Let's just get those names out there! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 02-21-2006, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know, I know....I don't even know if I'm pregnant yet, but I want to share names just because it's fun. If not this time around, perhaps for later.

Boys I like:
Leith
Finn
Truman
Declan
Seamus
Willem
Henry
Oscar (middle name)

Girls:
Chloe
Sophie (common I know)
Nora
Isobel
Eva

Any other mamas?

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#2 of 53 Old 02-21-2006, 06:41 PM

If we have another boy, he'll be: Alexander Michael
That was decided a while ago.

A girl is more difficult. If my DS had been a girl, he'd have been Adriana Hope. But, neither of us like that name much now.
I really like:
Sierra
Kiera
Maya
Ava

I like Emily, and I think it's traditional enough that DH would go for it, but I had a cousin named Emily who died, and I feel like her sister has the right to use that name for a child, and I really don't.

I wouldn't mind naming my daughter after my grandmother, Mary, or my foster mom, Jane. But, naming a child Mary Jane just isn't done anymore.

DH wants to name a girl Alexandra. But, that's just too close to Alexander for me.

We'll just have to keep discussing it. We have a while to make up our minds!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#3 of 53 Old 02-21-2006, 06:44 PM

First names:
Violet
Ellis
Jove
Linden

Middle names:
Mae
Echo
Nova
Lotus
Faye
Luna

I wanted to name my ds had he been a dd Sophie.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#4 of 53 Old 02-21-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
Lotus.
Last time, I tried to convince DH of Lotus Jewel for a girl and Sage for a boy. Both were totally nixed. I'm not even trying this time!

#5 of 53 Old 02-21-2006, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ooooo I LOVE Ellis! Reminds me of the esteemed jazz pianist Ellis Marsalis.

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#6 of 53 Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM

We are thinking Ayla Rain or Ayla Rose for a girl, but NO CLUE on boy names, lol. My dh keeps coming up w/things like Hercules Xavier, and I just have to give him 'that look'. Weirdo.

We want a *mighty* name for a boy, but not too weird. My ds's name is Christofer Wolfgang, my youngest dd is Hanah Starr, and oldest dd is Breena Shey. We like slightly traditional, but also slightly unusual names, lol. I want an earthy name for this baby.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#7 of 53 Old 02-22-2006, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

It's fun to hear all of your ideas. I also like Willa, Alix and Drew for girls, and Samuel for a boy. Have a great day!

#8 of 53 Old 02-22-2006, 09:06 PM

expecting the BFp this weekend, but I'll play along if it's a girl, she'll be either margaret grace (we'll call her maggie) or rose margaret (we'll call her rosie). Fo ra boy, it's either Jack patrick, or if I can get Dh to agree, Padraig Sean.
#9 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 09:19 AM

We still have Caroline Elizabeth that we didn't use on ds...and for a boy, ds is Ben so we thought we'd name the second boy Joey...like Ben and Joey (not Ben and Jerry). So Joseph something - we have not settled on a second name yet, in part because DH had to blab to his family what they were and his mom suggested DH's middle name "Patrick" which I had already thought of, but I am not letting my MIL name my kids! So, we have eight months to come up with a middle name for Joseph. It was a five minute conversation when I was pg with Ben (Benjamin Thomas) - no such luck this time.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#10 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 09:28 AM

Sophia (not Sophie) is in our Top 5 for a girl too.

I am name obsessed, so I have a looong list of names for both sexes.

Girls:

Annabel(le), Anna, Azalea, Amaris, Amara, Amira, Amaya, Aisha, Anaïs, Anjali, Aine, Anwen, Annika, Aislin, Aoife, Avalon, Alice
Brontë, Beatrix
Clara, Chiara, Charlotte, Chandra, Catarina, Catherine, Catalina, Carys, Ceridwen, Cecilia, Cecily, Catriona, Caoimhe (KEE-va), Calla
Deva
Eve, Emma, Emilia, Ella, Eliza, Elisabeth, Esmé, Enya
Francesca, Freya
Grace, Georgia, Gwyneth, Gaia
Helena
India, Indira, Imogen, Isobel
Jayne, Jaya, Jospehine, Jemima
Katherine, Kallista, Kalyani, Karolina, Kira
Linnea, Liadan, Lila, Leela, Leila, Leilani, Lucy, Lydia
Maeve, Maya, Mari, Magdalene, Magdalena, Madeleine, Mairead, Moira, Malia
Niamh, Nadia, Naomi, Nimue
Océane, Olga
Priya
Rose, Raina
Sinead, Shanti, Skye, Sophia/ Sofia, Sitara, Soraya, Saoirse, Shalom, Sonnet
Tara, Talulla
Violet, Vera, Viola
Willow
Xiomara, Xanthe
Yasmin, Yaromira, Yoko
Zara, Zahira, Zahara, Zen, Zoë

Boys:

Alaric, Alistair, Asher, Arun, Arjun, Amitabh, Akira, Aidan, Aodhan
Bennett, Bodhi
Ciaran, Callum, Cyrus
Declan, Dev
Elias, Eliot, Evan
Frédéric, Francis, Felix
Gareth
Hamish, Hari
Jasper, Jude
Kai, Kiran, Kieran, Keanu, Kalyan, Kairav (nn Kai), Kavi (poet)
Luca, Lucas, Leo, Liam, Lennon
Micah, Max, Matteo, Milo
Nicolai (Nico)
Oliver
Rowan, Rohan, Ravi, River, Rhys, Riordan
Sebastian
Taj, Tariq, Tobias (Toby), Tadhg, Teagan, Tao, Tai (Chinese - peaceful)
Václav
Willem, William
Yasir
Zahir

How are we EVER going to choose? Any input??

My DS is Kiran Francis.

Kiran is a Sanskrit name which means 'ray of light', and Francis is after St. Francis of Assisi. We didn't finalise his name until a week or two before he was born.
#11 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 09:29 AM

BTW, I don't test until another 2 weeks from now, so this is all theoretical at the moment.
#12 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

eternal grace,

thanks for your list! You have alot of Gaelic and Celtic names. My BF loves Anya, which is the pronounced spelling of one of your choices, Aine.

#13 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvingMama
eternal grace,

thanks for your list! You have alot of Gaelic and Celtic names. My BF loves Anya, which is the pronounced spelling of one of your choices, Aine.
I'm in England, near the Welsh border, so I'm lucky in that I get to hear a lot of interesting Welsh, Gaelic and Celtic names. I love names with a history, and a great meaning behind them, so my list has names from many different cultures. It will be SO hard to decide.
#14 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 PM

DD would have been Asher William if she'd been a boy, so we may go with that. (I have this idea that this baby will be a boy.) Asher was a son of Jacob (my DH's name) and means "happy." William is my grandfather's name.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#15 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 PM

I LOVE the name Asher!!!!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#16 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 06:08 PM

Just popping in from October to check out baby names (I'm obsessed with baby names!)

Laurie, our second son is called Declan It's a lovely name! However, both Declans I know can be a real handful (my friend has a 6yr old Declan). We've decided it must be the name

Congratulations to all the newly pregnant mamas! I must go do some laundry while I have some energy and don't feel nauseous...
#17 of 53 Old 02-23-2006, 09:06 PM

k i dont even know if i can join this club yet, cause we dtd on the 13th 15th and18th O'd (early!!!) on the 19th and DTD on the 19th and 21st, figuring might as well, we already have a HUGE chance, why not, if our son wants to be here that badly, let him come.

we have two little boys names picked out but i KNOW its either Rupert Finnegan McBride A(lastname)
or Riley Finnegan McBride A(lastname) he feels like my lil Finn baby.

our second boys name we have picked is Allastaire (not sure on the spelling of that one yet) Thorin McBride A(lastname)

Morgan my husband has two middle names, Thane and McBride(for his clan) so we decided all of our children would have two middle names, and our sons would pass on the McBride name.

IF this baby happens to be a girl, its Maddigan Zinnia Thane A(lastname)
Addy's full name is Adelaine Dahlia Lee A(lastname) Dahlias and Zinnias are my two favorite flowers, and Lee is my moms middle name. so a flower middle name, and a second middle name in honor of a family member. thats our lil girl middle name picking method.

but seeing as a little boy spirit keeps hanging out with me, and Addy has been calling him Finn, and Finney, i am like 90% its a boy.
and i am not even 1% possitive i am pregnant yet.
i just have a HUGE hunch.
i wasnt "supposed" to ovulate till the 23rd, so we thought we were playing it safe dtd early, then BAM ovulation on the 19th.
so IF i am pregnant, i am "due" nov 14th.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#18 of 53 Old 02-24-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

OK wimmin......so soon after my BFP, my partner and I are set on Sara Pearce C________ (3 syllable last name). I like Joe (Joseph or Jonas) for a boy - simple, not terribly common now as maybe 5 years ago, and cool. Of course, this could change..............

Laurie

#19 of 53 Old 02-24-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
I LOVE the name Asher!!!!
Thank you! Apparently my husband does too, as he's informed me that he's unwilling to consider any other boy names. So...I guess if we're having a boy, Asher it will be.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#20 of 53 Old 02-24-2006, 02:10 PM

Well, now it looks like Serena Hope, Maya, and Alessandra are in the lead at my house. Kira, Talia, and Riley are also in the running...

#21 of 53 Old 02-24-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi
Well, now it looks like Serena Hope, Maya, and Alessandra are in the lead at my house. Kira, Talia, and Riley are also in the running...
Kira and Serena were the two names we were considering for DD. We went with Kira, so if this one turns out to be a girl (I do suspect a boy) we may very well go with Serena. I think maybe not though, just because Kira did turn out to be a very, very easy to care for baby and toddler. I doubt another girl would turn out to be nearly as "serene," and I'd probably feel the name didn't fit.

#22 of 53 Old 02-27-2006, 02:54 PM

If we have a boy, he'll be John Henry S(last name), probably nicknamed Jack. DH is very seriously set on this (it's a family name), so that's settled.

A girl name will be debated right up to the end. DD is Laura Grace S(last name), and Laura wasn't even on the list, but when I saw her, that was her name! We considered a lot of names, and for a long time the front-runner was Anna. So maybe this one will be an Anna. I *love* the name Willa, but DH nixed it last time.

I'm a fan of simple old-school names, and names that reflect our families' histories. I'm sure we'll be debating this for, oh, the next 9 months or so!

Mama to DD : (7/23/03) & DS : (10/27/06) married to DH 7/20/01
and yet 90% more mainstream than the rest of MDC
#23 of 53 Old 02-27-2006, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas,

How's everyone doing this week?

I have a new short list of names....it's so fun to think about this little person and imagine calling him or her by name!

Boys -
Charlie
Boone
Jonah or Josiah (Joe)
Hayes
Silas

Girls-
Nora
Sara
Molly
Lucy
Hana
Anya

Happy thinking!

#24 of 53 Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
We are thinking Ayla Rain or Ayla Rose for a girl, but NO CLUE on boy names, lol. My dh keeps coming up w/things like Hercules Xavier, and I just have to give him 'that look'. Weirdo.

We want a *mighty* name for a boy, but not too weird. My ds's name is Christofer Wolfgang, my youngest dd is Hanah Starr, and oldest dd is Breena Shey. We like slightly traditional, but also slightly unusual names, lol. I want an earthy name for this baby.
Congrats! I'm not pregnant, but I'm O'ing and feeling the baby fever.....

Anyway, we almost named my daughter Ayla Rain. Right up to the minute she was born, I thought that would be her name. She was born with beautiful light red hair though and she was just glowing, so she ended up being Ayla Star instead. Plus, the more I thought about it, Ayla Rain reminded me of Lorraine, for some reason. I'm a weirdo.

I just thought that was funny. I haven't seen too many Ayla babies yet! You already used the name Starr. My husband's name is Kristopher. I think that we're cosmic twins or something.

Wishing you a H&H 9 months.
#25 of 53 Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 PM

I have an ever growing list of names I'd like to use, some of which are:
Girls- Willa, Willow, Madalyn, Macie, Kimberlyn, Scotlyn, Kyrin, Kylen, Kylie, Kyla, Kyra, Kira, Abagail, Brenna, Rebeka, Irelyn
Boys- Kendrick, Colin, Coulier, Dannen, Brennen, Davis
My top 3 are:
Girls:
Kenya Elise (I'll most likely use this)
Madalyn Rose
Kyren Noel
Irelyn Rose (My BBF said she would call DD "Wild Irish Rose"
Boys:
Kayden Jude (I'll most likely use this)
Colin Patric
Brennen Jace
Kendrick Augustas
(I say MY current choices because hubby is not allowed to help, his choice for a boy was Gunner and for a girl was Bessa : ) And the reason I chose them is because noone I know is named that/has kids named that. There is a movie out with a the lead caracter named Kenya, but I'm praying it doesn't catch on....
#26 of 53 Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 AM

For a boy I'm pretty sure it'll be:

Ian Spencer Hall P. (not sure about Hall, it's a family name)

For a girl I really like:

Ilana

That's as far as I've gotten w/ a girl name. I would really like to have maybe Ellen in there for her 2nd middle name (it's my grandma's middle name and I just LOVE her to pieces, lol).

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#27 of 53 Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 AM

I'm in love with "Maggie" (Margaret) but I'm doubtful I'll get dh to agree. :

For a boy, it's between Benjamin Derek and Derek William.

We've always had a harder time with girl names than with boy names.

I am set on using Viola for the girl though--probably as a middle name because dh thinks it's too old fashioned, but I'm okay with that.

We went through babynames.com the other night, which has, like 30 or 40 thousand names and couldn't find a girl's name we both agreed on! Good thing we have time, huh?

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#28 of 53 Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 AM

We like family names and both DD and DS are named from someone on my side of the family so we are determined to use DH's side.

Right now we have

Jackson Michael (DH is Michael and we LOVE Jackson), this will probably not happen though if you can guess why.:

For a girl we like
Avery Joan
Lily Joan
Cote Joan (sounds like Kody)

Marcia
#29 of 53 Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM

Hello!
Just found out that we are expecting #3. BIG surprise, apparently I am one of 2% who can get pregnant on the pill . Our daughter is Vivian Leah and our son is Maxwell Alexander.

Little surprise will probably be a girl so we are thinking:
Marley Rose or Ruby Rose

and for boys:

Marley or Xavier no word yet on the middle name. Hubby is Jewish so we will have to find a deceased relative. Rose is for a cousin Rosalind.
#30 of 53 Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Okay, so today I'm thinking that I'm having twin boys again (how's that for pessimism?), and if that happens, we will name them Zeben Alexander and Silas Rane. We don't have any girl ideas at all, and I don't think that's a very good sign. . . (it would be really nice to have a girl, but I'm just not feeling it).

Are you guys planning to name the baby as soon as you find out gender (if you're finding out before birth), or wait until the baby's born and pick what seems to fit the baby best? Last time we named our boys minutes after the u/s, and I think we'll probably do the same thing this time too, although if we ARE having twin boys again, we may wait until the birth to see which one is which.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page