who else is nursing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my youngest is only 12 months, so of course i'm nursing and plan to nurse through my pregnancy. everything is going really well so far, and i'm confident we will maintain our happy nursing relationship.
#2 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 02:42 PM

My ds still bf's once a day(to sleep at night), he's 4 1/2. We'll continue as long as he wants/needs to! My nipples aren't too sore , so it hasn't been too bad (plus it's just once a day).

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#3 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 04:32 PM

my 2 year old is still nursing, and I think he probably will wind up tandeming for a bit with this babe. I tandemed my first two (they were 20 mos apart) but then 2 weaned himself while I was pg with #3, sot hey didn't nurse together.
#4 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM

I am still tandem nursing right now. I am not sure how long it will last. When I got pregnant with my daughter my milk immediately dried up (before my positive test even), so I'm really surprised that I still have milk and my nipples aren't sore. I'm hoping it continues to last, since I"m not really ready to wean either one of them. We'll see how it goes. I'm just so happy that my youngest is 15 months and not 5 months like my poor son was when I got pregnant last time. At least she is eating enough solid food to support herself if she has to (but I sure hope that she doesn't!!!!).
#5 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 PM

My 2yr old ds nurses 2-3 times a day. Have soreness in one nipple but not the other. I hope to tandem nurse them when this new babe is born!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#6 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 07:26 PM

My son will be 13 months on Friday, so I'm still very much nursing! I've heard "horror stories" of pain and lost supply and annoyance... I'm just taking it a day at a time and being thankful that I'm not experiencing any of that yet =)
#7 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Still nursing here, Naomi shows no sign of lessening. I am feeling mild annoyance at night, as I am really tired. I really relish nursing during the day gives because it gives me the precious time I need to enjoy the last months of her babyhood.
#8 of 19 Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM

My dd is 26 months and still nursing. She actually nurses several times a day and I am having nipple soreness so I do wish she would slow down a bit. If it was just when she went to sleep or woke up it wouldn't bother me so much, but as it is, it seems she is having a growth spurt or something because she has stepped up her nursing since I found out I was pregnant.
#9 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 12:57 AM

DD is 3 and has decreased her nursing since I got pg. She was nursing every 30-60 minutes so I am very happy that she choose to go down to just several times a day. I lost my milk immeditely, and my nipple are very, very sore. I'm sure that she will continue to nurse throughout this pg, she tells me that she won't wean until she is 5. She also has not woken up to nurse the last 2 nights, which is something she has never done before.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#10 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm tandeming my 4 yo and my 1.5 yo. Their nursing recently drastically dropped for a while -- we were moving and I was never sitting down! I figure that's why I was able to conceive this cycle

I think I am going to work on finding other comfort activities for my 4 yo, simply because I want any milk I have right now to go to my toddler. She has mild eczema and my biggest guilt about being pg now is that my milk has always dried up in the past by the end of the first tri. My 4 yo does really well with just nursing "while I count to ten," thankfully. And he has started going to sleep without nursing in the last month -- again, a result of the move; I was putting all the kids to bed by myself at the same time, and told him he could nurse once the toddler was asleep. More often than not, we would all be asleep at about the same time.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#11 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Still nursing our 16 m/o DS. He only nurses about 4-6x/day now *normally*. I'm not sure how long I plan on nursing him- I never planned on it this long but he still doesn't seem ready to wean at all!
#12 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 04:43 PM

I'm still nursing as ds is only 5 1/2 months (still in shock to be expecting again!). So far I have not noticed any soreness or decrease in supply. Is it common to have trouble with production once you are pregnant?
#13 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Wow, djoy, you kids will have almost the exact same spacing as my first two. I was one that lost my supply immediately upon becoming pregnant, but I don't think that is the norm. My midwife expected that I wouldn't notice my milk being gone until 20 weeks or so. My son began nursing ALL the time, and that was my first clue that my milk was gone. I also immediately got sore nipples (although not this time). Hopefully you will keep your milk throughout your whole pregnancy! I would just watch him for signs that he's not getting enough, and if you have a way to monitor his weight it would be great (my son actually lost weight before I realized there was a problem... long story). I do have to tell you, though, that my children ADORE eachother now. They play together a lot, and keep eachother pretty entertained. There are some really good positives to the spacing that your children will be. Congrats!!
#14 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 04:58 PM

double post.... sorry!
#15 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 07:35 PM

My ds is only 10 months, so of course we are going to nurse as long as he wants to (hopefully until he is at least 2!). I really hope that I don't lose supply until he is at least a year. I have been feeling kind of guilty about having to divide nutrients between both babes, but I really think that my nutrition is good enough to support us all!!

homebirthing organic mama to three crazy boys very blessed!!
#16 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 PM

I am nursing my 17-month-old dd. I nursed my DS through my last pregnancy and tandemed for almost a year after, with DS weaning at almost 3. We did have to cut him back to nursing for 10 seconds at a time because DD just wasn't gaining weight when he nursed more than that, and we couldn't get my supply up any further. But he was old enough that seemed to work well for him. I'm not sure what my DD will do, but she doesn't seem to show any signs of wanting to wean. I'll just have to see what she does when/if my supply takes a big dip.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#17 of 19 Old 03-08-2006, 11:16 PM

I am nursing ds who is 2.4 - I don't know how I feel about tandem but he doesn't seem ready to wean. I'm hoping he will wean on his own before the baby comes.
#18 of 19 Old 03-09-2006, 03:52 AM
rad

Me. My little guy just turned 1 yesterday. He's still nursing fairly often. My DD was still nursing when I got pg with him. She must not have liked the change in the milk, casue she stopped suddenly when I was 8 weeks along. I plan to let Liam nurse as ong as he wants. It can be uncomfortable, but it's not that bad.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#19 of 19 Old 03-09-2006, 08:27 AM

I'm nursing my 15 mos old. She really has cut back alot though and only nurses before nap and bed and 1-2x a night. So far, things are going well with only mild discomfort. I'm hoping to continue as long as she needs it and wants it. I've never tandem nursed before (my children are spaced 3yrs+) but this little one was a pleasant surprise!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page