help dig that info up for ya! Being pg w/the first one can be kinda scary, and lots of drs will introduce many more unnecessary scare tactics into a pregnancy. I always hate to see first time moms be more scared than what's normal.

I've had a hospital cesarean (unnecessary), a freestanding birth center vbac, and a home water birth. Hopefully, I'll never have to birth on land again, lol! Waterbirth ROCKS!
Had the consulation/pregnancy conf appt OB/GYN yesterday. LONG (I was there from 2:30-4:30) story short I spent 15 min with a nurse pract and 2 seconds with the actual doctor AND they want to schedule me for an 11 week US even though they say everything looks good now. ALso said they induce when you go past week 40, they encourage c-section if you have been in labor 22-24 hours because "baby is probably in distress" and couldnt give me a c-section rate, but reminded me that they probably do more becasue they are a hospital based practice and mothers in emergency room would be included in their figures. Couldnt get out of there fast enough....

On to the birthing center luckily I have quite awhile to sort it out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page