Anyone else really not feeling very well? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting to the "kinda miserable" stage in regards to m/s, and am wondering if any of you want to commiserate. I mean, I'm totally blissed out to be pregnant, and am actually somewhat relieved by how sick I feel (5 weeks, 2 days pg today), but it's also really hard. Last time when I was pg with my twins, I had to quit my job at six weeks because I was so sick (I went back to work at 13 weeks). This time, my job is being a SAHM to my two three-year-olds. I can't quit this job!

I actually have been surprised to find that I feel somewhat better when we're out and about, I think because I'm distracted from how I'm feeling. But it is really hard to muster the energy to get us all dressed and out the door.

Anyway, anyone else feeling a bit terrible?

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#2 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 11:40 AM

I'm also getting to that stage...well, already arrived. I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse. I don't throw up too much but there's this constant nausea just looming over me. I get hungry but can't muster the will/desire to eat. on top of that there aren't even many things I can *stand* to eat in the first place. MIL and fam have been bugging me coz dh tells them I don't eat and they're like, "aaah!! you have to eat, just force yourself to eat!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
I actually have been surprised to find that I feel somewhat better when we're out and about, I think because I'm distracted from how I'm feeling. But it is really hard to muster the energy to get us all dressed and out the door.
same here. I don't have other kids yet so that makes it easier, but if I can get myself out I do feel better. which is one of the reasons dh is telling me maybe i shouldn't quit my p/t job (altho' it's torture just to get out of the house to go there!).

I was so disappointed yesterday b/c I felt like the 2nd half of my day was really good, I got in all these healthy foods and was feeling great. Then, right as I lay down to sleep.... uhhhh, it was not pleasant. so much for that nutrition! But sometimes I think I prefer the throwing up to the neverending nausea...at least sending it all out makes the icky feeling go away.
#3 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 12:05 PM

i was just coming to post the same thing.

i was absolutely amazed at how good i felt until yesterday. i had only thrown up a few times and only felt sick when i hadnt eaten. then i spent all yesterday evening throwing up. nothing sounds good, i dont want to eat, water makes me feel all slushy inside and i dont even want to get up. i really thought i wasn't going to be sick this time, though the ms is reassuring in some ways. i was a little worried.

getting out usually made me feel better with my other pregnancies, but like you said, it's so hard to get myself and two kids out the door, plus we're a one car family and my dh doesnt get home until 6 or 8 pm most days. plus i'm just such a homebody.

i hate to complain so much, but it's good to say it and my dh sure doesnt want to hear it.
#4 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 01:10 PM

I have lost my appetite for the most part. No vomiting, but diarhea and cramps (intestinal) even wake me at night. I make my dh's lunch every day and this week he's got nothing but leftovers because the lunchmeat/cheese/mayo sandwich I usually make him just makes my stomach churn.

I really wish I had more energy. I still take my daily walk, but I feel like such a slug otherwise. I am sure I would feel better if I ate, but then again, eating does not make me feel good. Ugh!

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#5 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 02:16 PM

I'm just starting to get the queasies a little - and honestly, I've been waiting for it. I was SO sick by this time with my son, I was starting to get worried this time that something was wrong. I'm sure that sounds odd - but I'm also sure you ladies understand.

I'm almost certain that I'll be coming back to this thread in the next day or so...
#6 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 PM

I right there with ya. I feel like crap. I lay around A LOT and just try all day to not get sick. I have to eat or I'm more sick but I don't want to eat at all. UGH, I seriously hate this part.
Here's to the second trimester everyone, it can't come soon enough!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#7 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 05:19 PM

I am usually great in the morning, as the day goes on I get worse and worse. I almost always end up with a nasty migraine. Dr said they usually get better with pregnancy...guess i am an exception to th e rule. I have driven home from work all this week with my had over my mouth, trying not to puke in the car.

Thanks to migraines I have mastered puking in the car. I have a supply of plastic bags in the car ready "just in case"

I am SO tired by the time i get home i am a slug.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#8 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm sorry you guys are all joining me on this thread, but glad to have some company at the same time. Today was definitely my worst day yet, though I haven't puked yet. That started at 6 weeks last time, so I still have a few days to go if it's gonna be a repeat experience. I do have the feeling that I *might* puke at any moment, which IMO is just as bad as actually puking.

I just got home from my first acupuncture treatment to treat the nausea. This was hugely helpful for me with my last pregnancy, and seems to be helping this time too. While the needles were in me, it was like the nausea just turned off. Then I started feeling hungry, but just hungry, not hungry-mixed-with-nausea-you-better-eat-now-or-you'll-puke. By the time I got in my car, the nauea was creeping back in, but I just ate some cold pizza, and now I feel pretty decent.

Now it's time for bed, I hope you all sleep well!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#9 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
Here's to the second trimester everyone, it can't come soon enough!!
: Hear, hear! Couldn't agree more!
#10 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here
I'm just starting to get the queasies a little - and honestly, I've been waiting for it. I was SO sick by this time with my son, I was starting to get worried this time that something was wrong. I'm sure that sounds odd - but I'm also sure you ladies understand.
Yep, that's how I was feeling (worried htat I wasn't sick, becuase I was SO sick with my others) and now it's hit full blast. I have that constantly gagging thing going on, which is just awful. I'm starving, but the thought of actually eating any food makes me want to vomit and makes me gag uncontrollably. (anyone else gagging just reading this thread?!)

I've found that eating pineapple has been helping it a bit, but otherwise, I'm miserable. Wicked exhausted too, it's 8:56 pm here and I fell asleep on the couch at 7:45 and DH woke me up a few minutes ago to send me up to bed, LOL.
#11 of 26 Old 03-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Yep. I wasn't sick at all with my first pregnancy, but this time around I'm sick in the evenings. Food makes my stomach turn. I buy $20 worth of food at the store before I get so nauseous that I have to leave the store. I think I'm just going to make lists and have Eric go to the store for me.

And yes Theresa, I did gag reading this thread.
#12 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 AM

I've been miserable all week, although I've felt slightly better in the last 24 hours. And of course feeling better at all makes me worried something's wrong. I can't win! I'm looking forward to a 2nd trimester where I'll (hopefully) be nausea free AND able to feel the baby move for reassurance.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#13 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 03:18 AM

This is my first pregnancy, I'm only about 4 1/2 weeks and I still feel pretty good. I have the rare wave of nausea, usually scent related. Or if I've waited to long to eat. Is this norm? This might sound funny but I'm am kinda worried that I don't feel worse.

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#14 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

mermaidmomma: apparently, only 50% of women experience any morning sickness at all. I have many friends who really didn't have any (even one friend who had twins, and one friend who had triplets!). That said, most people who do get morning sickness don't start feeling it until 6 or 7 weeks. Some of us on this thread are feeling it earlier, but I know that at least I have elevated levels of hcg (maybe having twins again ), so that could explain why I feel the nausea earlier. Definitely don't worry!

My acupuncture-induced relief was short lived indeed. I was already feeling pretty sick again by the time I went to bed. This morning I do feel possibly a little better than I did yesterday morning, but I still feel pretty terrinle, and can't imagine eating anything. Preparing food for my kids is equally tough, as are dishes. . . yuck.

I'm about to try and force down some toast. (Sorry for mentioning an actual food!).

Lex

#15 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeet
Yep. I wasn't sick at all with my first pregnancy, but this time around I'm sick in the evenings. Food makes my stomach turn. I buy $20 worth of food at the store before I get so nauseous that I have to leave the store. I think I'm just going to make lists and have Eric go to the store for me.

And yes Theresa, I did gag reading this thread.
Meghan, I just had to say again that I am SO excited for you! (and sorry I mad you gag, LOL!)
#16 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm not quite there yet... Only about 4 weeks along, so I'm just very very very mildly queasy. I figure in another 2-3 weeks, I'll start really feeling it. Last pregnancy, I never threw up, but I just felt really queasy and close to throwing up for a few weeks. The super mild queasiness started right away though, just like it has with this one.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#17 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 01:37 PM

I'm not too bad with m/s yet but food aversions are getting to me. I'm sure it will start anytime though.

Marcia
#18 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Most of the women in my family didn't get morning sickness. My grandmother, great aunts, aunt and my mother didn't get it. I guess I'm just super lucky.:
With me my morning sickness always starts early , which isn't the norm. I also have gotten hyperemsis the last two times so that might be why it sarts so early.
If you aren't feeling sick don't worry ,like someone else said only about 50% of women experience morning sickness (I would love to be in that other 50%)!

pageta, I am having the bad intestinal cramps and loose bm's too. Oh JOY!!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#19 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 07:46 PM

I'm not feeling so great myself. Mostly like a low-grade flu, with some occasional dry-heaving, and major smell aversions. Worst of all is that I have no energy - just exhausted. My DD doesn't like that part at all.

By this point last time, I was puking every day, so I guess I should count my blessings. But I'd like to at least be able to get some laundry done without needing a nap!

Mama to DD : (7/23/03) & DS : (10/27/06) married to DH 7/20/01
and yet 90% more mainstream than the rest of MDC
#20 of 26 Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
mermaidmomma: apparently, only 50% of women experience any morning sickness at all. I have many friends who really didn't have any (even one friend who had twins, and one friend who had triplets!). That said, most people who do get morning sickness don't start feeling it until 6 or 7 weeks. Some of us on this thread are feeling it earlier, but I know that at least I have elevated levels of hcg (maybe having twins again ), so that could explain why I feel the nausea earlier. Definitely don't worry!

My acupuncture-induced relief was short lived indeed. I was already feeling pretty sick again by the time I went to bed. This morning I do feel possibly a little better than I did yesterday morning, but I still feel pretty terrinle, and can't imagine eating anything. Preparing food for my kids is equally tough, as are dishes. . . yuck.

I'm about to try and force down some toast. (Sorry for mentioning an actual food!).

Lex
Thanks!

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#21 of 26 Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 PM

I've gotten to that stage, actually, that's how I figured out I needed to test
I haven't had the normally morning sickness yet, sometimes food actually looks really good...that is, until I get it into my mouth and then it's "OMG spit it out!" Then other times I'm just queezy all day & nothing looks eatable. I've tried forcing myself to eat in both cases, not a good idea, I end up kissing the commode both ways. I have been able to keep down apple juice, actually I've been craving it!
I've had a low grade headache at least part of everyday so far, it gets really bad sometimes, but nothing laying down for a bit can't handle.
I'm pretty moody with DH, I wish I could tie him up & toss him into a closet, but alass, I don't. I just look forward to when he goes to work!
Hopefully I don't get full blown morning sickness as my job is a breakfast hostess & I like my job....
#22 of 26 Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth26505
I'm pretty moody with DH, I wish I could tie him up & toss him into a closet, but alass, I don't. I just look forward to when he goes to work!
ha ha...tell me about it! one time he just sighed and said, "well, at least I'm sure you're really pregnant!"
#23 of 26 Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, so now I'm *really* not feeling very well. Puking started last night, and I'll be six weeks pg tomorrow. I feel really bad for my kiddos. This morning Jasper said to Luke, "next time Mom pukes, let's go downstairs and play and we won't come back until she's all done puking." I hope I'm not traumatizing them. I told them that it's a good thing when I puke because it means the baby's growing well, and that it makes me happy to puke. . . kinda true, I guess. I actually do prefer this to the horrible nausea I felt all day yesterday. Now I get little breaks from it. I'm really worried that I'm having twins again. I just don't think I'd be this sick if it was just one baby. Unless of course. . . it's a girl baby. Aren't girls suppsoed to make you sicker?

Lex

#24 of 26 Old 03-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My friends who have been so sick that they had to go on Zofran all had singletons. Some had girls. One friend was really really really sick with her first, and it was a girl. She wasn't sick AT ALL with her second - also a girl! Another friend was sick but not enough to be on drugs with her first girl, and now she's got her second girl coming, and she was sick enough to need drugs this time. Thankfully, she wasn't hospitalized like the other friend had been.

But yeah, you can be really sick even with a singleton boy.

My friend who was sicker with the 2nd... Her doctor thought she might be having twins because she was so sick. So the doctor didn't make the usual twin joke he makes at the first u/s (where he points out two babies, then he says he's kidding), since she might actually have been having them. But it was a singleton. Just one that made her very sick.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#25 of 26 Old 03-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Ugh. Can we talk about tricks people are using to feel better that actually work? Nausea kicked in for me two days ago. Yesterday was terrible. I went to my acupuncturist in the afternoon, and was able to eat some dinner. She taped some earballs to points in my ear and told me to press on them as well as the wrist points that sea bands hit whenever I feel nauseaus. I feel a bit better today. Here are a few things that make me feel a little better:

- lemonade
- mint tea
- massage on my lower/middle back
- pressing wrist & ear points
- ginger candy

Someone please tell me that its OK to just eat yogurt, crackers, and cheese for a few weeks. I am able to take my prenatal, so am hopefully getting a little nutrition.

Enjoying life with DH. Mom to one busy DS 11/06 two happy and someone new expected 7/30
#26 of 26 Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup
But yeah, you can be really sick even with a singleton boy.
That was me last time. I was sick enough that I should have been on the meds, but I didn't want them. I just sipped gingerale and other clear beverages (NOT plain water... that was sure to make me lose it) and threw up a lot.

My nausea has come and gone in waves this time - usually at night, and never all that bad. Today it came a little earlier and has been hanging around for a few hours, but I'm still not complaining compared to last time. I don't wish that on ANYONE!

I said this over in the ms remedies thread (whomever invented ginger gum...), but the Preggie Pop Drops are working for me right now (as long as they're in my mouth... as soon as they're gone, however). I'm gonna pull out the candied ginger that I got last time and was too chicken to try. And I already bought some lime juice for my water this weekend... I'm getting to the "plain water... no thank you" stage again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page