how are y'all feeling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear, I think 'm driving myself crazy. One day I'm nauseous as heck, headache, exhausted, sore breasts, the whole bit. Next day I feel great except for the sore boobs, so then I start to silently freak out worrying that something's wrong. Are you all going thorugh this too, worrying constantly that something might go wrong?
#2 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 12:27 PM

I feel GREAT in the morning, then as the day goes i get a migraine. ugggg. The worst was I tend toward car sickness when I am a rider. On thursday I made myself car sick, took all my concentration not to puke in my car. DH said "doesnt surprise me with your driving" Not funny. So far I have been worthless the last 3 nights, hoping if I take an afternoon nap today I wil be able to do something this evening.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#3 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 01:23 PM

I'm not feeling so good. I'm nauseous a lot through out the day. I'm no longer hungry but have to eat anyway. Nothing sounds good to me any more. I was so hoping to avoid this crap this time, ugh. Please please I don't want to start puking!!!!! I am trying really really hard to stay positive.

I did feel really good last Wednesday but that was the last time.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#4 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 01:58 PM

I'm feeling fine most of the time, except the sore boobs. They are so sore...ouch. Actually, I've been waking up in the middle of the night because they are so sore and then I can't get comfortable again...arrrrrgh. I've gotten repulsed by smells I never picked up on before. My stomach has been okay so far -- sometimes right after I eat my stomach feels icky but it goes away. I've been trying to drink a lot of water so of course I pee every 2 mins it seems . Yesterday I got a massive headache and was very easily annoyed w/ my boss and unfortunately w/ DH (I apologized to DH but not to my boss...hehehe).

And I keep thinking why aren't I puking, shouldn't I be puking and feeling gross.
#5 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 03:26 PM

Let's see... I feel some shooting pains and mild cramps that come and go in my lower abdomen. I am trying not to stress about every little ache but I get so worried. (I even took the last hpt I had lying around my house this morning just to make sure I was still pregnant... : I am. ) I am only a little over 4 weeks so I don't have really have a lot of symptoms yet. How far along was everyone when they first experienced morning sickness?

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#6 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 05:31 PM

jenniet, with my first (dd) it started at 5weeks and with my second (ds) it started at about 6-7 weeks. I got hyperemesis both times and usually with that getting sick starts earlier and much more severe than regular morning sickness. Looks like it's hitting again too.

You are likely to not get morining sickness at all or just a little bit of it. Good luck to you!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#7 of 24 Old 03-04-2006, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
jenniet, with my first (dd) it started at 5weeks and with my second (ds) it started at about 6-7 weeks. I got hyperemesis both times and usually with that getting sick starts earlier and much more severe than regular morning sickness. Looks like it's hitting again too.
yep, that's how it was for me with my others. With the first I was sick my 5 weeks and had hyperemesis, with #2 i was sick before I even tested (so before 4 weeks) and then #3 I got nauseous the week i tested.
#8 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Jenniet - I had absolutely no "symptoms" with DS. No sore breasts, no food aversions or cravings, no morning sickness, no nothing, unless you count a desire to read about cloth diapering. I was worried for a while but DS was born healthy at 38 weeks and has done fine. People who were really sick or had extreme symptoms talk about it and people who weren't are usually quiet. Only about 50% of women have any morning sickness.

HOH, Emily
#9 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 11:30 AM

i had realllllly bad morning sickness with my 3 DS's, started around 6 weeks...

having said that, im 5 weeks or just about! (LOL) and so far so good (knock on wood) have started to eat smaller meals and have to watch what i eat as my stomach seems a little extra sensitive but nothing im not used to (got my gallbladder taken out 6 months ago)

im constantly thirsty, my boobs are really sore and already getting more full (im a freaking E cup already, before i got PG).. other than that.. im tired, need a nap a day.

Though, that could contribute more to being home with my 4 yr old all day then going to school at night.. (LOL)
#10 of 24 Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyGFab
no nothing, unless you count a desire to read about cloth diapering.

I'm feeling tired, and feel queasy now and then, but nothing serious. Eating usually helps. With my last pg, I was queasy and didn't want to eat anything, ugh. I'm feeling a bit crampy -- but I think partly I'm just always thinking about my belly (which is already getting bigger -- I'm wearing my loosest low-ride jeans, and just undid them) and so I'm tensing up, lol. I got those ligament twinges today when rescuing ds, who fell off the bed. I'm hungry, thirsty, peeing, and waking up through the night -- with my past pgs, I would often wake btwn 3-4 am and not be able to get back to sleep. I got a lot done then...

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#11 of 24 Old 03-08-2006, 11:42 PM

This is my first baby and I am scared! My breasts are very sensitive but no other symptoms. Oh, I am quite thirsty and I have been drinking lots of water (along with milk and OJ) but I normally drink water throughout the day. I think that it might be a crampy feeling in my lower tummy but it is more like that pressure before I am about to start my period. I go to the doctor on Friday to confirm the pregnancy.
#12 of 24 Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
I swear, I think 'm driving myself crazy. One day I'm nauseous as heck, headache, exhausted, sore breasts, the whole bit. Next day I feel great except for the sore boobs, so then I start to silently freak out worrying that something's wrong. Are you all going thorugh this too, worrying constantly that something might go wrong?
That's exactly how I'm feeling too; horrible one day then fine the next and constantly worrying.
#13 of 24 Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 AM

With my son, I was sooooooo sick the whole pregnancy (from about week 6-36+ of 41w2d). But I also had (undiagnosed) gallbladder disease, so I don't know what was what.

This time so far, I get mildly nauseous every night right after taking my prenatal vitamin, and occasionally *very* mildly on and off throughout the day. I said to a friend today that, while I don't want to repeat R's pregnancy, I want to have *some* mild ick so I know things are okay.

I am having some of the other common symptoms, though - excessive saliva and urination, some constipation, the "I-NEED-TO-EAT-NOW!!!!" hunger pangs out of the blue. So I don't know why I'm so hung up on the nausea... glutton for punishment?
#14 of 24 Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 AM
rad

I feel fairly good. I have some nausea, heartburn and fatigue. Of course, I'm only about 4 weeks along, so it could get worse.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#15 of 24 Old 03-09-2006, 09:38 AM

I'm feeling queasy most of the time, but eating does help. However, it's really hard to eat. Nothing sounds good, and if I think about any particular food for too long, I gag. Taking my supplements also makes me gag, but I haven't actually puked yet. Last pregnancy, I started puking at 6 weeks and felt really horrible until about 13 weeks, and continued puking (but otherwise felt fine) until 16 weeks. Acupuncture helped me a lot last time, and I am already doing it this time, so I hope to avoid the extreme m/s this pregnancy. I don't know how I'd do it with taking care of my boys. Last time I had to quit my job. I can't quit this one!

I've also got sore boobs and exhaustion (no nap for me ), and if I don't eat something right before I go to bed, I wake up around 3:00 (when ds comes to bed), and can't fall asleep again until I eat something. My pants no longer fit (??????) though I haven't gained any weight.

I should mention that I am not comlaining AT ALL. I'm so happy to be pregnant, and am just LOVING each and every pregnancy symptom (so far, lol).

Lex

ETA: Knittin': Yes, I am often worried about something going wrong. Whenever I have a queasy-free moment, I think, "what? Am I still pregnant?!" I'm really trying not to be super anxious this pregnancy and just trust my body. It's going to be really hard for me.

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#16 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I should mention that I am not comlaining AT ALL. I'm so happy to be pregnant, and am just LOVING each and every pregnancy symptom (so far, lol).
lucky, lucky! I wish I could love the queasiness that has just kicked in but it's a tough thing for me to love

But count me in when it comes to worrying. this is my first one so I'm just so paranoid about what's going to happen. even dh gets overworried too. Just this morning, he's like, "are you sure it's okay for you to fly next week?" (going to visit my parents). I have to get him to chill out. Good news is I have an awesome midwife who has been very helpful. I called her 2 days ago worried sick about some spotting and then she even called me back today to check up on me and see how I was doing. I was pleasantly surprised!

Otherwise, I'm so so impatient! I think after the 1st trimester I will be able to relax a bit.
#17 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 06:42 PM

OH my... my m/s started at 1.5 wks! Tired, sore bbs, emotional, crampy like AF is coming (that's normal, btw, for you first timers!), and very, very nauseated/pukey. this is what i've been asking for for 1/5 y rs, though, so bring it on! Ok, not really, but ykwim. I really feel awful, lol. I am just starting to feel more like eating once in awhile. Sometimes. And then sometimes I can pig out. Then it comes up, but hey, it's better than puking up stomach bile. This is sooooo a girl baby 'cause my other girls made me puke alot, too!

Everyone is different, and those of you who feel better than the rest of us, enjoy! Maybe you're having boys, lol~

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#18 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
Everyone is different, and those of you who feel better than the rest of us, enjoy! Maybe you're having boys, lol~
So funny! My son made me SICK SICK SICK - so awful! 24/7 sickness from 5.5 weeks (I just looked it up) to 36 weeks. I have been a ball of energy since about a week before , so I've been thinking that maybe my MIL is right about it being a girl! I even washed walls today!!!!

Then again... I just started week 5 today - so we'll see how I feel next Wednesday
#19 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 PM

Lol, wanna come wash mine? I'm too yarky to do housework, lol.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#20 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
his is sooooo a girl baby 'cause my other girls made me puke alot, too!

Too funny1 I'm convinced that this one is a girl cause with my boys (three of 'em) I was SOOOOO sick. Talking IV-fluids sick with the first two, and then just debilitating laying in bed all day long puking with the third. this time, there are moments of nausea, a day here and there, but generally much less than my boys. except for the gagging - oh good gracious, the gagging! Over every little thing.
#21 of 24 Old 03-11-2006, 03:42 PM

This is my first pregnancy, and I just found out yesterday after a total of 7, yup 7 different preggo tests. I just had to be sure : And I woke up this morning thinking OMG! Am I still preggers? If I stretch my torso my belly feels like I've done one to many crunchs. kwim? A little sore. My boobs still hurt, and I keep giving em a squeeze just to make sure I'm still uncomfortable. I feel a little "wet" leakyish. And I keep going to the bathroom to make sure theres no blood. I think I'll be better after a week or two

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#22 of 24 Old 03-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Congrats Mermaidmomma!

I am also pregnant with number one. It is so exciting! As far as taking pregnancy tests, I took five, so do not feel bad. I also keep checking for blood when I use the bathroom but I go for my first doctor's appointment in six days so I am hoping I'll be a little more reassured then. Here is to a happy and healthy nine months.

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#23 of 24 Old 03-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaidmomma
My boobs still hurt, and I keep giving em a squeeze just to make sure I'm still uncomfortable. I feel a little "wet" leakyish. And I keep going to the bathroom to make sure theres no blood. I think I'll be better after a week or two
OMG, I don't feel as crazy any more because I do the same things!! I just thought that maybe I was over paranoid or something. My paranoias range from miscarriage to ectopic pregnancy, and sometimes I just have to tell myself, "breathe....chill out...."
#24 of 24 Old 03-12-2006, 10:34 PM

jenniet and poetesss, its nice to know there are others who feel the same!

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page