Mothering Forum banner

1st trimester haiku

619 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sbm1001 
#1 ·
laying on my bed
my hands rest atop my womb
breathing and waiting

Hello mamas,
I'm Gemma, I have a 3 year old boy named Oscar and I think I am about 8 weeks pregnant. It's odd to be at this stage again. I went through a 15 week pregnancy with a blighted ovum last fall, and really didn't anticipate being pregnant again so soon. I feel incredibly blessed.

We are currently living in Japan, but will be leaving at the end of July. My husband has been teaching English through the JET Programme and I do part-time English teaching when it is available. We are moving on to Portland, OR and I am ecstatic.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the November crew!

#3 ·
Congratulations Gemma and konichiwa.
I loved your haiku and seeing your location reminded me of my time in Japan. I was in the Air Force and stationed in Misawa. There I dated a Canadian JET teacher and as a token of my affection would bring him whole wheat bread and jars of peanut butter. I myself love Japanese gummy white bread, but it grew tiresome for him after 6 months.
Do you have an oven?

#5 ·
Ha! I could use a peanut butter and wheat bread connection in our town. Right now we have to special order our pb from a natural foods company at 10 bucks a jar...which lasts less than a week. I have regular dreams about finding a co-op grocery in our tiny town and wake up really disappointed...but the seaweed selection at our local supermarket is fantastic.

It's funny you should mention the oven thing. We don't have one, but I have been borrowing our neighbors microwave (it that has a convection oven setting), while she is on vacation. I may cry some tears when I have to give it back. I never realized how much I used an oven until I moved here and was stuck without one. Since we decided that this would be our last year here, I have been getting mini panic attacks when I think about leaving this beautiful country...but I can't wait to get back to some creature comforts in the States.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.