Hi everyone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a positive test this morning! It was one of those digital ones, so I got to see the "pregnant" readout and everything. Somehow it makes more of an impact than the two lines. I should be due around Nov. 4th. This will be #3 for us, with another 25-month spacing. I've been having symptoms for over a week and have been testing daily for the last several days (I am definitely a compulsive pregnancy tester!). This was my last test, so I'm glad to finally get the positive, if only because I hate to think how much money I was spending on those tests!

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#2 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 01:28 PM

Congratulations!

I used one of the digital ones, too! I thought it was so cool that I took, like, a dozen photos of it!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#3 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi
Congratulations!

I used one of the digital ones, too! I thought it was so cool that I took, like, a dozen photos of it!
lol I had my husband do it, and then I e-mailed the best picture to my friends.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#4 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#5 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 02:27 PM

Congrats!! I am not really part of this group yet but on my 2 week wait. I have a digital ready as well!!
#6 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 04:09 PM

congrats! I am a compulsive tester too. I actually am going to the dollar tree today to get some more! I am still in the 2ww, longest 2 weeks ever!
#7 of 11 Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM

Congrats! I loooove those digital babies - no fretting over a line!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#8 of 11 Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 PM

Congratulations everyone! I, too, got a BFP yesterday. I took 2 brands of tests simultaneously - quite funny! - just to be sure. I am sooooooooo happy. Already buying baby stuff and hot hip maternity stuff for later, even though it's early.

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#9 of 11 Old 02-24-2006, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvingMama
Congratulations everyone! I, too, got a BFP yesterday. I took 2 brands of tests simultaneously - quite funny! - just to be sure. I am sooooooooo happy. Already buying baby stuff and hot hip maternity stuff for later, even though it's early.
Yay! Congratulations to you! I went and bought a couple maternity things and a couple baby outfits yesterday too. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money, so I went to a Good Will that's just a few blocks from my house. For $20 I got a maternity dress, maternity shirt, 4 baby outfits (yellow and green ), a shirt for my DH, a toy truck for my DS, and a book for my DD. I'll probably hit the yardsales tomorrow.

#10 of 11 Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM

Congrats!!

I used one of those +/- sign ones this time. My dh bought it and what is so crazy is a couple weeks before I tested I had a dream I took the exact type of test and it was +. I had no idea that dh was even going to buy that kind.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#11 of 11 Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 PM

I used a digital test too, after I got a faint line on an internet cheapie test.

mama to 35 m/o Oscar and Matilda + 3 Harper, Quinn, & Averill
and a hopeful

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page