Can I test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all you glowing mommies. (Ok, glowing may be a little extreme).
Should I test? Today I am 7dpo. Just kind of YIKES about testing and it being negative.

And sorry for not saying..CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!! May you slide right on through this whole time with no problems or complications!

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 PM

It would be a little early but it's possible if your little one has implanted you would get a + (well this how I understand it anyway, I could be completely wrong). Good luck, I hope you do join us!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 7 Old 02-21-2006, 06:10 PM

I would wait longer. I tested today at 8dpo and got a very faint positive but I am in no shape ready to say I am for sure pregnant. Now I am just really dying to know. Good luck!
#4 of 7 Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 PM

It's not often that a positive would show at all and not be accurate, btw.

I would wait a bit longer to test. I got a BFP at 12dpo, and it was sooooooo fast and dark I was shocked! AF wasnt' due for 4 days yet, and I used Equate w/the purple cap.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#5 of 7 Old 02-22-2006, 06:58 PM

I took another test today and got a BFN! So I am thinking it was a evaporation line even though it was pink. It didn't stay on the test but about 30 mins and then disappeared.
#6 of 7 Old 02-22-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjillbolyer
I took another test today and got a BFN! So I am thinking it was a evaporation line even though it was pink. It didn't stay on the test but about 30 mins and then disappeared.

So today you are 9dpo? What kind of test is it? You can go to www.peeonastick.com and look up your test and see if it is known for false positives or evap. lines.
Hang in there!

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM

I got a very faint positive at 9dpo with my last pregnancy, and this one a positive at approx. 11dpo (don't know for sure because I wasn't charting this time around.) (I was using really sensitive "early detection" tests, too.) Really, waiting until 14 dpo is much safer. But I never can make myself wait, and I test daily from a ridiculously early point, disappointing myself repeatedly until I get that positive.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page