Weekly chat; 5/15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
November 2006 > Weekly chat; 5/15
BabyBumblebee's Avatar BabyBumblebee 11:16 PM 05-18-2006
Had my second prenatal visit yesterday - got to hear the heartbeat again after 45 minutes of trying....aaaaargh! I think I was holding my breath for at least 44 minutes of that :

I think that we have a girl's name picked out, but I'm not sure about boy's names...somehow, nothing that we've discussed seems quite right. Dh and I have quite different tastes in names; I think we may try and find out the babe's gender at my Level 2 u/s in 4 weeks, so it would be nice to have at least some ideas...I remember how nice it was last time to be able to talk to dd as 'Charlie'

MerryOne, I'm so sorry about your stalker...that's just unpleasant. I hope that they're not putting too much of a dampener on things for you.

I think that my present craving for dried figs is *not* a good thing. Apparently, it is possible to eat too much fibre - ooops

Mrs_Hos's Avatar Mrs_Hos 01:19 AM 05-19-2006
I'll finish up 13 weeks today...
I definitely have a little belly--and maternity are the only 'comfortable' clothes I can wear. It is just too uncomfortable to try and get into regular clothes--can't even sit...
Anyways...I think I'm feeling flutters--or maybe gas!
I'm excited for warm weather...and going swimming...I'm just trying to figure out how to do that with a 3 yr old! I can have 15 min 'adult swim', but can't leave my 3 yr old to sit and 'watch'...I would worry she would try and get in with me or 'need' me or something, so I have to figure out what to do...guess I could go with a good friend who doesn't mind sitting there for 15 min...sounds selfish of me to ask tho...

midwestmeg's Avatar midwestmeg 01:51 PM 05-19-2006
I love to swim, too! But it is hard to figure out what to do with a toddler.... 'okay, mommy wants to swim about halfway across the lake; now stay here- YEAH RIGHT!' My cats would probably listen better.

My big score for the summer is that our friends from AK are sending their daughter to stay with us for a month while dad works commercial fishing and mom goes to school. Their daughter is 11 and she's super excited about earning some $$ by helping me with Cecilia. I also signed her up for horse riding lessons at the stable nearby- what 11 year old girl wouldn't love THAT?!! She can't wait to come, which is good b/c she's never been away from her folks/family much before.

I think I'm feeling movements too... but they are so flittery at first, it's hard to recognize them for movement. I am 14 weeks! Those weeks seem to be moving pretty quickly.
BathrobeGoddess's Avatar BathrobeGoddess 07:50 PM 05-19-2006
Quote:
Their daughter is 11 and she's super excited about earning some $$ by helping me with Cecilia.
How fun! My dd is 11 and is the greatest help! It is so nice having that extra pair of eager hands around.
zen-ozz's Avatar zen-ozz 11:28 PM 05-19-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
I feel HUGE. I'm definitely as big as I was at 6 or 7 months with my first. But since this is #4, I guess that's normal. I'm actually still about 5 pounds down from what I weighed when I got pregnant.
This is me exactly! I keep worrying there is more than one baby because I am so big. I am sure it is normal for the fourth baby, but it just feels so strange to have my big belly start right below my breasts knowing that the baby is below my bellybutton!

I am feeling much less nauseous, but now the leg/belly/back cramps and restless leg stuff has started. It feels so uncomfortable, especially at night. I have started taking mega doses of calcium/magnesuim and today I went to my awesome, incredible cranialsacral therapist. She did a great job, but my legs were twiching the whole time. She said she just couldn't get my body to let go of it's tightness, so I am going to start going once a week. Hopefully it will all help.

I am a social worker, but I stopped working after Zeke was born. I was doing Early Intervention work before I decided to stay home. I had a reputation for doing well with families that were a bit more difficult to work with. By the end it was draining me. I truly don't miss it. I miss the families who were working hard and doing their best for their kids, but sadly, those families were rare for me. SoPac, I used to work with sexually abused kids also. I helped to start a child advocacy center in my town. That I miss, but my supervisor was not allowing me to grow in the position, so I had to move on. I feel lucky to be financially able to stay home with the kids, but I often miss the adult interaction. My husband is a pilot.

Faeriewisp ~ I am from Saratoga Springs, about 30 minutes north of Albany. My doula is very active in the capital region birth community and she is awesome!!! She may have some resources for you if you decide you want to connect with other unassisted birth mamas. I would be happy to give you her name. Feel free to PM me if I can do anything to help as you are moving! Maybe we could get together when you get here.
Kerriemoe's Avatar Kerriemoe 05:27 PM 05-20-2006
Hello, everyone! I begin the 14th week tomorrow! So glad to be in the 2nd trimester. Now if only the exhaustion will pay attention and realize it's time to leave. :yawning:

I've been in maternity clothes, oh, about since I got my BFP. I have a tummy sleeve that helps keep them up, though, and that really helps. The nausea and nasty taste in my mouth seem to be going away, thank goodness. I've gained about 10 lbs, which we're not happy about, but I think that'll taper off for a while now that I can eat healthy foods again. And I'm keeping up with the exercise, which will also help, I think. I had pre-eclampsia last time, so I do worry about that. I know the risk is lower with a 2nd pregnancy, but I'm just trying to eat right and exercise to stay healthy.

For a girl's name we're using the same one we'd chosen for DS, it's the one I'd picked out in high school: Colleen Rosemary, after my stillborn sister and my favorite grandmother. Two people I wish I could have gotten to know, or know better. Boy's names are harder, because DH has all these crazy "rules." We went through a name book, and only found one name in the entire boy's section that we agreed on. So Dillon it is! Still working on the middle name. We were thinking Patrick because we got our BFP on St. Patrick's Day.

I've been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now, though DH didn't believe me until we saw our future gymnast squirming around like crazy on the u/s on Monday. In fact, I'm feeling a little now and it's probably because it's snacktime. Gotta go!
1  2

Up