waiting, waiting, waiting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if there's one think i'm learning about life now it's how to *wait*!!!

Here I am, after TTC for 1 yr+, trying naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy along the way, keeping up with Mothering mag and perusing the boards *hoping* I could actually "be there, do that" one day, here I am, expecting this november. And I can't wait!!

I'm not really telling anyone I know except family and two other pregnant ladies who are seeing the same midwife, so this place is really helpful for me to be able to talk to others.

Congratulations to all others who are also expecting and let's hope we all get through this smoothly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 05:31 PM

congratulations!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:58 PM

congrats
Old 03-10-2006, 06:13 PM

Congrats! I know the feeling I was TCC for about 6 months and now I cant wait for NOV so i can meet my baby, or at least until I start to feel him/her move around.

It still seems weird to me that I am pregnant. I am having trouble believing it.

You are a better secret keeper than me. We didnt plan to tell people, but i couldnt keep my mouth shut.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
Old 03-10-2006, 06:16 PM

Congratulations!!!
I can not wait to feel this little one moving around in there.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 03-11-2006, 03:21 AM

Congratulations!!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats!

I know what you mean about waiting... I'm so impatient. I'm suprised I waited long enought to test this time that I got a +ve right off the bat... but I had other things going on in my life that I thought could be delaying AF and causing symptoms the same as pg symptoms.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 03-12-2006, 02:07 PM

Congrats!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 03-12-2006, 03:45 PM

Popping over from October to say 'Congratulations'!

Our first little one was a welcome surprise, but our second took four years to make and bake, as I call it. Three years TTC and another 9 months to grow. And this one involved 3 years of not being careful. I know all too well how miraculous it is to be pregnant after trying to for so long. So once again, congrats! Enjoy your pregnancy
Old 03-13-2006, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for all the good wishes and congrats! I hope I'm here to stay!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnicole428
You are a better secret keeper than me. We didnt plan to tell people, but i couldnt keep my mouth shut.
Yeah, last time, we told parents at 5 weeks pregnant, and then told friends at church the following week - actually just told a few people, and it spread like wildfire by that evening!

This time... I was not really wanting to tell everyone right away, since last cycle I had an early miscarriage (never even got a bfp, so it was super early). But my DH's grandmother had a heart attack Sunday, and so he had to go down to the hospital she was at and drive his mother over to see her. I was still at home (we just got back from a long bus trip, and my 20 month old was NOT needing to travel again yesterday), and I decided to take a test as it was the first day of my missed period, and AF hadn't showed up yet as of 9:30am. I sent a picture of it to DH's cell phone, and when he called, I told him he could make the decision whether to tell his mom or not. Given the circumstances (her mother just having a heart attack), he decided it'd be best to go ahead and tell her to cheer her up some. And we're going to time how long it takes for the news to travel from her church 3 hours away up to our church, since there are people related to each other in the two congregations. This should be fun. I give it 2 weeks, max.

Since DH's mother now knew (and his father would find out when she got home), I of course called MY parents last night. My dad was going to make us a nice oak changing table with drawers and everything for last baby... he has the wood purchased, but just hasn't gotten around to making it yet! He ended up buying us a cheaper changing table to use in the meantime. Well, at 20 months old, DS still doesn't have his nice, oak changing table. So on the phone, I asked my dad "So... Do you think you could have that changing table made by Thanksgiving?"

So pretty much, everyone will probably know within a couple weeks, and I'm only about 4 weeks or maybe a day or two prior to 4 weeks along right now. I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated this cycle - didn't feel it, and can only tell you when my peak mucus day was, which ovulation can be 3 days before or after that day. So who knows!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 PM

I am right with you all!!

I am a week late with all the early pg symptoms and 18 elevated temps, but I'll take a test to confirm. It's just starting to sink in for me that I'm probably pg. We were ttc, so that's exciting!!

We won't talk about it much 'till we get almost through the first trimester. I didn't figure out that I was pg with my first dd for AGES, so this is really early for me to know.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 PM

Congrats!!!

User Tag List