Let's just get those names out there! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I plan to have the two names I like best picked out (don't even know if we'll find out the gender) & unless (when babies born) s/he really doesn't look like the name suits him/her, that's the one we'll use.
#32 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 01:17 AM

If we have a girl she'll be Ava Elizabeth :
If we have a boy he'll be Logan James:

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#33 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 AM

FOr girls..and I'm feeling girly...
Angela (Angie)
Shannon
Diana (for Diana Krall, and my dd Carly was named for Carly Simon)
Kelly
Ryann
Kyle
Desty

Not sure for boys...but I like names that can be 'initial names' TJ, RJ, etc
#34 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 10:32 AM

I have problems picking out names...I'm a teacher of young children...even 1 yr olds on Fridays come fro a therapeutic playgroup....so I see lots of names and I can also see the trends. That really causes me to discount many names I would otherwise like YKWIM?

My ds wasn't named until after birth.

I only have on fav...Clover for a girl but dh HATES it...he knew a Clover and she wasn't a nice person.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#35 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 10:57 AM

we have been putting names down on a list so far we only have 3 girls names and 3 boys names.

Girls
Makaydee(this is my fav)
Nora
Heidi(this is DW's fav)

Boys
Spencer(this is DW's fav)
Marley
Kendrick(this is my fav)

we did the same thing last time when i was pregnant with my son and we stuck with our favourite. i am so in love with the name Makaydee at the moment i am hoping i have a girl. but we wont know what we are having until they are born so i am sure our list will grow a million miles long before that time.
#36 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 03:12 PM

We have a boy name Nathan Blair. Blair is for my father-in-law. He died last year. I like the idea of calling him "baby nate"

For a girl we arent sure (DH is POSITIVE baby will be a boy so he isnt much use discussing girl names)
I like
Olivia Blair
Anna Blair
Elise Blair
Emma Blair
Sumner Blair (LOVE the name Sumner, but made the mistake of naming a cat that in college. cant bring myself to name a baby after my deceased cat. )

I probably wont use Olivia or Emma because they seem so popular.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#37 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 07:32 PM

For a girl (For which I am hoping)
I'm thinking:
Clover
Sage
Noelle
Rebekah Jane
Hannah
Denae

For a boy I'm thinking:
Andrew James
Noah
Jonah
Paul
Aaron Thomas

that's it for now, but we change our minds often, lol

aknit.gif trekkie.gif mama to DS reading.gif and DD energy.gif autismribbon.gif  

#38 of 53 Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
I have problems picking out names...I'm a teacher of young children...even 1 yr olds on Fridays come fro a therapeutic playgroup....so I see lots of names and I can also see the trends. That really causes me to discount many names I would otherwise like YKWIM?
When my DH and I were dating, he told me that he really liked the name Mikaela, and I fell in love with it - never heard of it. After we were married, we moved to a TINY little town, and there are Mikaelas and Kaylas EVERYWHERE. And when we go to the "big city" for shopping, almost every time we hear someone yelling, "Mikaela... get back here" or "Mikaela... where are you?"

It really got to me because I've never been one to follow a trend. I went to a small school for elementary, and there were 5 girls in my 7th grade class... three were Jenny, Jenni, and me... Gen. Ever since then, I said I'd never do a trendy name.

But we really like Mikaela - and that's still our top choice for a girl (would have been ds's name).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
I only have on fav...Clover for a girl but dh HATES it...he knew a Clover and she wasn't a nice person.
And that's exactly why my list of names stays so short... I'll love a name and my husband knows someone that had that name that he didn't get along with - and vice versa.
#39 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Makaydee(this is my fav)
I dunno what it is but I smile when I hear that name!

8 might be enough
#40 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 08:36 AM

Here's our update.

Derek William if it's a boy.

If it's a girl, (and I have a feeling it is) we're in trouble. Dh doesn't like either of my girl ideas--Margaret (Maggie) or, Viola Grace.

Anyone want to brainstorm with me? Viola was my grandmother's name, and if I can't use it as a first name, I WILL use it as a middle name. What goes with that?

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#41 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 11:14 AM

Last time we were pregnant we said we would come up with names we liked and wait on a first name until we spent some time with the baby. Because some names just have a "look" that goes with them imo. We also decided to do 2 middle names and take one name from each family.

I was convinced I was having a girl and the big three names I liked were Chlöe, Zöe, and Olivia. Two days before my planned section (bad idea looking back) my sister called from Germany where she was au-pairing and said "I like the name Lauren." I liked Lauren as well and it was on our list but it was down around the middle. Hours after she was delivered and I finally got to hold her I looked at my little girl and announced her name was Lauren. Surprised dh quite a bit. Her full name is Lauren Elizabeth Linnea A__________-L_________ (last names).

For this baby we have only one girl name picked out: Nova Elin Marie. I'm originally from Nova Scotia and I lovelovelove the fact that her name will mean something and with ties to family being so important to me....

For a boy I like Lennon and Cohen. Dh nixed Cohen right away. We both like Vincent but my sister claims everyone will call him Vinny Bobarino (Welcome Back Kotter) I don't think so but it is one of those things that someone says and it sticks with you. We're looking at Lennon Joesph Ellis or Vincent Joesph Ellis. But then I might just make something up on the spot.

I really really want another girl so I can use the name Nova.
#42 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 PM

Ooo...I wanna play! IF I'm pg, I'm due 11/30 but I'm 13 dpo with a BFN but major sxs starting this afternoon so here's hoping for a nice surprise. We already started in on names, and have come up with anything K or J or celtic/gaelic as DS's name is a Gaelic derivitive and my name is celtic, and DP is Scottish so we'll see. I kinda like some of the D irish names....Donovan, etc. as well as Kane, Karson, Kadyn. For a girl though, we're pretty set on Koster Elizabeta (or Elizabetha depending)
#43 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 08:51 PM

Please don't mind me popping in here...

If I'm pregnant, I'll be due in December. But, nobody's over on that board yet, so I'm here.

My name list:

Girls
Alexandria
Kamali ("Molly" for short)
Maya Angelina (my favorite so far)
Ariana
Ayla Marketta (#2 fave)
Chandra
Lilliana
Mahalia
Michaela
Olivia
Solana

Boys
Aron (this will be the middle name)
Braeden
Caleb
Damien
Damon
True
Aiden
Donovan
Edan
Keagan
Joachin
Jericho

I've noticed most of the girls names I like end in an "A", and most of the boys names I like end in an "N". I have a feeling it's a girl.
#44 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 09:49 PM

What does everyone think of the name Alba? I got it from a book & kind of like it. Plus I don't know anyone named it!
#45 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 11:00 PM

what does Alba mean? I know it has a meaning but it escapes me.
I think "albany"....when I hear it...cause whenever we go to NYC we have to go to Albany first...

8 might be enough
#46 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 PM

lol do any of you go throug this you think a name you've picked is slightly original only to find it on the "A" list of many people? I have two friends who named their kids completely unique names...Madison and Mackenzie until they actually took them to the playground didn't realise how popular they were..

I see Kane is very popular now, but I am choosing it as its special to me so......but would people just think I got all fru fru with the spelling?
Catháin vs Kane? Catháin is the original Gaelic, so I feel stronger to picking that than Kane/Keanne etc... or just combine them both Catháinick... lol so dh can get his 'ick'....

8 might be enough
#47 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 11:10 PM

Shiloh, how about the name Kenickie (from Grease). I know a guy with that name and he is AWESOME.
#48 of 53 Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Shiloh, how about the name Kenickie (from Grease). I know a guy with that name and he is AWESOME.
Gradeschool bestfriend was named Kechnie I had huge crush on boy he was gorgeous but a little ..... well good looking but not very bright....dh wants the name to end in 'ick' stop.... he's so corny sometimes.... ALthough Kenick isn't so bad....I am not sure about hte ie...

8 might be enough
#49 of 53 Old 03-23-2006, 12:07 AM

ALBA
Usage: Italian, Spanish
Pronounced: AHL-bah
Means "dawn" in Italian or Spanish
: I didn't even think of it sounding like Albany, thanks! BTW, all threw highschool I loved the name Lydia, but it's just too popular for me now, I saw two at the store the other day *rolls eyes*
#50 of 53 Old 03-23-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh
lol do any of you go throug this you think a name you've picked is slightly original only to find it on the "A" list of many people?
That's what happened with us and Mikaela (I posted about this just a few above). We thought it was so orriginal - hadn't ever heard it (at least not a lot) until we moved here... and now it seems like every other girl is named that where we live. It's become a joke to us everytime we hear it now.

But we're still set on that name for a girl. There's nothing saying that she'll grow up here with all the others - and even if she does, she won't be going to school with them.

Then again, that's a lot of assumptions that this baby (or any future ones) will be a girl!
#51 of 53 Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 AM

I am not that fond of Mac names..I don't put Micheala into the Mac category as its really Micheal-a. But names for girls that start with Mac I guess bug me as first it means son of.... my bf (black) named his daughter a name that translates into son of the white man...funny but....

8 might be enough
#52 of 53 Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh
my bf (black) named his daughter a name that translates into son of the white man...funny but....
That's great!!!

Yeah, seriously, we love the name. I saw someone in another ddc talking about names... said she always wanted to name her child Ryan. Her cousin had a boy in December that they named Ryan, and there are a bunch of Brians in their family. So she said, "You know what... so what? He'll be MY Ryan." And I loved that attitude!

So, if Zy is a girl... she'll be OUR Mikaela
#53 of 53 Old 03-24-2006, 10:09 PM

Girls
Krystyna
Charlize
Wenonah
Raven
Dakota

Boys
River
Hunter
Dakota
Montana
*yes I know some of these are States but they sound very rugged

And I like Nova that someone else posted

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page