Mothering Forum banner

***March thread***

2K views 68 replies 29 participants last post by  spunky 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Does anybody mind if I start a thread where we can come to just chat? It's hard to click on all the topics and really get to know anyone. Maybe if we get enough posters on this thread we can start a list of DDs for November.

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I couldn't be happier.
:! Can't wait to meet everyone!

DUE IN NOVEMBER
Storeimy -- #4
Paxye (Melissa) -- #3
Knittin' in the Shade -- #4
Sheacoby (Heather) -- Late Oct/early Nov
Brisen -- #4 Late Oct/early Nov
Wanderlost (Shannon) -- #3 Nov 3
Redhotmama -- #3 Nov 5
Ellie Jan (Marcia) -- #3 Nov 5
Poetesss -- Nov 7
Gen_here (Genevieve) -- #2 Nov 10
Mermaidmomma -- #1 Nov 12
Lexbeach (Lex) -- #3 Nov 14
Connersmum -- #3 Nov 15
Bathrode Goddess (Eden) -- #3 Nov 15
Mrs. Hos (Bobbi) -- #2 Nov 17
CityGirl43 (Jen) -- #1 Nov 17
Zen-ozz (Kristen) -- #4 Nov 18
Joan -- #4 Nov 20
Midwestmeg (Megan) -- #2 Nov 20
Pipermomma (Kelly) -- #3 Nov 22
Boscopup (Vera) -- #2 Thanksgiving
Kerriemoe (Kerrie) -- #2 Thanksgiving
Miamimiami -- #2 Thanksgiving
janola -- #2 Thanksgiving
Simonsmama (Ashley) -- #2 Nov 25

See less See more
#52 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan
Anyone know of a good source for maternity shorts?
It's been two summers since I bought some, but I got a couple nice pairs at Motherhood. Denim ones with the stretchy belly, and khaki ones just had more material in the belly section (like a "D") and a draw string. I didn't check their ccurrent selection, though...

#53 ·
janola -- hope you're feeling better now! Mastitis is NOT fun. Congrats on the pg!

Lex -- big sigh of relief! I can imagine twins once was taxing enough.

Joan -- I think everyone is making those underbelly pants cause they're way better
I definately prefer them. I found a pair of capris (though I'm short enough that they fit me like pants, but the fabric was light) at a place called "Motherhood." They had that internal elastic thing that you can tighten and secure with a button and then loosen as you need more space. That might give you the extra fabric you'll need at the end. Though where I am, I won't be wearing shorts in November -- unless it's in the house, and then I don't mind wearing a pair of dh's
I just don't do shorts much anymore. I can't find any that fit how I like.

I have been so exhausted the last couple of days. It hasn't helped that dh bought a dvd drive thingy for the computer so we are able to watch movies again (we have no tv), and we've been staying up watching movies together.
I've also been rather blue feeling. I just don't want to do anything. I planned on going grocery shopping today, but I realized that the last time I wore my contact lenses, I didn't clean them when I took them out. I'm not comfortable driving with my glasses -- they're an old prescription -- and my contacts are uncomfortable enough when they're nice and clean. I mean, I probably could clean them, but I'm rather glad to have the excuse to stay home. I did get off to a good start today -- made a good breakfast, got dressed, washed the dishes, made the bed, etc. And it makes a difference to the kids too -- they're nicely playing together now, making up a game with a backgammon board and pieces -- instead of being cranky and antsy like yesterday, when I just managed put out banana bread and cheese for the kids to help themselves to for breakfast.
I did manage to read to them, though, for a couple of hours, it's just that we were all still in our pjs, the house was a mess, and the boys are sick of banana bread. And after sitting around and reading all morning, I fell asleep for a nap in the afternoon! I think today I'll attack the mound of laundry, we have to go out of the apartment to do that, so it will count as "going out". And I can take them to the little playground behind our building and pick up milk at the convenience store there -- milk is the only thing we really need. On the other hand, the Loblaws about 2 mins from here has cookie and caramel ice cream on sale right now... and we just finished off the tub last night... maybe I *can* muster up the energy to go out.

#54 ·
Brisen, just reading about what you've done today made me tired.
I just don't feel well enough to do much of anything.
I only have one pair of maternity shorts and I know if I'm gonna make it through this summer (I live in the south) I'm going to need a lot more. I'm going to look at thrift stores though I can't afford to buy from maternity stores much too pricey for me.

#55 ·
Sheacoby -- maybe a consignment store? Or even freecycle? I started wearing skirts to help deal with the heat -- I'm not in the south, but we still have quite a lot of days in the 90s - 100 range with high humidity, bleh. Not for as long as you guys do, I'm sure, but it feels like the reasonable weather between that and below-freezing, windy, snowy months is short-lived!

#56 ·
DH and I interviewed our potential HB midwives this morning. I love them already.
Dh had to run off to a meeting, so I didn't get a chance to see how he felt. But they pretty much said everything I wanted to hear, so I'm pretty excited.

#58 ·
Brisen & MiamiMami, thank you for the suggestions.

Skirts would be nice and cool too!!

What's funny talking about this today is we are having unseasonably cool weather right now. Of course it won't last and it will be HOT very soon.

#59 ·
I'll join, but I probably won't keep up well. Too tired!

This is my first baby. I'm 7 weeks today - due Nov. 10 based on ovulation date. I was charting, and I ovulated on CD31, so I'm prepared to stick to MY date and not let the nurse at the OB office put down the LMP date (which would make me 2.5 weeks farther along than I know I am). I think my OB will listen to me - she's actually a wonderful friend of mine, and I'm so excited to have her help and care for this pregnancy. My first appt is next week.

#60 ·
Skirts are looking really good right about now. I went to Old Navy, Target and a Motherhood outlet today. Then I came home and looked online at Gap, Kohls, and a few other places. I'm not picky...REALLY I'm not. I live in jeans and t-shirts normally. But man! There are a lot of ugly maternity clothes out there.
I've also noticed that capris are really big. I hate capris--actually, I like them on other people, but they make me look dumpy.

Okay, I think I'm done griping about clothes now.

#61 ·
Hi Everyone!

I can't believe how quickly my body is changing this time! I guess it remembers being pregnant... I'm with the rest of you, I am not liking anything tight around my abdomen. I am wearing the low rise jeans I wore last pregnancy and normally wear with a belt. Hopefully they'll last awhile because those darn maternity pants always fall off me (I don't have much in the hips department). Mat clothes are still a pain to find; why do people think pregnant women want to wear flashy, crazy patterns?!! I do like Old Navy though.

I am reassured by how my body is changing, plus I'm tired, a little dizzy and diapers make me gag, but I'll be honest, I still worry about the baby being sticky. I am excited for this pregnancy and want to share the news with everyone, which makes me even more nervous!! Isn't that goofy?
to all of you who have had losses.... I think that must be so hard. Sending sticky vibes to all.....

It's nice getting to know you all a little. I'll try to do personals the next time I post. Right now it's time for me to clean up, find a snack and watch Sex in the City before I hit the sack.

#62 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheacoby
I can't afford to buy from maternity stores much too pricey for me.
Many of them have discount/clearance racks... that's how I found mine (I know what you mean about cost - I almost fell over today when I looked at the price of a pair of maternity jeans... $50!!!).

Some friends have found maternity clothes at their Once Upon A Child. Ours doesn't do maternity stuff, though... just baby.

Hope you find something that works for you

#63 ·
Oh yes, clearance racks! The good thing, too, is that right when you start you pg, they have the clothes for the end of your pg on clearance, right? Though if you're looking for shorts, that won't be much help. Unless they still have shorts on clearance from last summer

#64 ·
Hi everybody. I finally read through all the posts and am so happy to have found this group. I am pg w/ #2 and am due on the 14th. I was trying to chart but think I was totally getting it wrong maybe because I never really slept for long without nursing and my temps were not showing a long enough luteal phase. I was so depressed that I couldn't get pg after waiting until ds was 21 mo. to get my first period. Amazingly, I was thinking dh and I should do the next months chart together so he could be more a part of it. He kept telling me I pg already and I felt so bad for him because I knew I couldn't be. I can look back and laugh at it all now.
I am so excited I can hardly contain it. The first time there was so much to think and read and talk about. This time I can just relax and enjoy it. I know that once this icky first part is over the beautiful second trimester will be here. Then the long wait of not being able to eat or breathe and then the amazing, powerful birth. And then there he/she will be. Honestly. I am over the moon.
One thing we are trying to think of now is a nickname. I think it will be Bean. DS was born in the year of the monkey so that is what we call him but this is the year of the dog and I am hoping it is a girl and I can't call it Bitch. And there is nothing about Scorpio that lends itself to a nickname.
Anyway, it is lovely to be here with everybody. I have heard that after first pg you start to show earlier. I don't know what to do about clothes. I am 5'4" and 172 lbs now. I wear 14wp. I have not found plus size petite maternity yet. Capris as pants don't work for me because the crotch is halfway to my knees and that is so uncomfortable. I hate shorts. Perhaps this will be my summer to learn to sew. Last pg I wore one pair of pants the whole time. When I came home I put on a pair of stretch pants. Then right before I left the house I would put on my black maternity pants and shoes and then walk out. I threw them away after the first couple weeks post partum!

#66 ·
hi everyone,

i havent had a chance to read through all of the posts yet but i thought i would post an update,
we are both going well although morning sickness has kicked in big time for both of us. having two hormonal women in the house is actually becoming funny to our 6 year old. she said to us today after we had a little spat over something stupid "now do I need to set up time out corners for you two" the stern look on her face was priceless and had us almost on the floor laughing.

i spoke to my midwife on the phone about the possibility of twins and she says she is thinking that this may be the case as my levels are still 4x's what they should be. she was going to stop taking levels and just leave it for 4 weeks and do them again and if they were still high i would be having an early ultrasound just to make sure and see whats happening.
but after our appointment on friday she is considering sending me for an ultrasound sooner i am already starting to show and i am measuring about 13 weeks instead of 6 weeks. i would really rather wait but i have agreed that if in 2 weeks my levels havent calmed down and i am still measuring ahead then i will have an early ultrasound to check for twins. the reason i want to wait is because i measured really big with my son as well at 6 weeks with my son i was measuring 15 weeks but by 8 weeks things had settles down and i was only measuring 3 weeks in front but i had ALOT of fluid with him which is why i measured ahead i didnt have high levels with him so that is the only reason i am agreeing to an early ultrasound in 2 weeks.

i havent got much more time before i need to get back and help out with packing. we are currently moving into a bigger house as we only live in a small 2 bedroom at the moment so the kids are sharing. we have only been in this house for just under 12 months but we have brought a bigger house with 5 bedrooms so we can fit everyone in. we move in 3 weeks but the packing is taking forever. so talk to you all later

Dimity

#67 ·
I am Kim. I am 9-10 weeks with my first. I have two stepsons 17 and 19 they live out of state with their mom. We see them in the summer and at Christmas and occassionaly in between when we can.

My DH thinks he is crazy for starting over. I am 29 he is 39. I told him it would keep him young. He is not so sure. He is sure this baby will be a boy (because he has two other boys) I told him it would serve him right to have a girl this time. He would have no idea what to do with one. I dont care as long as he/she is healthy.

I had been TTC since Sept. Then went to Chiropractor throughout Jan and Feb for some neck issues and got pregnant. Only after getting pregnant did i read the info on the link between fertility and chiropratic care. I am definatly a believer. I plan to keep going during the pregnancy. He has already helped with the migraines I have been getting.

Well I guess I should do some work. I am excited to get to know everyone!

#68 ·
Congrats Spunky & Kim!!

Dimity, wow you could have 3 newborns at once!!!

I am still stuck in nausea land and really wanting to leave.

Today is a beautiful day here and I really need to make myself go outside. I know it will make me feel better but it's hard to get motivated to do anything when ya feel so crappy. I am also crying at everything. I mean I cried watching a 90210 rerun the other day, that's pretty bad.

~Heather

#69 ·
Connorsmum, I am so in awe of you! Two children, two pregnant women, twins!, and moving! You take my breath away. I am just trying to figure out a move 15 mo. ago, making meals every day, and a two year old. You are my hero.
I feel mediocre today. Still so tired and slightly nauseous (sp?). A friend told me she didn't get sick until 9 weeks. I thought if I didn't have it by now, this would be the worst it gets. But now I am holding my breath.
I am trying to decide what kind of birth I want. It will definitely be at home but should I be unassisted or with just a low key midwife or with 4 other people, like last time, and make it a celebration! DH will do whatever I want (smart man!)
Zen-ozz, thanks. I don't know any scorpios very well and I am so happy to hear about your first son.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.