hoping for a boy or girl? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What gender are you hoping for?
boy 2 6.06%
girl 13 39.39%
don't care 17 51.52%
haven't decided 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious what other mommas are hoping for. I have 1 DS and I'm hoping this one will be a little girl! I pray for it everyday I've wanted a girl for as long as I can remember...

anyway, just curious

aknit.gif trekkie.gif mama to DS reading.gif and DD energy.gif autismribbon.gif  

#2 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM

We don't really care - though most of my family seems to want a girl (we have a ds). In fact, when we told DH's parents, MIL said she was going to go buy dresses =) We have a poll going on our baby site, and the votes so far are 6 for boy and 10 for girl.

I would love at least one child of each gender... and I'm hoping to convince hubby we need 4 kids (he wants 3). But, really, I can't change it now, whatever baby is is fine with me... I'm just excited that s/he's coming!!!
#3 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 03:31 PM

I never cared either way but as soon as I got pregnant with my dd (of course didn't know she was a girl) I really wanted a girl, the same thing happened with my son only of course I really wanted a boy. I haven't gotten a strong feeling either way this time. I did have a dream the other night about a baby girl (so maybe it's a girl, usually my pregnancy dreams are right).

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#4 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I voted girl, although really, I'd be ecstatic with either one. But my DH really wants a little girl (and I think that's sweet!), and the rest of the family wants a girl - MIL wants to sew fru-fru dresses, and my parents have 3 grandsons already, so it's time for a girl! And I think it'd be fun to sew girly cloth diapers for a change - boy prints are SO hard to find! And sewing cute little dresses would be great too.

But if it's another boy, I'll just enjoy dressing my "little man" again. Boys are lots of fun!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#5 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 04:02 PM

#6 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I really don't care which sex were get. I'll adore either one. I would love to get another girl someday, just so DD can have a sister. But if we only get boys from now on, I'll be happy with that too.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#7 of 16 Old 03-23-2006, 10:24 PM

I think my baby is going to be a boy but I would love a girl. I think that raising a girl would be easier for some reason because I know what it is like! I would just be happy with a healthy baby. I worry about everything that could go wrong after reading stories!
#8 of 16 Old 03-24-2006, 02:38 AM

It doesn't matter to me but i have a feeling this will be a boy.
#9 of 16 Old 03-24-2006, 07:53 AM

It doesn't matter to me--it never did.

Dh keeps telling me I'm having twins--(that's based on absolutely nothing, btw! )

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#10 of 16 Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 PM

I feel guilty but I really would a girl. I have 2 DS and of course love them to pieces but in all honesty my heart does long for a girl. I know this isn't the last babe... but it would be nice to have a girl. Although I must say there is something special about having 3 sons! As long as the babe is healthy I'm happy!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#11 of 16 Old 03-24-2006, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I don't care, we have one dd. DH is the one that shocked me, I thought he'd be hoping for a boy this time around, but he said he wants more girls.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#12 of 16 Old 03-25-2006, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have two boys and a girl. I don't care either way. With dd's pregnancy, I started wanting a girl, then feeling terribly guilty about it, though I don't think hoping for a girl means I wouldn't like the baby if it were a boy. I think it was just pg hormones

Before dd was conceived, ds#1 begged for a baby sister. When he found out we were having a baby, he begged for us to make it a girl. He prayed for a sister. Every time he had a chance to make a wish, he wished for a sister. He wasn't surprised when the baby was a girl. So lately (he doesn't know I"m pg), he has been saying he wants the next baby to be a girl, so the family will be even. We'll see what happens!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#13 of 16 Old 03-25-2006, 02:41 PM

#14 of 16 Old 03-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen
Before dd was conceived, ds#1 begged for a baby sister. When he found out we were having a baby, he begged for us to make it a girl. He prayed for a sister. Every time he had a chance to make a wish, he wished for a sister.
Does this mean I will get a girl DS keeps telling me he wants a sister. I told him that God might want him to have another brother, he didn't like that We shall see!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#15 of 16 Old 03-28-2006, 01:54 PM

I'm feeling a bit outnumbered with all this testosterone surrounding me, so I'd quite like to have a little girl.

Shannon
#16 of 16 Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefight
having been pregnant with three boys so far my experience has been this - when asked by strangers and pediatricians and everyone else about the sex of the coming baby and my response being that it's a boy have always been met with frowns and i'm sorrys. there's not a lot that makes me more angry than sexism in utero.
wow, that sucks. That is just so odd and absurd that it baffles me.

I can't really decide what I "want" ... one day I'd love to have a girl, the next day a boy... I think my mom would love for me to have a girl so she can sew cute outfits for her. In fact just a month or so before I got pg she was sewing some skirts for her nieces and was saying, "I wish I could have some grandkids to sew for." How quickly her wish came true! In fact I think her momma blessings and wishes probably just rubbed off on me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page