I am so tired of freezing all the time! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-22-2006, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am never cold...never! Always warm! Well since I got pg I am always freezing, shivering all the time. I wish I could just stay warm!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#2 of 13 Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM

I'm cold too. I keep turning up the heat. Yesterday it was 75 degrees in our kitchen (after cooking), and I asked, "does anyone else feel cold?" Nope! I tend towards cold most of the time anyway, so this isn't really different for me except for that now I can't take the hot baths I usually take to warm myself up. I never felt hot during my last pregnancy either, but I guess most pregnant women do.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#3 of 13 Old 03-22-2006, 02:07 PM

nak

try putting a blanket in the dryer, get it nice and hot, then wrap yourself in it. keeps me warm when i get cold.
#4 of 13 Old 03-22-2006, 04:05 PM

I've been the same way, but I have thyroid issues this time around (have since ds's birth), so I'm always wondering if my meds need to be adjusted...
#5 of 13 Old 03-22-2006, 10:09 PM

I just turned up the heat, crawled under the covers, and am wishing someone would bring mew a warm pair of socks. I, too, miss my hot bath to warm myself. So know you're not freezing alone.
#6 of 13 Old 03-23-2006, 05:09 PM

last pregnancy I was HOT allllll the time! This time I'm SOOOOOO cold! What is with that?? hey...maybe it's a girl! WOOHOO!

aknit.gif trekkie.gif mama to DS reading.gif and DD energy.gif autismribbon.gif  

#7 of 13 Old 03-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
I am never cold...never! Always warm! Well since I got pg I am always freezing, shivering all the time. I wish I could just stay warm!
I could have written this!!! I am never cold and now I am... Personally in my case I think it is due to th fact that I have very low temps normally and now since I got preggo my temps are a full 2 degrees higher... so I am feeling the cold more...
I don't know... but maybe this will be a good thing mid-summer

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#8 of 13 Old 03-24-2006, 08:11 AM

phew! Glad it's not just me. I thought I was getting pneumonia! I wake up absolutely frigid!!
#9 of 13 Old 03-24-2006, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

my dh and I were talking about it and I have never been newly pregnant in the winter...my other two are born in Feb and March so I was newly preggers in the summer and spring. So maybe I was freezing with my last two only didn't know it because it was so hot out?

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#10 of 13 Old 03-24-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
my dh and I were talking about it and I have never been newly pregnant in the winter...my other two are born in Feb and March so I was newly preggers in the summer and spring. So maybe I was freezing with my last two only didn't know it because it was so hot out?
Wow! That's a great point! My son was born last February, so I started off pregnancy in May!
#11 of 13 Old 03-24-2006, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'll be the oddball... I was not cold at all last preg (which started in December, due September), but this preg I'm freezing, and I'm only 2 months out from the last preg. Weird! I've been running the gas heater in the den alot to keep warm, since the house is on a heat pump which is not real great for "real cold weather". We had some nice 80 degree days here, but now it's back down in the 50s during the day.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#12 of 13 Old 03-24-2006, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am always hot during preg. Always. Well, I haven't felt too hot lately, come to think of it... but it is winter here, not very sunny, the heat isn't up high, and I"m comfy in a t-shirt all the time, and I'm kicking off the covers all night.

In the summer, man, I just about DIE. I was pg once during a very mild summer, and everyone was going on about how wonderful it was compared to last summer... but it felt hotter to me. Ugh. I hate being pg through the summer. Last baby was born at the end of August. UGH.

OK, enough of my whining... carry on, you cool ladies...

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#13 of 13 Old 03-25-2006, 12:38 PM

I was soooo hot last pg. It was great because he was born in March and I didn't wear a coat all winter, just a sweater. I am always cold and absolutely loved being the warm one. Now this time I am freezing and no matter what can not stay warm. Even if I manage to get warm by drinking something warm or put five blankets on me and snuggle with little ds the furnace, I'm cold again. Always cold. I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page