Am I all alone??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I think since I am a 10-month mama I should start here instead of Oct. My edd is actually 10-22, but I will surely go over like I always do, lol.

My name is Vikki, and I'm sleeeeeeepy!!! But very happy after ttc for 1 1/2 yrs!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#2 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi vikki!
im liz and my due date is the 21st (i think). i just took a test two days ago, after my period was two days late.this is my third pregnancy . i have a 5 (almost6)year old son, a four year old step son and a 21 month old daughter.
congratulations on your long awaited pregnancy!!!
how are you feeling so far?

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#3 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Liz! Congrats!!!

I'm sleepy, bbs are very sore, and I've gagged/heaved a few times already. The more times you've been pg, the faster those symptoms start showing up, lol. I cannot believe how tired I am. I just got my prenates from my mw, so hopefully they will help. She said they are the best she's found yet!

Are you having any symptoms yet? I'm sure I"ll get more yarky as the days go by, lol.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#4 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 PM

I'm not pg, but I am Chicky2's best friend and wanted to say CONGRATS to her again, as well as all you other proud mamas-2-B!! Love ya, Vikki, and to all: have fun on your wonderful adventure!
#5 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Awwww, I feel honored to be the reason for your very first post here at MDC!!!!!! You sweetie!

But, gotta ask.... are you stalking me???? : :

#6 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 06:00 PM

Congrats to all who post here!!!

I had my DD in November.. actually been thinking a lot about it and wondering when mamas here would be finding out. My DD bday is the 18th (EDD-20th). I did not find out that we were preg with her until March 13th. I had gotten preg the last week of Feb.

Happy Baby Making this month to ALL...
#7 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 06:05 PM

Joining in here. I got a faint bfp yesterday and am hoping for a stronger one tomorrow morning. Tuesday will be 18 dpo. My due date is at the end of October (28th or so) but I will be telling family and friends that the baby is expected in early November. The last few weeks are hard enough without people pestering me about why I haven't had the baby yet. I think November 11 sounds like a very good due date.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#8 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Tana! Congrats!

I'm confused about my edd. I calculated it according to the day I ovulated, which was Jan. 28 or the 29th. It said 10-22 for the edd. But when I went and numbered the wks on my desk calendar, the 40th Sunday would be Nov. 5! So if I carry over, which I'm sure I will, my mw won't be able to be here! Oh no!!! SHe's getting married in the middle of Nov. I'd already planned to have apprentices do the postpartum, but now I'm thinking maybe I should go w/another mw! I had my mw for the last 2 births. I really want her! Wah!!!

edited to add: why the diff in counting from lmp, adding 7 days, then subtracting 3 mos, then adding a year, instead of just counting forward on the calendar from date of ovulation? And why don't I know the answer already, lol? I'm going crazy already.

#9 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 09:33 PM

It's 40 weeks from your LMP or 38 weeks from when you ovulated. They usually count from your LMP since that is what most women know.

#10 of 38 Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Tana, thanks! I don't know why I couldn't remember! Pg brain already???

#11 of 38 Old 02-18-2006, 12:01 PM

Greetings mamas!
I am Jody, mother to Annabug who is 2 1/2, and after almost a year of ttc, #2 is finally on the way. Our edd is the first week in Nov., but we shall have to see about that.
Is everyone else as tired as I am? I teach in a school for the emotionally disturbed, and I am finding it difficult to keep up with my kids this week. Thank goodness we have a vacation next week. I really need the rest. Oh, and does anyone else have a terminally stuffed nose? This is how I knew I was really pregnant. I had a permanently stuffed nose with my last pregnancy too. Yuck.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#12 of 38 Old 02-19-2006, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Jody, I am VERY tired. ALL the time, lol. Ugh. And yeah, I've got the stuffy nose, too. If I hadn't known I'm pg, I probably would have thought I was getting sick. It's been soooo dry here, too, and that doesn't help at all! Saline nose spray or a netti pot really help alot! CONGRATS!!!!

#13 of 38 Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else showing yet? I cannot believe the belly I woke up w/a few days ago. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm farther along than I said. No, I'm very certain of my dates, lol. I know when I ovulated, so there's really no mistaking it. I look 4-5 mos pg already, but this isn't my first baby, so I guess that's why I blew up, lol. I'll see if I can post a pic of my belly....

#14 of 38 Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know if this'll work....

[img=http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/359/preggobelly3wks2jp.th.jpg]

#15 of 38 Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 PM

I just found out last night. . According to my LMP my due date is Nov. 3 but I'll more than likely have this little one in late Oct.

Congrats everyone. I look forward to spending this pregnancy with you.

Oh and we aren't telling anyone yet so don't tell.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#16 of 38 Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yay, congratulations to you all!! I'm not pg now, but had my ds this past Nov. Chatting & laughing & sharing with all the rockin' women from my Nov'05 DDC was sooooo much fun. We had a great 9mos together, as I'm sure you will all, too! I'm so excited for you guys, eat up every moment, time FLIES!

(Just so you know, I'm sure I'll be peeking in on you all over the coming months, for nostalgia's sake )

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#17 of 38 Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 AM

Chicky2, I am not showing yet. However, I aleady have a tummy so I am sure it will be mistaken for "showing" for a while. My pants still fit fine too, though I'm thinking of buying a couple pairs a size larger.

#18 of 38 Old 02-20-2006, 01:09 PM

I'm just really bloated. I don't remember being this bloated with my other 2. My pants are snug.

Chicky2, you do look like you are showing already in that pic.

#19 of 38 Old 02-20-2006, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

LOL, it is bigger now! I know i"m not off on my dates, or at least I'm 98% sure I'm not...I had a tummy, but not nearly like this, lol!!!

#20 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM

Hi ladies I am not totally sure yet that I am pg but if I am I will be due 11-07-06. I am very bloated myself and already look a few months pg. Hopefully I will get a for sure BFP soon. I got a faint one today at 8dpo.
#21 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Jessica! I posted to you on another board. I'll bet that if you got a bfp you are knocked up! yay!

#22 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 02:50 PM

Welcome and Congrats Jessica!! Hope you BFP is darker the next time you test!!

#23 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome!! Hopefully by next week I will know for sure!
#24 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Hey! I got my BFP today (one FRER, one clearblue easy digital,) and FF has my EDD at Nov 1, so I'm just BARELY eeking into this group!!

(Hi, pageta! Hi, jessjill!)

I'm not changing my siggy for a bit - I know that I can't really "jinx" anything, but I'm not risking it!

This will be my first baby, so I hope y'all are ready for 9 months of questions !

H&H9 to all - can't wait to spend some time with you!

Christine

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#25 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Christine! I'd do a nice smilie for ya, but for some reason, i can't get any of them to come up today, lol.

Congrats and ask alllll the questions you want/need! I promise I won't think any of them are silly, lol. I still get ?s now and then, and this is my 4th!

#26 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 PM

Hi Mamas and Mamas to be,

I am the mother of an awesome 10 year-old boy, and I'm a special ed teacher who LOVES kids! I am at CD 28, have had pangs for the last 6 days, think I ovulated at CD 15, had sex from CDs 10-13....boobs are big and tender, tired, a little nauseous today...and I'm just so hoping that I'm pregnant! My partner and I would be thrilled. I have been here before though, same symptoms, and ended up not being pregnant, so I am just having to wait! I don't want to test yet. I am almost 37 and my cycle length varies a bit. The last 2 cycles have been 28 and 29 days, and in my previous pregnancies I got a BF at CD 31 and 33. At this point it could totally go either way, and I just wanted to say hello to all of you, who KNOW what this is like!!!!!!!! If I am pregnant, my DD would be around 11/1/06, very close to several of you. Also, I am making a bridesmaid's dress for my brother's wedding at Labor Day and would need to ask my future sister in law for another couple yards of fabric!

I'm trying hard to not to obsess and think of baby names already!

Laurie

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#27 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Laurie, I'll be thinking +++++++++++ for you! I had too many disappointing 2ww and it got old really fast. G/L! Btw, as soon as I got mad at dh and we didn't dtd but once at O time, I got knocked up, rofl!

#28 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 09:55 PM

hey everyone! i am so excited to be posting this! i just got my bfp this morning. my edd is 11/2 based on my ovulation date. this will be our first!!
-amy

~Amy~ Wife to my best friend Brandon. Mama to my sweet girl Eden (11/6/06) and my little man Theo (6/25/09)
#29 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 10:18 PM

Hi Christine!! Good to see you here!!

Laurie: I am sure hoping you get to join the nov club!! Me and your both!!

Amy: A BIG congrats on your BFP!!
#30 of 38 Old 02-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

I'll be telling DH when he calls tonight - he left Friday for a three-week business trip. Of COURSE that means this is the month I'm pg, and there's no way I can "hold" the news till I see him again.

I am so dying for him to call - plus I know I'll need at least 2 hours afterward to calm down so I can get some sleep . I haven't been this excited since, well . . . .ever!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page