How to tell DH? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-21-2006, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know for sure yet but if I do know for sure soon. I am not sure how to tell my dh we are pregnant. I want it to be something special since this will most likely be our last baby.

Any ideas?
#2 of 9 Old 02-21-2006, 10:22 PM

this is what a friend of mine did. her dh was thrilled and it was so cute.

they had plans to go out to dinner. she went ot the craft store and bought one of those little plastic babies (i think it's a cake decor) and gave it to the waiter and had him place it on top of the dessert they ordered. it took him a second to figure it out but it was so fun!
#3 of 9 Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 PM

What about making a "Big Brother" t-shirt for your son (cheap white t-shirt, fabric paint) and take a photo of him wearing the shirt. Then, put the photo in an envelope for your son to give to him.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#4 of 9 Old 02-22-2006, 12:05 AM

My DH is a scientist and enjoys working in the lab. I took the pg test in the afternoon. When he got home from work and we were discussing how our days went, I mentioned that I'd done a "lab experiment" and I wanted him to double-check my results. I led him into the bedroom where I had the BFP sitting on the dresser.

If your DH isn't a scientist,perhaps that story will at least inspire you to think of something fun...

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#5 of 9 Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 AM

I'm planning on using an "I'm the Big Sister" shirt on my dd to tell everyone next time...although that won't be for a few years. Just saw your question on New Posts
#6 of 9 Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!! Great ideas!!
#7 of 9 Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 PM

My dh had picked up the pg test for me so he knew I was taking it. When I came out after taking it he said "so how did it turn out" and I said "yes". Not for exciting but that's pretty much how we've done it every time.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#8 of 9 Old 02-23-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
My dh had picked up the pg test for me so he knew I was taking it. When I came out after taking it he said "so how did it turn out" and I said "yes". Not for exciting but that's pretty much how we've done it every time.
It's been the same for me! I always say I'll come up with some creative way to tell him, but then he always knows I'm testing and it seems like there's no point. I came out of the bathroom and he said something like, "was it positive?" At least I had the digital test to show him. He wasn't expecting to see the word "pregnant," so that got a "wow" out of him.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#9 of 9 Old 02-23-2006, 03:09 PM

BTW, though, a friend of mine had a great idea to take pictures of herself with hints, like standing barefoot in the kitchen putting a bun in the oven. Or taking a picture of herself next to a street sign and photoshopping it to say "Family Way." I think she was planning on sending those pictures to out of state relatives, but it could work for DH too.

I've also heard the suggestion of serving a meal of baby back ribs, baby spinach, baby carrots, etc.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page