What are you craving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-20-2006, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any cravings out there? I am eating a lot of tomatoes and roasted red peppers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
BEEF

I seem to always crave beef during pregnancy. Funny thing is that before DS #1, I didn't really like beef much - I was starting to like some beef, but not all. Then I got preg and started loving Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers (I know, such a healthy pregnancy choice!). This time, I'm going for steak and beef pot roast.

(obviously I'm not a vegetarian )

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#3 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 AM

Sun-dried tomatoes and milk (not necessarily together)! And I've been doing a lot of spinach salads as snacks in the afternoon... but I don't know if that's a craving or just an ease-of-making =) At least it's not as bad as my son's pregnancy... all I wanted the first trimester was salt... and third trimest (I'm embarassed to admit) CORNDOGS!
#4 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 07:58 AM

Spinach salad here too! But what I HAVE to have lately is avocadoes. (I nice, cheap craving, right? )

With my other pregnancies, I craved: potatoes(#1), mushrooms (#2) and eggs (#3).

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#5 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 AM

Beef here too.

I don't eat much red meat but when pregnant that's all I want.

Marcia
#6 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 09:57 AM

This week it's whole wheat bagels with onion and chive cream cheese. Last week it was coconut.

With my first, I craved frozen pizza (ick) secodn it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Third it was BLTs. So, I'm expecting sooner or later I'll settle into one thin for the rest of this pregnancy, too :LOL
#7 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Anything salty!
#8 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 02:58 PM

ugh, I *wish* I would actually crave something, anything! but right now the thought of eating just grosses me out. I have to just push down some food every now and then to keep away the nausea and hunger. I'm hoping that soon I'll start to actually want to eat something!
#9 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Anything spicy. I have been putting hot sauce on everything

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#10 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 03:04 PM

when i'm pregnant i always eat terribly. i think i survived the first 5 months of my last pregnancy solely on mcdonalds cheeseburgers and tv dinners. it was absolutely the only thing i could keep down, and i figured eating crap and keeping it down was better than throwing up healthy food the minute i ate it, if i could even bring myself to take a bite.

right now i just wish i was craving something, because absolutely everything i can think of is making me gag. i had a brief interest in potato soup, but after peeling a few potatos i decided it didn't sound so good after all. oh well, what can you do?
#11 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 PM

Fish. I don't usually eat much fish but these days I want fish every night for supper. Wouldn't be such a problem if I was in Canada but for some reason Sweden doesn't have that great of a selection of frozen fish. And fresh fish is bloody well expensive.
#12 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 03:18 PM

right now i just wish i was craving something, because absolutely everything i can think of is making me gag. i had a brief interest in potato soup, but after peeling a few potatos i decided it didn't sound so good after all. oh well, what can you do? [/QUOTE]

mmmmmm potato soup. i think i may have to have that for lunch

Actually all my friends said they would know I was prego when I started to eat normal.
I like turkey with strawberries, Potato pancakes with Ketchup, hot sauce and Syrup, and all kinds of other weird combos.

Kim, mama to Anna Blair 11/23/07
#13 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 05:10 PM

Emerald Sesame Kale and Asian salad w/oranges, almonds, chow mein noodles, and spicy thai peanut dressing! That's what's for supper tonight.

and cheeseburgers. And beef. no chicken!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#14 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't figure out what I'm craving yet, I mean, I'm definietly craving something, but it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out

I actually usually eat healthier when pregnant (except last time I was healthy for 6 days a week, and then wanted taco bell! lol)

aknit.gif trekkie.gif mama to DS reading.gif and DD energy.gif autismribbon.gif  

#15 of 15 Old 03-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Tht's my biggest issue, I'm craving anything! I'm so hungry all the time, I don't have any nausea so that's not the problem, but NOTHING sounds good. I spend all day thinking about what I might be able to choke down, and it still doesn't "hit the spot" I'm so hungry right now but can not think of a single thing that I want to pass through my lips. :

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page