Tightening uterus - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-23-2006, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...normally I can barely feel the outline of my uterus...I know in another month I'll feel it more...but here's the question...
During orgasms my uterus hardens...understandable...Ok, I understand that...but here's the question (no really...I'm finally getting to my main question!)

At night I wake up often to pee...sometimes I wake up to roll over etc...every time I wake up (even AFTER I pee) my uterus is still hardened. Why is it hardened?

At first I thought I must be having really GOOD dreams that I wasn't remembering...then I thought maybe I was getting dehydrated at night while I sleep...now I'm thinking early (very early) braxton hicks? The only thing is that my uterus isn't contracting...it is just hardened and it stays that way...

Any ideas!???
#2 of 11 Old 05-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Yup - it's the BHs. I'm pretty sure you're not a first-time mama, right? The more pregnancies you have, the earlier you'll feel them and the stronger they'll be, too.

I never felt any last time until about 38 weeks (with the exception of after sex, too ). So I'm hoping they hold out quite awhile for me... but I'm not going to hold my breath on that or anything!
#3 of 11 Old 05-23-2006, 11:13 PM

yep, sound like BH. I've been having them for about two weeks now, and I'll be 17 weeks on saturday (4th baby here, I swear I thought this time I'd start feeling the BH before I actually got PG, LOL!)
#4 of 11 Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

REALLY!? Ok, I thought there was a chance...but it is so odd to think that is really it...
This is baby #2 for me...
So...does this mean my uterus will be in better 'shape' and more prepared for birth? If so, bring 'um on! I'll take uncomfort or even a little pain if it means a speedy and less pain birth!
Will BH come on more at night for any particular reason? Because I'm relaxed?
Thanks ladies...where would I be without this board!!!!!!
#5 of 11 Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 AM

: same thing here too!

I'm noticing the BH much earlier than I did with dd - hoping that means that my body remembers what to do!
#6 of 11 Old 05-24-2006, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think my midwife said last time (it's been almost 2.5 years, so my mind is VERY fuzzy) that B-H actually start around 8 weeks-ish? You just don't feel them that early, but they do start then, even in a first time pregnancy. I remember at my prenatals, everytime I laid down, my uterus would harden for a few minutes. My midwife had to wait it out so she could feel everything. I didn't feel the hardness internally, but I could put my hand on it and feel it from the outside. I never did feel B-H internally with that pregnancy (ended at 29w4d), but I was able to feel them externally from way early on. Sounds like your uterus is doing the normal thing.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#7 of 11 Old 05-24-2006, 12:27 PM

I feel the same hardening occasionally...not internally, but only if I put my hand there. It kinda weirded me out at first but then reading here I figured they were BH contractions. I didn't know till now though that even though you can't feel it inside that's what it is. Interesting!
#8 of 11 Old 05-24-2006, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ya know...it is funny to me that I keep learning new things almost DAILY...this is my 2nd baby, I surround myself with books and friends, go to 'Dar a Luz' (formerly known as 'birthrite'...www.birthriteinternational.com) meetings, LLL meetings...you'd THINK I'd know things...but I keep on learning!
Thanks ladies...good to know everyone is 'flexing their uterine muscles!' hahaha
#9 of 11 Old 05-26-2006, 09:18 AM

I'm "flexing" too, thought it was early, but once again you ladies have soothed my nerves. thanks for sharing!
#10 of 11 Old 05-26-2006, 11:47 AM

I just posted a similar topic on October DDC because I was having the same thing. And like you Mrs Hos it seems really strong when I get up to pee and stays hard after I pee and in the night. It almost feels like if I get up too fast all the muscles in my abdomen will tear! Sometimes it happenes in the shower and washing my hair becomes pretty uncomfortable. Glad to know we're all in this together!
#11 of 11 Old 05-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Is that what happened to me last night??? HA! I guess I should recognize it with #2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page