Mothering Forum banner

I am so tired of freezing all the time!

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  spunky 
#1 ·
I am never cold...never! Always warm! Well since I got pg I am always freezing, shivering all the time. I wish I could just stay warm!

#2 ·
I'm cold too. I keep turning up the heat. Yesterday it was 75 degrees in our kitchen (after cooking), and I asked, "does anyone else feel cold?" Nope! I tend towards cold most of the time anyway, so this isn't really different for me except for that now I can't take the hot baths I usually take to warm myself up. I never felt hot during my last pregnancy either, but I guess most pregnant women do.

Lex

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
I am never cold...never! Always warm! Well since I got pg I am always freezing, shivering all the time. I wish I could just stay warm!
I could have written this!!! I am never cold and now I am... Personally in my case I think it is due to th fact that I have very low temps normally and now since I got preggo my temps are a full 2 degrees higher... so I am feeling the cold more...
I don't know... but maybe this will be a good thing mid-summer

#9 ·
my dh and I were talking about it and I have never been newly pregnant in the winter...my other two are born in Feb and March so I was newly preggers in the summer and spring. So maybe I was freezing with my last two only didn't know it because it was so hot out?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
my dh and I were talking about it and I have never been newly pregnant in the winter...my other two are born in Feb and March so I was newly preggers in the summer and spring. So maybe I was freezing with my last two only didn't know it because it was so hot out?
Wow! That's a great point! My son was born last February, so I started off pregnancy in May!

#11 ·
I'll be the oddball... I was not cold at all last preg (which started in December, due September), but this preg I'm freezing, and I'm only 2 months out from the last preg. Weird! I've been running the gas heater in the den alot to keep warm, since the house is on a heat pump which is not real great for "real cold weather".
We had some nice 80 degree days here, but now it's back down in the 50s during the day.

#12 ·
I am always hot during preg. Always. Well, I haven't felt too hot lately, come to think of it... but it is winter here, not very sunny, the heat isn't up high, and I"m comfy in a t-shirt all the time, and I'm kicking off the covers all night.

In the summer, man, I just about DIE. I was pg once during a very mild summer, and everyone was going on about how wonderful it was compared to last summer... but it felt hotter to me. Ugh. I hate being pg through the summer. Last baby was born at the end of August. UGH.

OK, enough of my whining... carry on, you cool ladies...

#13 ·
I was soooo hot last pg. It was great because he was born in March and I didn't wear a coat all winter, just a sweater. I am always cold and absolutely loved being the warm one. Now this time I am freezing and no matter what can not stay warm. Even if I manage to get warm by drinking something warm or put five blankets on me and snuggle with little ds the furnace, I'm cold again. Always cold. I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.